What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Rode it 360+ miles at a sane-ish pace. Took 76W to Lodi and picked up 83/78/377/550/26/260/800 and 77N to the house. Left the house with a full tank and didn't see my low fuel warning until Barnesville. I did stop in McConnelsville for water and a Snickers. Saw 92 degrees on the dash at one point. Was a warm one but glad to be back in the game. 

Time for Skyway and ice cream. 

We came back up 800 about 2 hours ago.

Rode with @Rick today met in Salem headed down 45/164 sketchy detour around the bridge in Bergholz took this to 9 took 9/148/145/26 to Arby's for lunch in Marrietta. Headed out of Marietta on 821/145/260/78/379/147 into barnesville. 800/799/250/646/151/332/9 back to Salem.  It was a hot one today, so much for it being cloudy as they called for on the weather

Edited by Muckles
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Rode it 360+ miles at a sane-ish pace. Took 76W to Lodi and picked up 83/78/377/550/26/260/800 and 77N to the house. Left the house with a full tank and didn't see my low fuel warning until Barnesville. I did stop in McConnelsville for water and a Snickers. Saw 92 degrees on the dash at one point. Was a warm one but glad to be back in the game. 

Time for Skyway and ice cream. 

Your accident actually shook me a little. I can’t imagine how much the accident has affected you. Glad to hear you got back out there.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

Your accident actually shook me a little. I can’t imagine how much the accident has affected you. Glad to hear you got back out there.

Amanda called me while I was stopped in B-ville for fuel. A crash happened in the front of the house today involving a motorcycle and a car. She knew it wasn't me but it was enough to trigger a bit of PTSD emotion. She called so she could hear my voice and know I was ok. I am glad I was able to answer the phone. She is a little more emotional than I am at this point, but I worked through some mental hurdles myself. I feel better having put in a solid day of riding. I have been putting off getting on the bike for fear of no longer being able to enjoy myself behind the bars. I put that to bed today and know I can fully put April's crash behind me. I don't know how much time Amanda will need before she is ready to climb back onto the bike, but she's determined to do just that. One day at a time is how we've been getting along up to this point. It will be at least the rest of this season and maybe next before she gives me the green light to start looking for another bike. I'm in no hurry. She can take all the time she needs. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Muckles said:

Rode with @Rick today met in Salem headed down 45/164 sketchy detour around the bridge in Bergholz took this to 9 took 9/148/145/26 to Arby's for lunch in Marrietta. Headed out of Marietta on 821/145/260/78/379/147 into barnesville. 800/799/250/646/151/332/9 back to Salem.  It was a hot one today, so much for it being cloudy as they called for on the weather

I saw you and Rick at 26/7 this afternoon. I was heading north when you two were stopped at the light near 7th Street. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I saw you and Rick at 26/7 this afternoon. I was heading north when you two were stopped at the light near 7th Street. 

Though I don't think we have met yet, I knew the bike looked familiar. The weather was great for a ride, today. Maybe a tad on the toasty side.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Though I don't think we have met yet, I knew the bike looked familiar. The weather was great for a ride, today. Maybe a tad on the toasty side.

It was a hot one for sure. I ordered new gear but it hasn't arrived yet. I was sporting my BMW Enduroguard pants which are allegedly sewn from whale foreskin and do not breathe at all. I had to wear an old Icon Contra jacket to fit over my new TechAir vest... I was sweating my ass off all day. Still was a great day for a long ride. The GSA blocks so much air that I was overheating at speed. I spent a lot of time standing in the breeze through corners. So hard to hate such a fine bike, but I was close today. Lol

9 hours ago, Pauly said:

It was a hot one for sure. I ordered new gear but it hasn't arrived yet. I was sporting my BMW Enduroguard pants which are allegedly sewn from whale foreskin and do not breathe at all. I had to wear an old Icon Contra jacket to fit over my new TechAir vest... I was sweating my ass off all day. Still was a great day for a long ride. The GSA blocks so much air that I was overheating at speed. I spent a lot of time standing in the breeze through corners. So hard to hate such a fine bike, but I was close today. Lol

I'm still in the act of aquiring gear, an airbag vest is on the list here in the near future. I bought a mesh jacket last year and it's a god send when paired with super wicking athletic fabric. What the research I've seen is that good mesh has the same abrasion resistance as other textiles. Though I'm always trying to learn more about gear.

I put a wind screen on my MT 09 in the off season to provide a little protection on the freeway, but I think the only thing it is really doing is directing more bugs to get splattered on my visor, lol.

