JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

On 9/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, 2talltim said:

Im assuming the lowered footrest blocks are from motowerks? The ones that are now discontinued?

Yes they were from that shit company.

Order Date: Sat,  Apr 26, 2014

1    | KZ1-LFPGBLKS-BLK  | Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks      |    $47.00  |      $47.00 

Color: Black (black anodized)   

Model Year: 2013 Model                                     

The blocks were designed for a Ninja that has a smaller mount bolt. I had to drill oversize to fit the block on the bike. So I wrote them a nasty response. They must have check and found I was right.

I received your lowering kit, Did not fit "out of the box" had to drill oversize the peg mount and Peg's and instl. bushing. junk! just another American half ass company with sub- standard Quality Control measures in place. please take my $67.75 and hire someone that can do the job right. Or make household decorations. Leave motorsports and stay away from Aviation.

re: Our lowering foot peg blocks do fit. Instead of getting upset and using foul language, I'd recommend following our online installation instructions and contacting us beforehand, if you did not understand how to install the lowering blocks.

We would have gladly assisted you and you would be a happy customer now.

Obviously, you tried to jam them in, whereas the blocks install from the side, as the sticker on the packaging warned.

We have many customers who have them installed correctly on their Z1000. You are the only one who had a problem.
It really is a shame that you resort to blaming others for not understanding how to install things.

43 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

1    | KZ1-LFPGBLKS-BLK  | Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks      |    $47.00  |      $47.00 

The blocks were designed for a Ninja that has a smaller mount bolt. I had to drill oversize to fit the block on the bike. So I wrote them a nasty response. They must have check and found I was right.

I received your lowering kit, Did not fit "out of the box" had to drill oversize the peg mount and Peg's and instl. bushing. junk! just another American half ass company with sub- standard Quality Control measures in place. please take my $67.75 and hire someone that can do the job right. Or make household decorations. Leave motorsports and stay away from Aviation.

re: Our lowering foot peg blocks do fit. Instead of getting upset and using foul language, I'd recommend following our online installation instructions and contacting us beforehand, if you did not understand how to install the lowering blocks.

Obviously, you tried to jam them in, whereas the blocks install from the side, as the sticker on the packaging warned.

We have many customers who have them installed correctly on their Z1000. You are the only one who had a problem.
It really is a shame that you resort to blaming others for not understanding how to install things.

Maybe if you did it right the first time 🤷🏻‍♂️

42 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Well shit. My search is still on then.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, Travisty said:

Finally got the race bike back together after my crash at Blackhawk raceway. It has been about a month. The two pins in my left hand come out in 9 days.

https://youtu.be/JfeZbN0Wrjw

Dayton2.jpg

daytona.jpg

rough one, something on the track? the guy in front of you nearly lost it too...

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Well shit. My search is still on then.

I will send you a photo of the block. Very simple design. Bolt holes have to be the right size. Jacob hawk can make a set.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Finally broke in the grom properly.

2CDFA83C-9315-42A8-AAA4-6761067106C9.jpeg

Going to race it?  OMRL this weekend at G&J and October 6 at Circleville.  Some other groms and Z125s are regulars.  You could race against my clapped out XR in the F3 class... 

25 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Going to race it?  OMRL this weekend at G&J and October 6 at Circleville.  Some other groms and Z125s are regulars.  You could race against my clapped out XR in the F3 class... 

Tim actually race in OMRL yeah right lol.  Will shit brick if he shows up this weekend

42 minutes ago, kbrok said:

Tim actually race in OMRL yeah right lol.  Will shit brick if he shows up this weekend

Always the final race of the year in October.  Usually an endurance race then too.  Need teammates, @TimTheAzn...  2 hr race, must have at least 2 riders, as many as 4, each rider must race at least 30 minutes.  Good time.

• Upvote 2

Mounted a set of Contimotions because I needed to replace my Roadsmart 3s and $150 to my door sounded good enough for now. Took a quick test run in the dark at 8:30 and they felt a lot smoother than my 3s with nearly 7000 miles. I’ve ran conti’s before but never on the 1000. We’ll see how they hold up. 

