What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not able to take my trip to Hocking Hills yesterday. I was about an hour into my trip and I noticed one of my freshly rebuilt forks was leaking worse than it was prior to the rebuild. I turned around and headed straight for the shop that rebuilt the forks. They told me to leave the bike and they’d fix it. I took the bike home, pulled the fork myself, and took it up to them. They told me they’d have it finished by 4. Sure enough they were finished but not confident they fixed it because they found no issues upon disassembly. I reassembled and test rode today for about 100 miles around home and all seems good. The rest of my week is busy with my girls at our county fair. I hope to ride next week. I’m hoping to ride multiple days. Maybe a day or 2 during the week and hopefully Saturday. I’ll post details when I get it all figured out. 

• Upvote 2

Rick, Check out: http://www.robersretreat.com/index.html

100 Yards down the street from me. Come down have dinner with us and AM breakfast and I will give you a tour of the HOCK at weekday speeds with local knowledge snake like roads with asphalt curvature and multiple elevation changes to keep you happy. Bring your family and send them on a cave/overlook/waterfall/nature trail/tree hugging day time activity with a Ice Cream finish. Or Not.🤑

• 2 weeks later...
240Mile Lunch at Marv's Place in Sardis today. 78 to Woodsfield and south on 536, one of the Greatest Dragon like road in Ohio (IMHO) But... It has major wash out rebuilding going on with a few one lane traffic lights to deal with. down to Hannibal 7 to Sardis, 260-26 to Marietta and 550

100_0446.JPG

100_0448.JPG

ADV salute.JPG

Edited by B-Mac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Came up behind a short bus grabbing lunch today going 30 in a 40 on a 2 lane road. I wasn't disappointed when the only light on it turned yellow as the car behind the bus entered the intersection. The soccer mom behind me wasn't paying attention and locked her brakes and ended up beside me straddling the turn lane line.

12 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Came up behind a short bus grabbing lunch today going 30 in a 40 on a 2 lane road. I wasn't disappointed when the only light on it turned yellow as the car behind the bus entered the intersection. The soccer mom behind me wasn't paying attention and locked her brakes and ended up beside me straddling the turn lane line.

Glad to hear you weren’t rear ended. 

On 8/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Pauly said:

Engine guard supports. Fancy folding mirrors that I am not 100% sure are making the cut. Final drive breather relocated in higher position. 

With a little luck, I will not slide it down a mountain face only to have it crammed up my ass at the bottom. 

Looks like you got all the parts necessary for respect at the Starbucks. 🤣

So are you going to get it dirty?

I'm amazed what people spend to allow their very expensive very large motorcycles survive and off road trip. My buddy and his dad that did part of the TAT with me last year had all the goodies on their GSAs. I'm pretty sure they spent alot more for the extras than I did for my bike new and the upgrades I did. With the right rider the bikes are very capable but it is not cheap taking them off road.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Looks like you got all the parts necessary for respect at the Starbucks. 🤣

So are you going to get it dirty?

I'm amazed what people spend to allow their very expensive very large motorcycles survive and off road trip. My buddy and his dad that did part of the TAT with me last year had all the goodies on their GSAs. I'm pretty sure they spent alot more for the extras than I did for my bike new and the upgrades I did. With the right rider the bikes are very capable but it is not cheap taking them off road.

I plan to get it dirty. I have been working 70 hour weeks since forever. I am in Cali right now and will be here for a few more weeks. Our largest customer is busy as hell and I am point man for several large projects. Rumor has it I get a whole ton days off in a row next month. I may get to put some mud on it. 

..and buy a Grande, non-fat caramel upside-down macchiato for poser points. 

• Haha 1

Got these in preparation for my next tire change.  My Michelin Pilot RSs are about done in the middle.  Too much commuting miles...

I really liked these on my stock wheels, but they were hard to find for the 8.3mm aftermarket wheels.

2020-08-28 16.44.21.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

I hastened the need for tires by riding 350 mi today.  I tried to only use the sides, but Ohio roads require too much riding on the middle.  An hour plus, each way, to get to the twistys.

Guess I'll get to install the 83 degree stems sooner than I thought.

I really liked my Michelin Power RS tires but they've been replaced by the Power 5.  Anybody have any experience with these?

I can save $11 by buying online, but I'll probably just pick up a pair at Iron Pony.  It's worth it to me to be able to check the date codes.

1598826619563-243263627.jpg

Hooked the 4 pin dual hedlight harness to my 5 pin relay and test rode with 2 lights. plenty of light on the straights but the cutoff is low on the inside of sharp turns.

Used the heat shrink solder connectors on the turn signals. they were a bit of a pain both sides weren't the same size the heatshrink looked almost like it melted through so I wrapped in tape to be safe.

Wife and I made it 250 miles to Seven Springs, PA. For two days of R&R. Great day for riding. Made it to my coffee stop at the intersection of pa40 and Farmington rd. (Fuel coffee works) more. Later

• Upvote 1