What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

31 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Nice Bike Rick! 

It is a good day to ride to work: 

20201120_104745.jpg

Thanks Mike. That’s a nice Goldwing. It’s rare for me to be able to ride to work in November. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/7/2020 at 8:05 PM, Pauly said:

450 miles today. Left the house at 6am. Got home at 6pm. The Wing needs a larger fuel tank. Gosh-darned GSA has me spoiled. 

Most of us Goldwing guys are older than you and need to stop to pee long before the gas tank is empty.   Some day you’ll understand 😁

• Beer 1

I’m liking it. The electronic adjustable windscreen is slick. Seems to help with colder weather. I took the freeway this morning to avoid Bambi on the back roads. It was interesting to mess with the  Throttlemiester bar ends the previous owner installed. 

21 hours ago, durk said:

I’m liking it. The electronic adjustable windscreen is slick. Seems to help with colder weather. I took the freeway this morning to avoid Bambi on the back roads. It was interesting to mess with the  Throttlemiester bar ends the previous owner installed. 

If your not ready to spend money dont look at mine or ride it. Just ask @Dre. Riding mine cost him a lot of dinero on farkles.

Edited by 2talltim

37 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

If your not ready to spend money dont look at mine or ride it. Just ask @Dre. Riding mine cost him a lot of dinero on farkles.

The one farkle I want to purchase is a rear trunk with a pad. My wife sat on the bike with me and her 1st words were “this is comfortable “. She seems to be open to the idea of riding with me, so I want to make her as comfortable as possible minus purchasing a Goldwing. I believe you have a Givi. Are you familiar with other trunks? I’ve looked at Kawasaki, Givi, and Shad. 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:28 PM, durk said:

The one farkle I want to purchase is a rear trunk with a pad. My wife sat on the bike with me and her 1st words were “this is comfortable “. She seems to be open to the idea of riding with me, so I want to make her as comfortable as possible minus purchasing a Goldwing. I believe you have a Givi. Are you familiar with other trunks? I’ve looked at Kawasaki, Givi, and Shad. 

I've got the Givi E55 w/ passenger pad and the older version of this backrest for my Connie: 

https://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Concours_Removable_Passenger_Backrest_p/c14-22.htm

My kids prefer the backrest to the Givi with the passenger pad.  The back rest is rounded, more comfortable, and more rigid.  They say that they can feel the Givi flexing when leaning back under hard acceleration. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Connie14 said:

I've got the Givi E55 w/ passenger pad and the older version of this backrest for my Connie: 

https://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Concours_Removable_Passenger_Backrest_p/c14-22.htm

My kids prefer the backrest to the Givi with the passenger pad.  The back rest is rounded, more comfortable, and more rigid.  They say that they can feel the Givi flexing when leaning back under hard acceleration. 

That backrest looks comfortable. The price seems great too. Can it be mounted with a trunk mounted as well? 

Edited by durk

3 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I had a Givi V46 with pad on my 04 and it was great. The E55 is a huge "Dead Hooker Box" and it may have a crosswind component on the open road.

100_1181_resized.jpg

Pad was comfortable for passenger?

On 11/24/2020 at 1:31 PM, durk said:

That backrest looks comfortable. The price seems great too. Can it be mounted with a trunk mounted as well? 

On 11/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, B-Mac said:

Yes, It's a "must have" for the wife. You can buy one and install it on other brands.

I have a Givi E55 my wife hated the back rest pad. She prefers the extra room she has without the pad. I would never mount a heavy box on the shit factory rack it will crack. I have the Givi 410 mono key mount with reinforcement arm its pretty stout.

Check out www.tourandride.com for the best prices on Givi stuff.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Black Friday preparations are complete! We'll finish loading 1st thing in the morning.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

20201126_163437.jpg

Where are you heading to?

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Bike related, it’s winter. I replaced the battery in my Sena 10s with one I bought from Amazon. 

It's amazing how well my sena has lasted. It's so old but still works exactly as it did when I bought it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...