What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JustinNck1 and I took my Kaws out for a little stampede through it the hollar. He now knows my pain when I tell him my Connie is a hot runner :lol: Maybe he feels guilty about his hangry moment in the Utah desert now. :D I also now have a second option on whether my Z has been tuned or not and the consensus says yes. Kinda cool to let someone you trust ride your machines and hear their thoughts and opinions on your set ups. For example I couldn't imagine a bike better set up or more comforatable than my connie. But Justin said the exact opposite. Said he could ride my Z across country before he could the C14. But that's why we all all have different set ups, body styles and riding preferences. We all might what to remember that when people start pissing matches about what the best farkles or up grades for different bikes and styles are.

Didn't think I would get back on the bike so soon after my surgery but I was feeling really good today and the 123 mile jaunt we did (while a little painful)might have been just what the doc needed to order.

• Upvote 2

Had a great ride down to the river to see Moth Man. My first time was in 2011 when we moved here to Ohio. Man, People are getting weirder or I am just a old fart. Some of the costumes and outfit are wild. 691S out of Nelsonville connected to 356 at the 56 intersection and a new one for me was 143S all the way to 7 at the river. 143 has new clean asphalt and flows fast. 81deg warm at the festival was to much so made a walk thru and road curves home. 210 miles for the day.
[IMG]Load out
[IMG]Moth man 2018

Mid-Week ADV Ride 9am-2pm 180miles. :)

ADV Route: Bremen - Corning - Chesterhill - Stockport - Musky Bucket - Blue Rock - Corning - Bremen

Made it home before the high temps hit. It was good to be back on the V-Strom in the gravel and dirt.

44738267882_3376d54c07.jpgRide#6 by

44738267942_3376d54c07.jpgRide#5 by

44738268212_a922a8e90a.jpgRide#3 by

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

I put it safely in the back of my garage so the garage door guy can change the spring today.  I would be riding it if I could get the &^%&$(# door open!

Just dump the clutch and bust through it like the Kool-Aid man! Oh yeah!

6 hours ago, max power said:

Just dump the clutch and bust through it like the Kool-Aid man! Oh yeah!

Wifey says the door is good now.  New spring and cables.  Apparently the garage door guy commented on my bike.  Her text after: "You would have enjoyed the 5 minute motorcycle discussion more than I did."

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Casper said:

Got the top box in the mail yesterday. Installed it last night. Now I’m full on old man bike. 

Hey, and just in time! I messed up my back today... get this... by sitting in my chair! Years of treating my body like shit are catching up to me. My son just had to help me walk over to the couch. Awesome. 

Didn't do anyting to the bike today. But I did something for the bike today. 

Got my HF trailer that have had for like 2 years (only has 1mile on it)ready to haul the nekid bike(s). Sill need to ad a lip to the edge with some 2x2s and add 2 eyelets for tie points

Wanting to make a weekend trip to the gap somtime in October. And NO I'm not taking it to the track, so don't ask.

20180920_184624.thumb.jpg.c7a8baf1588fb3dcc3f5ecb18d98ad52.jpg

20180920_203839.thumb.jpg.23ca8f943e22e8486daa68f7ef253957.jpg

20180920_203853.thumb.jpg.3d2afc624452e443db66a3d44d18eb65.jpg

• Upvote 2

Didn't exercise the recall on those trailer tires yet, eh?  

My replacements came on new rims with a red  and a blue pinstripe on the rim. Sales gal said it was how they tell the difference - easily.

If you're adding the eyelets for the rear wheel, consider using the folding D-rings. I used the 1/2" variety because the 1/8 inchers are rated for 200 lb, and I couldn't find any 1/4 versions.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:23 PM, Shoop said:

Didn't exercise the recall on those trailer tires yet, eh?  

My replacements came on new rims with a red  and a blue pinstripe on the rim. Sales gal said it was how they tell the difference - easily.

If you're adding the eyelets for the rear wheel, consider using the folding D-rings. I used the 1/2" variety because the 1/8 inchers are rated for 200 lb, and I couldn't find any 1/4 versions.

Mine arent on the recall. Mine came with the "Journey" tires on it. Far as I know they're not part of it 

20180921_155917.thumb.jpg.3786d606ecd1901bf51daa742458c710.jpg

I just bought some half inch eyes at Lowe's they should be plenty heavy enough they were like 3 bucks a piece.

20180921_155718.thumb.jpg.031f79d4a58a2db938a80a9a54a6e921.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

On 9/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, Casper said:

Hey, and just in time! I messed up my back today... get this... by sitting in my chair! Years of treating my body like shit are catching up to me. My son just had to help me walk over to the couch. Awesome. 

Wait till you get old! LOL

21 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Installed a pair of the Auxbeam LED headlight bulbs that all the cool sport touring guys are running.  Changed my tinted windshield back to the clear stock one for the cooler weather.

Love my AUXbeams and you can't beat the price. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

LED is the way to go now. I don't even want to think of how much money I've sunk into HID bulbs and ballasts and wiring harnesses over the years.

Are they just plug and play? I have an HID kit on my bike but I think it's kind of jankey because it throws the beam all over 

2 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Are they just plug and play? I have an HID kit on my bike but I think it's kind of jankey because it throws the beam all over 

So long as you buy the correct ones. Only thing to warn you about is the additional space it needs right behind the bulb itself. They usually have cooling fins and a little fan there (mine do, these may not) so you may be able to get your headlight boot (whatever you want to call it) around it or not. But yes, should plug right into your old headlight connector.

image.png.c8543f17f0970cc965794c9bfe285a44.png