What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mello dude said:

^^^^ Quite a nice man cave you got going on there.....:beer:

Thanks, just a pole building no insulation or heat but its nice to have the space in the warmer months. Little dis organized right now. But in a couple months she'll be reorganized. Hope to get 2 post lift install somtime next year.

4 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Winter sucks. Some of you won’t find it to hard to believe my few month old Indian wound up looking like this. 

23054A61-34F4-4220-9ABE-094D5BE2E25D.jpeg

What all are you doing to it?

7 hours ago, durk said:

What all are you doing to it?

Well the dash was all done in cheap looking unfinished black plastic. So I painted it same color as the body. Gonna do a touch of audio work while I’m in there. 

dash fitted tonight

74A5DD79-CF15-4A97-B676-490FB31E5F4C.jpeg

C9698E21-7403-44E8-9386-94A7593FA2F6.jpeg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

Went to ride the quad this morning on my track since the ground is frozen. I’ve been having an intermittent running issue with it. It started fine and made it a quarter lap then started spitting and sputtering, then died. Got it to fire back up, spit and sputtered for another quarter and died. I had to push it probably 500 ft back to the garage. I discovered my stator and crankshaft sensor wire were rubbing on the frame and had been nearly cut in 2. After an hour or so of splicing some wires back together she was up and running like a champ. Ground was still frozen and I got to put in some much needed time on the track. Power sports are such a great way for me to escape the craziness of the world. 

Edited by durk
  • Upvote 3

So, Pauly....waht do you think about the gloves?  Fit? Comfortable? Stitching jam any fingers or thumb? Gonna try a ride it report?

I have trouble with gloves fit big time...and waay over due for something new...

Thxz

Edited by mello dude

I plan to do a ride with them once I can catch a break with weather and work schedule. So far, they are comfortable, but snug. The fitting instructions say to go towards the smaller size of their fitment guide, as the leather will stretch as they break in. I feel zero stitching or bunching, so far. If these get better with time, then they should be excellent gloves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ksands22 said:

Took advantage of the weekend heat wave and mounted up a new Beringer Master Cylinder.

IMG_8190.JPG

The color scheme of your 1000rr is one of my favorites. 

• Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...

pulled the battery and threw it on the charger. it wouldn't go on the li-ion setting as it doesn't have a balance port. So I threw it on Pb as I have done with other batteries. it asks how many cells and voltage you want to charge to. I know batteries don't charge @12v so I chose the next 14.4. @.6a 

I come back to check on it and it says it's at 16.5 Volts. I shut the charger off and put it on the meter still 16.5V, the bottom of the case is curved out so it rocks now. a few hours later it read 13.5v . I thought there was extra room in these cases since the cells were smaller than acid. This battery has always been trouble in the cold I already used a gift card for a new one but wanted to keep it out of freezing temps.  I guess I could run it by jumper cables for a few minutes to see if it is even worth mounting. 

Actually I just remembered my other old 1of 4 bad cell lithium is hacked into my UPS. I could swap it out and see how it handles there.  A lithium powered weight UPS is pretty amusing.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my 2016 FJR back from the dealer today where she was getting transmission recall work done. Ran great. A bit brisk. 

Yamaha added the 6th gear with the 2016 model and apparently almost all of them were recalled. It's been quite a while since @JustinNck1 sold his five speed FJR, but I'm still gonna tease him about having (had) only five gears.

Edited by Shoop
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shoop said:

Got my 2016 FJR back from the dealer today where she was getting transmission recall work done. Ran great. A bit brisk. 

Yamaha added the 6th gear with the 2016 model and apparently almost all of them were recalled. It's been quite a while since @JustinNck1 sold his five speed FJR, but I'm still gonna tease him about having (had) only five gears.

Then tease him for being too young to buy an old man's bike. 

• Upvote 1