What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered a SH866AA voltage regulator off a newer parted zx14. I suspect it's a series model from the ID that will run a cooler stator. But without the pricing the well known SH847AA pulls.

Does need a sensor wire added for non Kawi applications.

Save Your Stators!

I also read this about RR type and Lipo batteries.

image.thumb.png.bdd4cf5fbfb8c424c05cefe200d89633.png

I Aired up the tires, checked the brakes, and started it for the first time this year. I’m hoping to head out around noon for a 4-5 hour ride. The plans are for a moderate pace to shake off the cobwebs for the bike and me, but maybe at times the pace will increase. Now if I can just get the weather to cooperate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Ordered a SH866AA voltage regulator off a newer parted zx14. I suspect it's a series model from the ID that will run a cooler stator. But without the pricing the well known SH847AA pulls.

I declare farking with Regulators before issues pop up on your personal bike--

Shindengengans!:lol:

3 hours ago, marlboro man said:

Just Gave my grandpas 1981 twin star 3kicks & it started After sitting 3years with the same gas that Rode the dragon But I put fuel stabilizer in it . It only tops out at 70 but the foot pegs fold up 

Hope you changed the oil first 🤯

1 hour ago, what said:

how much belt fuzz did you have to clean out of there?

None. They only had 16k on them. I have pushed belts to 24k miles, before. I just want it done so I can still leave it for sale while I ride it this summer. I was going to have the Duc shop do the service, but this virus has me home for some time.

I am not sure I have the same skillset as the dealership, though. I only install one gasket on my drainplug. That must be why they charge $1300 for this service. Extra attention to detail... 

20200325_152122.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

150 miles of Social Distancing today after work. 

20200325_165952.jpg

I am not trying to hurt your feelings, but if you had a 2018 BMW R1200GS Adventure (like me..that's what I have. didn't I tell you, already?) you totally could have made that corner. 

Just sayin'... 

Edited by Pauly

1 minute ago, Pauly said:

I am not trying to hurt your feelings, but if you had a 2018 BMW R1200GS Adventure (like me..that's what I have. didn't I tell you, already?) you totally could have made that corner. 

Just sayin'... 

It's all down hill from there. :lol: