What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

7 hours ago, Tonik said:

Cuz you are a dumbass? Now get gloves that plug into your liner.

do you think the gloves are as critical if the grips are already heated?  this is new territory for me

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jbot said:

do you think the gloves are as critical if the grips are already heated?  this is new territory for me

From personal experience,  If you really planning to ride longer distance in colder weather the gloves really help even if heated grips. But for short commutes and only “fall temps” you can get away with heated grips.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jbot said:

Yesterday I when I road to work it was 45ish in the valley. I was lazy and just used regular gloves. Backs of the hands were cold with the grips on high. Since it was a short ride it was ok but if it had been an all day thing I would have really wanted them.

If you are doing sub 50 degree riding for a few hours I would say you want them.

• Like 2

Here's what I'm doing today.  It took awhile to get this far.  When I got the bike the carb had painted black, and was totally clogged up with varnish and peeling paint.  I think I have cleaned it up sufficiently and acquired the parts to rebuild it.  I've never worked on a carb before.   I fully expect to have to take it off again and troubleshoot it once it comes time to fire the engine.

IMG-1577.JPG

Edited by meadeam
  • Upvote 1

Last weekend my friend installed Spiegler handlebars on my 2018 Kaw Ninja H2 SX SE. The clip ons were torturous after 45 minutes of riding, the new bars are very comfortable. It was a (13) hours job, had to locate and drill holes in the bars for the controls along with rerouting wiring and brake/clutch lines. The direction were extremely vague and missing steps, like most aftermarket accessories. Really like the new bars!

H2 SX SE Handlebars.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ricer1 said:

Last weekend my friend installed Spiegler handlebars on my 2018 Kaw Ninja H2 SX SE. The clip ons were torturous after 45 minutes of riding, the new bars are very comfortable. It was a (13) hours job, had to locate and drill holes in the bars for the controls along with rerouting wiring and brake/clutch lines. The direction were extremely vague and missing steps, like most aftermarket accessories. Really like the new bars!

H2 SX SE Handlebars.jpg

Awesome, dibs on this bike when your going to upgrade to something else :) 

• 2 weeks later...

finally got my balance charging leads after an ebay seller runaround. Soldered them up and the balance charger only read 3 cells. Thought it was a cable issue but I put the battery on a normal charger and then it read 4 cells with 1 low.  Wouldn't balance as it was "full". Ran it on the discharger for a bit and it has been balancing for 2 hr now...

:popcorn:

On 11/22/2019 at 5:55 PM, motocat12 said:

finally got my balance charging leads after an ebay seller runaround. Soldered them up and the balance charger only read 3 cells. Thought it was a cable issue but I put the battery on a normal charger and then it read 4 cells with 1 low.  Wouldn't balance as it was "full". Ran it on the discharger for a bit and it has been balancing for 2 hr now...

:popcorn:

Several cycles and no dice on the shorai. The cell doesn't read again after the balance charger cycle time's out. It does read after a short time on the regular charger. it was still .4v lower than the other cells at it's best.

Cut my balance lead back apart and connected the charger's main + - to the battery's low cell's balance pins and now charging it solo at .4a 1S... I am home all day. It looks to have charged 1/2 of the missing voltage so far in 15 min. This battery did start with no problems in warm weather. My WPS with no balance port has acted the same in the cold.

:popcorn::popcorn:

On 11/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, durk said:

Are you going to rebuild it yourself?

Some of it, I'll be getting a lot of help from Jake Brown at The Dyno Shop in Powell.  Once the heads are free, I'll be doing the machine work on them.  If the cam gears need adjusted, I'll do that myself also but I don't know exactly what to do.  That's where I'll rely on his expertise, I can follow directions.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Some of it, I'll be getting a lot of help from Jake Brown at The Dyno Shop in Powell.  Once the heads are free, I'll be doing the machine work on them.  If the cam gears need adjusted, I'll do that myself also but I don't know exactly what to do.  That's where I'll rely on his expertise, I can follow directions.

Nice. Have fun with your winter project, and stop blowing up motors.