What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/21/2021 at 2:11 PM, Pauly said:

I ordered a few more sets of tires for the GSA. That puts me at 5 full sets after the knobblies wear down on the Dakars in a few thousand miles. I WILL be riding the spokes off that mo-fo this season. 

Fresh tires every change or are you going to be short a few rears if we get an ammo like tire shortage?

6 hours ago, Shoop said:

Got my 2016 FJR back from the dealer today where she was getting transmission recall work done. Ran great. A bit brisk. 

Yamaha added the 6th gear with the 2016 model and apparently almost all of them were recalled. It's been quite a while since @JustinNck1 sold his five speed FJR, but I'm still gonna tease him about having (had) only five gears.

If I had 6, everyone would be complaining of the pace 😂

• Beer 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, Pauly said:

Hey now! That's mean. 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:30 PM, Tonik said:

Pretty sure we all have the sport version and you have the old man version.

All Goldwings are old man's bikes.  No 20 year old rider wants to buy a Wing.  However, the Wings are faster and more nimble than most people think.  Even the last generation gl1800s.

Pauly's post on the gl1800 site about the prices for the leftover 2018 gl1800s had me thinking really hard about picking one up.  I'll get one in a few years.  Right now my daughters love the old man's version of the old man's bike.  Here is a photo of an old man with a preteen daughter on the Tail of the Dragon that chased down some sport bike riders.  What you don't see in the photo is the other 2 sport bike riders that were passed to get to this group.2051720207_Photo5.jpg.1744f6a1e6f268a636b408e1db38d524.jpg

Photo 14.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Connie14 said:

All Goldwings are old man's bikes.  No 20 year old rider wants to buy a Wing.  However, the Wings are faster and more nimble than most people think.  Even the last generation gl1800s.

Pauly's post on the gl1800 site about the prices for the leftover 2018 gl1800s had me thinking really hard about picking one up.  I'll get one in a few years.  Right now my daughters love the old man's version of the old man's bike.  Here is a photo of an old man with a preteen daughter on the Tail of the Dragon that chased down some sport bike riders.  What you don't see in the photo is the other 2 sport bike riders that were passed to get to this group.

I don't see any reason to upgrade from your current Wing. I moved on from a very different bike than what you are riding. 

Installed Racetorx Shift Support

Adjusted Rearsets

Installed RG Radiator Guard

Adjusted Clipons

Installed lap timer mount

Installed rear captive caliper bracket

New grips

Installed number plates/ rider logos

Brake lever guard

Changed the oil

Waiting on new front brake lines before I install speed bleeders and bleed the brakes.

DAEF5756-6388-44BA-A7D6-61EF8198EC3C.jpeg

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 4