What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, durk said:

Why? What does it help with?

Those grips are tiny and not very comfortable for long rides. I had grip puppies on the Hyper but they were too bulky for my preference. I wanted to increase the grip circumference without negatively impacting my abiltiy to operate the motorcycle. The idea popped into my head the last WV trip I did on the beemer. Those grips are too small, as well. I just got to these grips first.  The results are satisfying. The tape is Lizard Skinz and it's 2.5mm thick. The tape is very grippy, but not sticky. They were super comfortable on the trip and I never noticed them until I sat on the bike to take off. 750 miles and not thinking about them says a lot to me. It tells me that fixed my issue perfectly. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Radial swap levers came in. They are thick. I thought there would be more finger access with the cutout but it's further out. They are longer than my current levers but the adjustable adaptor thickness matches them unlike the shorty that came on the master.  Put the clutch on . It came with a brass bushing but it was bigger then the bolt. 

Don't look as good but the lever bevel is a little more comfortable

image.png.893804ee153abef3efbe91b2d03e7928.png

current levers

image.png.408cd894d1a224fc3c0221b938175e09.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, what said:

Got the R1 out one last time this season at NCM over the weekend with @jacobhawkins and another buddy. Weather ended up decent. Most fun I've had on halloween since I was a kid. Surprise cameo by @Hoblick picking up a sweet new race machine.

It's supposed to be really nice out this week.  I'll definitely be out riding 

• Upvote 1

I replaced the rear tire I installed to use up during my latest trip to the smokey Mtn.

Check out the nail I picked up during my trip and I did not loose any air. Hat's off to Mitas tire company for the E-07 tires I have been using for going on 6 years now.

100_0534.JPG

100_0536.JPG

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

I passed Jacob Hawk today on 78  near Bucket. yellow helmet / Red Duck

Had a lunch ride to Marietta (Boat House) and returned on Veto Road. Nice day for riding.

100_0537.JPG

• Upvote 2

Headed out today with the Spyder Wife NE out of Logan on back roads to New Concord for coffee then slightly NE to Cambridge that had the town main street aligned with 1800era Manikins? some type of festival going on. Headed SW to Cumberland and McConnelsville for lunch at Boondocks BBQ Grill. North on river to 669 and back to Hocking Hills. 202 Miles with move time at 5 Hrs with a total of 6 Hrs. of great weather and roads.

100_0541.JPG

100_0542.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...