What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Turned on the weather radar on the Nav screen. 

IMG_20190809_165531.jpg

The only thing this two-wheeled version of Air Force One doesn't have is autopilot.

Edited by SpecialEd

6 hours ago, 2talltim said:

FTFY

Think what you want. All I know is my shifts are smooth and the cbr burns half as much oil since I put Amsoil in it vs. Mobile or whatever the shop mnual calls for.  Rotella seems to break down faster at the track and I dont trust it 🤷‍♂️

Bought a cheap Chinese rack for the rear of the Scout so we could mount the Givi plate and Box that I took off of the Z when I sold it. Won't be on the boke all the time. Will have the rear seat and sissy bar on most of the time. This case will be for over night trips and touring only.

20190809_204234.jpg

20190809_204257.jpg

20190809_210112.jpg

20190809_204412.jpg

20190809_204403.jpg

20190809_204320.jpg

20190809_165619.jpg

20190809_165242.jpg

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Pauly said:

I get the practicality, but that absolutely kills the flow of her bike. It looked so good and then you took a giant shit on it. 

I agree. But its for trips only. 99% of the time it will be the other configuration. 

18 hours ago, what said:

Think what you want. All I know is my shifts are smooth and the cbr burns half as much oil since I put Amsoil in it vs. Mobile or whatever the shop mnual calls for.  Rotella seems to break down faster at the track and I dont trust it 🤷‍♂️

Andy you can’t be talking about a Honda burning oil, especially in a public forum. It ruins the whole shoulda bought a Honda vibe I tend to like. 🤫

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

Why rear seat and sissy bar? Single seat looks way better and I doubt you're riding bitch on her bike lol

I assumed the sissy bar for the front seat, but maybe from the rear seat's mount

Edited by motocat12

5 hours ago, durk said:

Andy you can’t be talking about a Honda burning oil, especially in a public forum. It ruins the whole shoulda bought a Honda vibe I tend to like. 🤫

gotta have some kind of trade-off for the superior handling characteristics of the honda.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Why rear seat and sissy bar? Single seat looks way better and I doubt you're riding bitch on her bike lol

Her and I think a single seat looks stupid. She likes it with the rear one on.

5 hours ago, motocat12 said:

I assumed the sissy bar for the front seat, but maybe from the rear seat's mount

Nope they are all seperate. She likes it that way and not my bike. She'll be getting a riders back rest next.

Took the Voyager to Hundred and back. I had to get around one truck on 250...and then not a car in sight all the way to WV-7. Traffic didn't start to get heavy until I was on 800, north of I-70. Even then... I managed to make it vanish behind me. Such a nice day for a cruise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Took the Voyager to Hundred and back. I had to get around one truck on 250...and then not a car in sight all the way to WV-7. Traffic didn't start to get heavy until I was on 800, north of I-70. Even then... I managed to make it vanish behind me. Such a nice day for a cruise. 

Did construction ever get finished in moundsville or do you still gotta detour to 250?

Over 75k miles on the old  girl and she developed a bit of shaking under light braking. Goes away under heavy braking. The rotors were wet sanded last week and made no difference and no they arent wrapped. Less than .003 run out. Ebc rotors so they have the square rotor buttons but all seem to move freely. So i decided with the milage and the fact its never been done it was time to rebuild the calipers.

20190822_154257.thumb.jpg.ea5d53f3873198efe09125349e3f90d5.jpg20190822_170106.thumb.jpg.c6e11195599dfbc97eeb6b17c8630c4d.jpg

• Beer 1

Rode over 580 miles today. Quite a few miles on damp roads but never really got rained on. I seemed to roll through my route shortly after the rain fell most of the day. Felt her slip a couple times, just a reminder that I needed to slow down for the road conditions. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Over 75k miles on the old  girl and she developed a bit of shaking under light braking. Goes away under heavy braking. The rotors were wet sanded last week and made no difference and no they arent wrapped. Less than .003 run out. Ebc rotors so they have the square rotor buttons but all seem to move freely. So i decided with the milage and the fact its never been done it was time to rebuild the calipers.

20190822_154257.thumb.jpg.ea5d53f3873198efe09125349e3f90d5.jpg20190822_170106.thumb.jpg.c6e11195599dfbc97eeb6b17c8630c4d.jpg

Did the rebuild work?  If not, check the rotor floats.  Blow them out with a pressure washer.  Sometimes debris builds up and wont let the rotor float.