What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not following any route. Just using my compass for direction and going left or right at each opportunity to make my way to a predetermined location. If the road looks good for my current bike set up, I take it, If not I go to the next turn in the direction I am heading to the next point with a final overnight spot with hotel,food,shower,drink's and a pool.

WV.VA.2020-.jpg

100_0461.JPG

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Day3 Made it home 707miles of back road scratching thru WV. land. 15.30 hrs of riding time.

Day2. Made it across the Monongahela 4000ft fog on route39 to a old favorite R219N. To 33/to32N overnight Davis,WV. Much has changed over the years. Also the colors are looking good. Two days at 460 miles. 10.23 hrs. Road time.

Day1. Just pulled in to Hawks Nest Lodge down in Ansted, WV. Route 16 did not disappoint. 212 miles at 5hr.

100_0475.JPG

Edited by B-Mac
  • Beer 3
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday during the afternoon rain I finally got around to swapping my more than worn out tires for the new ones I bought a few weeks ago.  I took the opportunity to give the wheels a good cleaning and added the 90deg valve stems.

I had a great time working on the bike yesterday because it's the 1st time in a long while that I had plenty of time to get finished and I didn't feel rushed to get done.  Kind of a "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" day.

2020-10-05 13.24.21.jpg

2020-10-05 13.24.41.jpg

2020-10-05 13.23.55.jpg

2020-10-05 13.25.10.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

3 weeks until dark at 5:30

Got 2 pairs of leds from Amart

Katana mini '10000'lm all-in-one 90deg clockable $6 returns. warm after buzzing around the neighborhood a couple laps

Yorkim '16000'lm external driver 360 adjustable. $30 returns. Really hot after a ride will verify the fan is turning tomorrow.

Beam pattern up close with one of each annoyed me in the city but was fine out in the dark looking further ahead. My mind needs to get used to seeing more elements now instead of," oh well maybe there's something there, can't see"

image.png.9cb47a3751dc9dcf528d5470edcc2c85.png

• Beer 1

Field tested my new windshield and air deflectors on a quick dash down OH-60 and back up 751 finishing with a 90mph highway trip from Urichsville to Akron and could hear my tunes through the bike's speakers with almost zero quality drop. It was there, but hardly a disappointment.

It doesn't flick as quick as the GS, but it is definitely a fast bike. I am within shouting distance of 1000 miles and so far I am impressed. Honda needs to release a blipper asap.

#HONDA... I WILL PAY WHATEVER YOU WANT. JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN. 

20201012_182703.thumb.jpg.c2317ef3f5978d91fc69335c27df5a62.jpg

20201011_184417.jpg

20201011_184411.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mello dude said:

Ok, new term...blipper?

My GS has an electronic quick shifter w/ an "auto-blipper" which automatically rev-matches when I step down on the shifter. No clutch or wrist twist required. Close throttle, press on shifter, engine revs to match vehicle speed and gear ratio, bike downshifts into gear without chassis disruption. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

My GS has an electronic quick shifter w/ an "auto-blipper" which automatically rev-matches when I step down on the shifter. No clutch or wrist twist required. Close throttle, press on shifter, engine revs to match vehicle speed and gear ratio, bike downshifts into gear without chassis disruption. 

Oh...lazy shifter.......😀

Edited by mello dude
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mello dude said:

Oh...lazy shifter.......😀

Don't knock it until you try it. It makes 500 mile days at full tilt safer and easier to ride back-to-back. If I could only get a quick shifter, I would pass. The auto-down is where it counts. 

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

Don't knock it until you try it. It makes 500 mile days at full tilt safer and easier to ride back-to-back. If I could only get a quick shifter, I would pass. The auto-down is where it counts. 

It was just a bit of a fun rib....sure, I would like to try one......

46 minutes ago, mello dude said:

It was just a bit of a fun rib....sure, I would like to try one......

I should have mentioned I knew you were ribbing, but if you haven't ridden with one.. give it a whirl. It makes hauling ass brand new again. Lol

On 10/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, motocat12 said:

3 weeks until dark at 5:30

Got 2 pairs of leds from Amart

Katana mini '10000'lm all-in-one 90deg clockable $6 returns. warm after buzzing around the neighborhood a couple laps

Yorkim '16000'lm external driver 360 adjustable. $30 returns. Really hot after a ride will verify the fan is turning tomorrow.

Now my car Hids seem dim/yella

Coffee in Buckhannon, WV. 35⁰ is cold, but it's good coffee. 750 miles this weekend, w/ 700 of them 2-lane. The bike took excellent care of us and got 40 mpg doing so. Looooove this engine.

Rode all over Appalachia and saw some beautiful country. Home with zero incidents and ready for the next long weekend. 

20201017_140302.jpg

20201017_140243.jpg

20201018_095842.jpg

20201018_091226.jpg

20201018_092048.jpg

Edited by Pauly