What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, durk said:

I’m liking your setup (windscreen, seat, touring pegs). 

Took a few renditions to get to this point but haven't changed it in about 4 years now. I seldom use the tour pegs but they are nice for that rare occation.

1 hour ago, mello dude said:

Damn dude, more power to you....:fing02:.

I don't know if I could do the same so soon.... 

Well, I haven't thumbed the starter yet. It's taken some time to get reacquainted with driving the car in traffic without getting jittery. I might be moving too fast but I won't know until the day comes. I am just pushing my comfort level slightly. It won't break my heart to park it for the season and just work on my golf game. I do know that I have to suit up and climb on sometime. I'd like to see some miles this year just to prove to myself that I am still inside this skin suit. The crash was rougher on my psyche than my body and I have some demons to evict. Better get cracking. 

Swapped my extra duty Shorai LIFe battery for the underspeced  WPS LiIon one. There's an inch less room. I tried reusing the terminal nuts and Again spent a while trying to get the standard 6mm bolts through the Shorai 5mm holes.I feel like i just drilled a previous battery out. Found their 5mm bolts in the box from almost a year ago

Edited by motocat12
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, Pauly said:

Well, I haven't thumbed the starter yet. It's taken some time to get reacquainted with driving the car in traffic without getting jittery. I might be moving too fast but I won't know until the day comes. I am just pushing my comfort level slightly. It won't break my heart to park it for the season and just work on my golf game. I do know that I have to suit up and climb on sometime. I'd like to see some miles this year just to prove to myself that I am still inside this skin suit. The crash was rougher on my psyche than my body and I have some demons to evict. Better get cracking. 

Motorcycling is in your blood, it's part of who you are...get out there and take a stroll bud, you don't have to drag your knee through the corners of the back roads or anything but get some of that wind and clear your mind it will definitely be good for you in the long run.

• Beer 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, Pauly said:

Well, I haven't thumbed the starter yet. It's taken some time to get reacquainted with driving the car in traffic without getting jittery.

You could have a memory implanted of the same event where there was no accident, and you were a secret agent on mars. 

image.jpeg.ba807c993f1ebe2dec67079b47a6b942.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Ordered a fancy new sprocket from Europe for the Galespeed wheel on my Bandit.  It'll take them 3 weeks to make it and shipping is estimated at 35 days so maybe I'll get it by 4th of July?image.png.cbcc87e60585c63b651b20d0bc82f8ff.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MSerfozo said:

Ordered a fancy new sprocket from Europe for the Galespeed wheel on my Bandit.  It'll take them 3 weeks to make it and shipping is estimated at 35 days so maybe I'll get it by 4th of July?

Add 5 to 10 days for customs.

Edited by Tonik

10 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Ordered a fancy new sprocket from Europe for the Galespeed wheel on my Bandit.  It'll take them 3 weeks to make it and shipping is estimated at 35 days so maybe I'll get it by 4th of July?

Will you be up and running for DURK's ride on May 15th. I hope so. Would be nice to ride with you again.

20 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Can you just replace the standard? outer next time with it?

12 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Will you be up and running for DURK's ride on May 15th. I hope so. Would be nice to ride with you again.

I was excited when I saw durk post a ride because I hoped I could ride with you again, but I'll be out of town that weekend.  I hope we can get together for a few rides later in the season.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Can you just replace the standard? outer next time with it?

No, the outer ring is hard steel and permanently riveted to the anodized aluminum hub.  For what you get, the prices aren't too outrageous IMO.

For normal wheels, you can buy Supersprox from allballsracing in the US.  I had to order directly from Supersprox Europe because of my Galespeed wheels.

This morning on the way to work I crashed.  I'm OK and the bike is just a little rashed.  It's still rideable and I got out of there before I had any "police attention".

I was exiting I71-N to make a left at Polaris.  The light was green and I was in the rightmost of the two left turn lanes.  Right at my turn-in point I must have hit something slippery because the front just let go and the bike went down on the left side so fast that I couldn't even process what happened.  Everything went to slow motion and I remember feeling the bar end grinding on the street while I was still holding both grips.  Then I watched the bike slide away from me and I tried to stand up but realized I was still sliding.  After I stopped I went to the bike and shut off the key.  I picked it up and looked for fluids on the ground.  All clear so I started it up and checked again for fluids, then rode the rest of the way to work.

According to the GoPro, I was going 25mph when the front end went out - plenty slow enough for the radius of that curve and I've done it hundreds of times.  There was too much traffic to go out and check for an oily patch.  From the crash to my riding away, was 1:40 and in that time nobody stopped of even yelled out their windows to ask if I needed any help - but I guess me lifting the bike back up and starting it up may have caused them not to worry.  I would have at least slowed down and asked...

The only non-cosmetic problem I had is a broken shifter tip and I fixed it by drilling and tapping the end for a bolt and a jam nut - one of the perks of working in an assembly shop.

The guys at work scrutinized my video more closely than the Zapruder film and they thought this pic was humorous, and since I'm not hurt, I guess I have to agree.

image.thumb.png.0580a86845e9e8c29d89ac73323552e0.png

• Beer 3

16 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Glad you are OK and the bike is serviceable. Great photo by the way.😉

15 hours ago, durk said:

Glad you’re okay and able to ride away. 

15 hours ago, Pauly said:

Totes jelly of your pic. Glad you're vertical! 

Thanks guys.  Surprisingly, I feel less sore today than I did last night.  I figured I'd be miserable for several days.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, durk said:

These arrived today. 
67NLgTD.jpg
This Concours has me spending more money than I ever thought to on the CBR. 

It will also change your perception of distance.   Riding all day to go to far off places is no big deal.

• Upvote 2

The BMW and the Goldwing have been game changers. I can get almost 350 miles to a tank on the GS and not have to stop. My last work trip was 77S/800/148/145/556 and cross into WV at New Martinsville. Then I took 18/180/random roads/33 and stopped for fuel and lunch in Weston. That was my first stop. Then I took 33 across both mountain passes and snagged I-64 into Richmond. My second fuel stop was 5 mins from my hotel. 

• Upvote 1

Swapping in the Clearwater lights, new LED tail/brakelight and the CANopener. That device allows me to integrate the lights into my bike's system and control the fogs via the Wunderwheel. I can control their lumen output, make them flash with my horn or hazards and I believe have them serve me a dry martini. Still reading the manual... 

20210513_114258.jpg

20210513_114315.jpg

16209223210546053244117496044097.jpg

16209223471111796063061651980440.jpg

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

The BMW and the Goldwing have been game changers. I can get almost 350 miles to a tank on the GS and not have to stop.

The Concours is not going that far for me. If you start rolling the throttle back much at all she sucks fuel. I think I’m averaging around 33-35mpg. The CBR has a smaller tank but actually gets better gas mileage. I would say the Concours can go farther but I’d be reluctant to push it. I’m guessing around 150 miles at normal twisties pace and I’m going to be wanting fuel.