• Beer 1

Wife and I did a nice Sunday ride: Hocking-Chesterhill and return. Had Brunch at the 555Diner. It's great to see a small restaurant was able to survived the Wuhan/Fauci restrictions and stay open.
Great curvy roads, very light traffic and made it home just as it was getting hot.
Great food and service. Love that place.
https://www.triplenickeldiner.com/

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

Wife and I did a nice Sunday ride: Hocking-Chesterhill and return. Had Brunch at the 555Diner. It's great to see a small restaurant was able to survived the Wuhan/Fauci restrictions and stay open.
Great curvy roads, very light traffic and made it home just as it was getting hot.
Great food and service. Love that place.
https://www.triplenickeldiner.com/

I'm going to have to make a point of going there one of these days! I'm spending a week July 17 - 24 right outside Logan, Ohio on a family vacation. I plan on riding most days in down there. It a good launch point for rides. If anyone wants to plan to meet up one of those days let me know and we'll put together a ride.

2 hours ago, Muckles said:

I'm still in the act of aquiring gear, an airbag vest is on the list here in the near future. I bought a mesh jacket last year and it's a god send when paired with super wicking athletic fabric. What the research I've seen is that good mesh has the same abrasion resistance as other textiles. Though I'm always trying to learn more about gear.

I bought new Alpinestars Wake Air jacket and pants from @RidersDiscount. That should do well for the summer and I feel confident the TechAir vest will adequately provide an extra layer of safety in case of a get off or random idiot behind the wheel. 

I like the vest a lot. Its unobtrusive and simple to use. Plus, I dont have to use it with any specific jackets. It's a stand alone product that can be used inside any jacket that has room for the airbag to deploy. It's no more expensive than a quality helmet. Retail is $700 and after my $26k helicopter ride in April...that's a bargain. Besides, I just up'd the insurance rider that covers my safety gear to replace it if the unfortunate occurs. 

Everyone riding on the street should consider it. It's a cool piece of kit. 

• Beer 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

I bought new Alpinestars Wake Air jacket and pants from @RidersDiscount. That should do well for the summer and I feel confident the TechAir vest will adequately provide an extra layer of safety in case of a get off or random idiot behind the wheel. 

I like the vest a lot. Its unobtrusive and simple to use. Plus, I dont have to use it with any specific jackets. It's a stand alone product that can be used inside any jacket that has room for the airbag to deploy. It's no more expensive than a quality helmet. Retail is $700 and after my $26k helicopter ride in April...that's a bargain. Besides, I just up'd the insurance rider that covers my safety gear to replace it if the unfortunate occurs. 

Everyone riding on the street should consider it. It's a cool piece of kit. 

Even some track guys use it instead of the tech air race. Because the a*'s are having production issues with getting enough tech air race's produced due to microchips (or so I've heard). STG offered to do a swap with my tech air race (ordered in December) to the tech air 5.

But considering I spent $1600+ on a suit I want my LED's to work and have my 2 deployments.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Muckles said:

I'm going to have to make a point of going there one of these days! I'm spending a week July 17 - 24 right outside Logan, Ohio on a family vacation. I plan on riding most days in down there. It a good launch point for rides. If anyone wants to plan to meet up one of those days let me know and we'll put together a ride.

Give me a shout when you get ready to come down. I would be happy to show you some routes in the area that are nice especially during the weekdays.

33 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Give me a shout when you get ready to come down. I would be happy to show you some routes in the area that are nice especially during the weekdays.

Great, I'll make sure to send you a message right before I head down for the week. 

46 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Even some track guys use it instead of the tech air race. Because the a*'s are having production issues with getting enough tech air race's produced due to microchips (or so I've heard). STG offered to do a swap with my tech air race (ordered in December) to the tech air 5.

But considering I spent $1600+ on a suit I want my LED's to work and have my 2 deployments.

I installed a new update on mine this weekend. I believe I can now choose between street and race algorithms. I will double check later. 

44 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I installed a new update on mine this weekend. I believe I can now choose between street and race algorithms. I will double check later. 

Yea you should be able to. Idk if you have to flash it if you want to switch back and forth or not. I'd only have it set to one setting in my use-case anyway.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Got back yesterday from an 11 day motorcycle trip to Canyon Lake TX.  Lots of rain in Texas.  Made it to Luckenbach too.  Retirement life is good 👍

BED793A7-D6A1-4D58-B410-E26F61A670E0.jpeg

955FE788-B3A0-4E2E-A79E-759C244D8A16.jpeg

Edited by Wahoo
  • Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

So this happened last night as I climbed the face of 1 of my doubles on my track. Thankfully I cleared the double and stopped before running into the electric fence. 

AXmxzol.jpg

Anybody interested in a slightly used Kfx450r? It’s never been raced. Just ridden primarily by a 44yr old on my own property.

• Upvote 1