JustinNck1

What did you do to your bike today?

Took 1 last big ride before it’s back to teaching. Put down 579 miles today in about 11hrs. Reality starts Monday. 

oF6lJE7.jpg

• Upvote 4

Pulled fuel pump, cleaned it and the filter. The pump was starting to make a squealing noise like it did last year when the bike started hesitating and losing power at high rpms. It never was hesitating yesterday but I noticed some similar behaviors that were occurring last year. Last year I replaced it with a new used EBay pump. I decided to try to clean this one instead of replacing it. It seemed to do the trick. No funky squealing pig in the tank and the bike ripped through the gears on a short test ride before the sprinkles came tonight. I also fixed my front turn signal. 

Flushed coolant and replaced with Engine Ice.

And replaced the exhaust

i-PGsZZCs-L.jpg

I broke off a couple bolts on the stock muffler when cleaning the spark arrestor so I used that excuse to replace the system with an FMF Q4 full exhaust. It is definitely lighter and looks better. Will give it a ride today to see how it sounds and if I can notice a power difference.

I cleaned it. Would be riding this weekend but going to Pocono for Indy cars and the person I'm going with just had shoulder surgery and he can't ride. 

Got it back from Motohio today. Brembo recall, firmware/software upgrade, and turned off that motherfucking service light. Tonight I put on the new GPS mount. @cmh_sprint, I’m ready. Where are we going and when? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

Got it back from Motohio today. Brembo recall, firmware/software upgrade, and turned off that motherfucking service light. Tonight I put on the new GPS mount. @cmh_sprint, I’m ready. Where are we going and when? 

you boys riding two up to Florida to get his new bike?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Casper said:

Sounds like you are enjoying that new Ducati, LOL.

Clear silicone overflow canister hose since the level window is opaque.might as well paint it black now.

image.png.916bd7bd682b023be5309213e59de6a7.png

On 8/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, durk said:

Took 1 last big ride before it’s back to teaching. Put down 579 miles today in about 11hrs. Reality starts Monday. 

oF6lJE7.jpg

Dude, you really put in the miles on that thing.  How many since you bought it?

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Dude, you really put in the miles on that thing.  How many since you bought it?

I think around 21000. It’s got 45500 miles total. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Changed oil and getting ready to do clutch fluid in preparation for Monday's track day.

20180818_175305.jpg

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Upvote 2

Took a picture of it today since the sun was finally shining.

Wednesday I put the new Galespeed wheels on with new Michelin Power RS tires.  They look great but I haven't ridden on them enough to be able to give a ride report.  Leaving in the morning for Murphy, NC so I'll have lots of opportunities to try them out.

Front wheel weighs 8.8 lbs

Rear wheel weighs 12.0 lbs

Cush adapter weighs 1.2 lbs vs 4.5 lbs for the cush parts from the stock wheel.

I haven't had time to dismount the old tires to get wheel weights for comparison.

2018-08-18 16.16.28.jpg

30 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

Took a picture of it today since the sun was finally shining.

Wednesday I put the new Galespeed wheels on with new Michelin Power RS tires.  They look great but I haven't ridden on them enough to be able to give a ride report.  Leaving in the morning for Murphy, NC so I'll have lots of opportunities to try them out.

Front wheel weighs 8.8 lbs

Rear wheel weighs 12.0 lbs

Cush adapter weighs 1.2 lbs vs 4.5 lbs for the cush parts from the stock wheel.

I haven't had time to dismount the old tires to get wheel weights for comparison.

2018-08-18 16.16.28.jpg

That’s a good looking Bandit!

3 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Changed oil and getting ready to do clutch fluid in preparation for Monday's track day.

20180818_175305.jpg

Your Dog Looks constipated. To much cheese. What's His/Her name.

8 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Your Dog Looks constipated. To much cheese. What's His/Her name.

Haha.  Marvin does love cheese!

10 hours ago, Howabusa said:

That’s a good looking Bandit!

Thanks, howabusa.  You won't find another like it!  I've had it since new, never let any shop touch it, and I've never stopped modifying it.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

No problems today. Had a great ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

Had a great short morning ADV ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

No problems today. Had a great ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

Justin and I, well  mostly Justin, got the FJR about 80% reassembled Saturday night. Flushed the coolant while the fairings were off. Should be back all the way together this week.

17 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Had a great short morning ADV ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

Who the hell is a SME and why have they blocked your content on copyright ground?

2 hours ago, max power said:

Who the hell is a SME and why have they blocked your content on copyright ground?

Sony music entertainment. He used a copy righted song and now it's blocked