12 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Pirc and njmp those weekends. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

Pirc and njmp those weekends. 

Already signed up.

I'll leave the mini bikes to parking lots and people's front yards. :trollface:

On 9/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, B-Mac said:

I will send you a photo of the block. Very simple design. Bolt holes have to be the right size. Jacob hawk can make a set.

Cool.

BTW: Sent a email to motowerks and ask why they were discontinued and all they said was due to lack of sales. :lol: 

Finished with the KDX, for this year anyway. This year we replaced every bearing in the chassis, rebuild the front suspension, new seat cover,rebuild the rear suspension, and put on a super cool graphic kit.

97CA9069-00B6-4637-99DD-75983B7A56E4.jpeg

22FF9764-56A8-46E8-8FAB-74DA5BE3037E.jpeg

00165A66-E492-4F6C-A20F-C23EB9B3A986.jpeg

8A122FF1-5841-4882-8D33-42F4F1232B91.jpeg

• Upvote 1

@JustinNck1 and I took my Kaws out for a little stampede through it the hollar. He now knows my pain when I tell him my Connie is a hot runner :lol: Maybe he feels guilty about his hangry moment in the Utah desert now. :D I also now have a second option on whether my Z has been tuned or not and the consensus says yes. Kinda cool to let someone you trust ride your machines and hear their thoughts and opinions on your set ups. For example I couldn't imagine a bike better set up or more comforatable than my connie. But Justin said the exact opposite. Said he could ride my Z across country before he could the C14. But that's why we all all have different set ups, body styles and riding preferences. We all might what to remember that when people start pissing matches about what the best farkles or up grades for different bikes and styles are.

Didn't think I would get back on the bike so soon after my surgery but I was feeling really good today and the 123 mile jaunt we did (while a little painful)might have been just what the doc needed to order.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, GSX-Sam said:

Washed and waxed with maguire's pure polymer. Anyone know a good method for removing wax from plastic trim? 

WD-40

Had a great ride down to the river to see Moth Man. My first time was in 2011 when we moved here to Ohio. Man, People are getting weirder or I am just a old fart. Some of the costumes and outfit are wild. 691S out of Nelsonville connected to 356 at the 56 intersection and a new one for me was 143S all the way to 7 at the river. 143 has new clean asphalt and flows fast. 81deg warm at the festival was to much so made a walk thru and road curves home. 210 miles for the day.
[IMG]Load out
[IMG]Moth man 2018

Mid-Week ADV Ride 9am-2pm 180miles. :)

ADV Route: Bremen - Corning - Chesterhill - Stockport - Musky Bucket - Blue Rock - Corning - Bremen

Made it home before the high temps hit. It was good to be back on the V-Strom in the gravel and dirt.

44738267882_3376d54c07.jpgRide#6 by

44738267942_3376d54c07.jpgRide#5 by

44738268212_a922a8e90a.jpgRide#3 by

• Upvote 2

I put it safely in the back of my garage so the garage door guy can change the spring today.  I would be riding it if I could get the &^%&$(# door open!

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

I put it safely in the back of my garage so the garage door guy can change the spring today.  I would be riding it if I could get the &^%&$(# door open!

Just dump the clutch and bust through it like the Kool-Aid man! Oh yeah!

6 hours ago, max power said:

Just dump the clutch and bust through it like the Kool-Aid man! Oh yeah!

Wifey says the door is good now.  New spring and cables.  Apparently the garage door guy commented on my bike.  Her text after: "You would have enjoyed the 5 minute motorcycle discussion more than I did."

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Casper said:

Got the top box in the mail yesterday. Installed it last night. Now I’m full on old man bike. 

Hey, and just in time! I messed up my back today... get this... by sitting in my chair! Years of treating my body like shit are catching up to me. My son just had to help me walk over to the couch. Awesome.