JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

Fresh oil and a new front sprocket (back to 16T, from 17) on the CBR. More drive, more whoolies. 

Returned from a 6 day ride with the wife to western KY/TN loop of back road areas. Great riding, cool morning starts, not much fall colors. Got home recovered bikes and gear. Slapped a new tire on the V-Strom and am ready to go again.

45379806662_404767a7fd_z.jpgKY1 by

30490748737_ddcc48f32b_z.jpgKY4 by

30490748397_057c7f007a_z.jpgKY5 by

45379807632_cfd970f756_z.jpgKY7 by

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

Finally got my oem header flange adapter welded airtight to my dual exhaust swap. You could also see light though the oem pipe on their flange weld bead edge 🤔

I got out for an hour and half or so ride after work today. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the bike. Only way it could have better is if I had more time to ride. I get Election Day off. I’m hoping the rain clears out that they’re calling for and I get a longer ride in then. 

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I brought my HF tire changer to work and set it up out of the way in the corner of the shop.  At lunchtime I helped a buddy change the front tire on his Ninja 650.  He doesn't have a front lift that will work with the fairing so we put a strap around the upper triple and lifted it with the forklift!  Should have got a pic...

We knew we could get away with it because our two safety guys were at an OSHA class all day!!!  😀

He brought the rear wheel in today and well do that one at morning break.

3 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Yesterday I brought my HF tire changer to work and set it up out of the way in the corner of the shop.  At lunchtime I helped a buddy change the front tire on his Ninja 650.  He doesn't have a front lift that will work with the fairing so we put a strap around the upper triple and lifted it with the forklift!  Should have got a pic...

We knew we could get away with it because our two safety guys were at an OSHA class all day!!!  😀

He brought the rear wheel in today and well do that one at morning break.

I used straps attached from a hand-fork-lift to the frame of my old ducati to do an entire front-end swap 2 winters ago. it was stable. 

1 hour ago, what said:

I used straps attached from a hand-fork-lift to the frame of my old ducati to do an entire front-end swap 2 winters ago. it was stable. 

We were planning to use the 20 ton hoist but the safety guys locked it out before they left for the OSHA class.  😕

Rear tire is on, we'll balance it on afternoon break in about 20 mins.

Edited by MSerfozo

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

We were planning to use the 20 ton hoist but the safety guys locked it out before they left for the OSHA class.  😕

Rear tire is on, we'll balance it on afternoon break in about 20 mins.

I used an A frame ladder and ratchet straps to lift the front of mine... Gotta get creative when stands costs so damn much 

Installed THIS on the R1200GSA.  

https://www.weisertechnik.com/shop/ultrabrights-extreme-bmw-motorcycle-led-turn-signal-indicators-axhzr-dsc8k

Pretty happy with the product.  Very clean look for added lighting.  Very bright lights.  But not cheap.  One thing, there's no real waterproof-ness to the lens assembly, so you gotta wonder how this will last through rain and washing.  There IS a 4 year warranty.  Someday I may order the front kit, that turns your signal indicators into bright white running lights.

Edited by Qman

Took the FJR out for a ride yesterday. Rode twisties over to Seneca Rocks and spruce knob. It was chilly but nothing heating gear couldn't take care of. Just over 400 miles.

20181102_125324.thumb.jpg.5cd1693d3c9e03033e69ed5cf790d353.jpg

20181102_133853.thumb.jpg.2cd0bb0a0fd35d9017eb9a8f5442c36e.jpg

• Upvote 2

C6BAEC8C-852C-489F-B029-8E9AA503143C.jpeg

Hardwired power for the navigation. No more dead GPS for this guy (hopefully). 

• Upvote 1

parked the 2nd racebike in the garage after its maiden trailer ride home. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, what said:

Ratty seat but DTF on the cheap. 

20181104_165614.jpg

Grom?  How did they fuck it up that fast? Spend its entire life outdoors?

1 hour ago, max power said:

Grom?  How did they fuck it up that fast? Spend its entire life outdoors?

Groms are hoon bikes. The story I got was the dude crashed it, got injured and his wife made him sell. He mainly used it as a daily driver. Supposedly.

Runs fine and already has bars on it, though they are kinda wide. Will have to see how they feel at the track. May cut them down or get some more narrow ones. Need to get a number plate, some LED strips for front blinkers and some sort of LED headlight so it can stay 'kinda' street legal as a race bike. I also need to drop some new springs and oil in the front and toss a new spring on the shock, so another $200 or so. Can't complain... all-in after everything I need to do (which honestly isn't a lot) I will be under $2,000 on this Grom.  This will be my main/only street bike after the Triumph sells. Deal's Gap next year gonna be interesting :)

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

put the bags back on and went grocery shopping with the bike

10 hours ago, what said:

20181109_205702.jpg

I can't handle it man, we are taking off those passenger pegs before Tally.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

20181110_182503.jpg

valves checked, oil changed, oil flinger cleaned, oil screen cleaned, rear tire smoked. 

• Haha 1