JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

26 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

144,550,377,78,260,26 to Marietta. All roads were in surprisingly good shape, really clean. 260 is getting pretty rough.

Thanks for the report. I’ll never forget the first time I rode 260 years ago and they had a rough road ahead sign posted. The road was full pot holes filled with gravel. Loose stone was everywhere. They eventually fixed it. Hopefully they’ll repair the current issues this year. I know last year the southbound lane had some drops in it. I typically run it north up to 145 so it didn’t effect me much. 

Grabbed a quick view of the beast today. This thing still amazes me everytime I ride it. 

20190310_132229.thumb.jpg.d9d912cbc0f966d045f3d0d85d425a1f.jpg

• Upvote 3

@JustinNck1 glad u got some miles, so jealous. When ever I see your bike I wonder if I made the right choice. I was sooo close to pull the trigger on a 10 :( 

@durk  last weekend on March , that’s the magic date. Think positive

Edited by NinjaDoc

17 hours ago, durk said:

I’m so jealous. It’s like 40 here and wind is blowing like crazy. I really need a powersports fix right now. I Tried to ride the quad yesterday while the ground was still frozen. I ended up snapping the master link not even a half lap around my track. Chain wadded up into case saver and broke the the case where the saver bolts into. No real damage to case other than now I’m missing a bolt hole for the new case saver I ordered. Starting to dream like @NinjaDoc of warm days where I can make it to SEO. 

What roads are you riding as you’re throwing the MT around? How are the roads down in SEO?

Managed about 70 miles of backroads/gravel here in E-Central OH yesterday.  The rain has washed off a lot of the crud on the roads. New Metzelers feeling great.

• Upvote 1

Started the bikes up for the first time since November and the Zs fireballs made me giggle.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Filled up the new, larger tank, strapped the new dry bag to the rack and actually rode to work today!

Heated grips on full blast kept the hands working. I thought that setting was for "well done" but was actually necessary this morning :D

Evening should be better. 

• Upvote 1

Got an hour ride in after work today. Even though the CBR is 13 years old now it still makes me grin from ear to ear. I specifically was grinning today as I grabbed a handful of throttle to lift the front wheel into the air or to blast past a car and catch the next set of curves. Can’t wait to be able to head south for some real fun. 

• Upvote 3

Took it out for a short spin, went out for a proper ride after almost 18 - 19 months. Feels extremely rusty, almost worried about corners like a new rider again. Gonna take some time to get the groove back. Still better than just staring at the bike in garage. 

large.92790534-FED7-4935-8806-764DEF8A6F20.jpeg.3f4c8a6da8a6068cb97f9831918d88fc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Got the FJR ready for some commuting tomorrow. Also picked up a new lid for my girlfriend.20190313_205744.thumb.jpg.57267fb24cf0992e70c452e434a57a7b.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pauly said:

You sure that helmet will fit, @2talltim?

He said girlfriend, not wife. 

I sprayed my Grom's insides with slippery liquid, finished the new paint job on it and Jacob tossed on my new raised rearsets while I wasn't watching. 

Edited by what

2 hours ago, what said:

EX-Wife... :bigfinger:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, what said:

I sprayed my Grom's insides with slippery liquid, finished the new paint job on it and Jacob tossed on my new raised rearsets while I wasn't watching. 

20190313_184527.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Are the Ohlins on the way?

Hahaha nah, for my puny weight the stock was good enough and set up just right. Having center stand helps tweaking and measuring easy as well.  The last trial run was surprisingly smooth and supple considering the crappy road state. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

10 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Hahaha nah, for my puny weight the stock was good enough and set up just right. Having center stand helps tweaking and measuring easy as well.  The last trial run was surprisingly smooth and supple considering the crappy road state. 

Yea but didnt you plan on going two-up? :dunno:

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea but didnt you plan on going two-up? :dunno:

Yooooooo stop putting ohlins dreams in my head : D 

hahaha

17CBDC55-5CF7-4C3A-94A3-D2C14BFF8A40.png

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Yooooooo stop putting ohlins dreams in my head : D 

hahaha

17CBDC55-5CF7-4C3A-94A3-D2C14BFF8A40.png

What else have you got to spend that moldy Dr. money on?

Malpractice insurance is for losers. Spend that $ on some nice suspension bits!

• Upvote 1

ordered some stickers for ++horsepowers

Took the FJR out for a little ride. The wind was insane. Ready for some sunny warm weather.

Got the Windscreen finally installed. Washed and polished up the bike love how she shines. Felt bad having to leave her in the garage, hoping to ride her to work in the morning