What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode to work today. Left the house at 10am and took 77S to 800/148/145/556 and over the river to New Martinsville. I picked up 180/18/74/47/129 into Weston for lunch. Somewhere along 74 my right pannier kissed the asphalt and I believe that deserves a celebratory glass of whiskey. Guess it can wait until I get home. After lunch I just took 33 into Elkins and stayed on 250 from there all the way to Stanton, VA. Nothing but 81/64 from there to Richmond, but it was a nice wind down stretch of freeway to allow all of my muscles to atrophy and ache. I am grateful for the ability to stand and ride on this bike. It was just about 500 miles from my house to the hotel and I stopped twice. Once for lunch and fuel in Weston and once in Whereversburg, VA for hydration. 

bmwwv.jpg

bmwva.jpg

bmwscuffbag.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

I rebuilt my seat/helmet lock.  Mine puked the lock cylinder out last fall when the casting cracked.  I got hold of a newer one from a guy on another forum and had to completely disassemble it.  Of the 4 tumblers this lock uses, I found 1 that was correct for my key so I pulled the other 3 and tossed them.  Now I have a lock that works with my key (and probably thousands of other keys as well), but at least I have a seemingly secure place to hang my helmet when I'm going into a store or restaurant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

I rebuilt my seat/helmet lock.  Mine puked the lock cylinder out last fall when the casting cracked.  I got hold of a newer one from a guy on another forum and had to completely disassemble it.  Of the 4 tumblers this lock uses, I found 1 that was correct for my key so I pulled the other 3 and tossed them.  Now I have a lock that works with my key (and probably thousands of other keys as well), but at least I have a seemingly secure place to hang my helmet when I'm going into a store or restaurant.

this is the way. i've had a few locks "fixed" like this

Installing ADV Parts from T-Rex Racing on my wife's Monkey.

Skid Plate, Eng./Body Guards, Rear Rack, Center Stand. Bark Busters Hand guards will wait for the heated grips.

Monkey ADV Parts.JPG

Monkey ADV.JPG

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

I put a new battery in the FJR and took my first ride of the year. A little less than 800 miles and she will have 100,000 miles on her. Enjoying my Terry’s custom seat.

8C7AF5AF-DF28-4A07-A9AF-5B3CAD742D33.jpeg

Edited by Howabusa
  • Beer 3
  • Upvote 1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, Pauly said:

Rode to work today. Left the house at 10am and took 77S to 800/148/145/556 and over the river to New Martinsville. I picked up 180/18/74/47/129 into Weston for lunch. Somewhere along 74 my right pannier kissed the asphalt and I believe that deserves a celebratory glass of whiskey. Guess it can wait until I get home. After lunch I just took 33 into Elkins and stayed on 250 from there all the way to Stanton, VA. Nothing but 81/64 from there to Richmond, but it was a nice wind down stretch of freeway to allow all of my muscles to atrophy and ache. I am grateful for the ability to stand and ride on this bike. It was just about 500 miles from my house to the hotel and I stopped twice. Once for lunch and fuel in Weston and once in Whereversburg, VA for hydration. 

bmwwv.jpg

bmwva.jpg

bmwscuffbag.jpg

That sounds like a great commute to work! 

• Upvote 1

Oil change for the Honda. Field tested the Harbor Freight 1000lb lift with satisfactory results. This is an older model which seems to have been built a little more sturdy than the new model? I read that on the internet and now so have you. Has to be true. This is the heaviest bike I have ever lifted with it. 

Detailed it and stared at the fancy front end for a bit. Too bad those orange reflectors shit all over it. 

Also farkled the BMW with a new oil fill plug. Cut another tool from my travel kit and looks better than the factory plastic plug. 

20210329_114507.jpg

20210329_145219.jpg

• Upvote 3

Monkeying around today.

1. New adjustable rear black shocks,(got my sag #😁)

2. Replaced F & R sprockets(steel), up 2 in rear with new O=ring chain

3. Barkbusters on handlebars with heated grips.

4, Front headlight cargo rack

100_0641.JPG

100_0642.JPG

• Upvote 2

Enjoyed a great warm spring day of riding with the wife out to Sardis, OH. for lunch at Marv's Place, (Great Food) Roads: 329,555,Veto, 800,255,78.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1

Got my ohlins upgrade shoved in without removing the subframe. My dirty linkage has rubber sealed bearings the ohlins one was metal shielded. regreased both but reused the old one.

Used the new frame stand I built. 'Hightower' I get 6" of space under the rear wheel. it talks a lot of leverage to get it up I may have over done it. I did this one in an dual connected A frame since the old U based one rocked on uneven asphalt. This one is not as easy to pass under the bike. The next one might just have leveling feets.

15 hours ago, motocat12 said:

My dirty linkage has rubber sealed bearings the ohlins one was metal shielded. regreased both but reused the old one.

oh there's an oh-ring behind the metal shield.

Edited by motocat12