What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

3 hours ago, Muckles said:

Took a little ride yesterday. This pictures is from our trip back down 164. Ran into a grumpy bagger on the way up. We had been following him and his pinnion up 164 to Kilgore. He pulled into the general store lot on the corner and we did the same because a semi jumped in front of us and we didn't want to follow that all the way up. I said hi and he just cursed under his breath and pulled out of the lot. I think that was really uncalled for. Passed him the opposite way later in the day on route 212 and rightfully gave him the bird.

20200702_150916.jpg

What mirrors & bar ends are you guys using? Need to get rid of the stock ones on my MT 07

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Not sure about your BMW, but on mine when I pull the front brake lever, the bike decides which brakes are applied based on some German algorithm that considers many factors.  A light squeeze on the front brake lever will only apply the rear brake in certain situations (you can actually feel it in the rear brake pedal).

It's actually a really good system and works seamlessly.

My R1 has a linked system like that as well. It makes a noticeable difference when both tires are on the ground.

2 hours ago, what said:

My R1 has a linked system like that as well. It makes a noticeable difference when both tires are on the ground.

2010 and up C14s have it, people bitched becaus it sucked they then refined it in 2014. Guess its better now. I have one of the unicorns. 2008 nonlinked with ABS, love it that way.

6 hours ago, Mr.Gym10 said:

What mirrors & bar ends are you guys using? Need to get rid of the stock ones on my MT 07

I'm running the Rhinomoto bar ends and CRG arrow mirrors on the 09, I asked my buddy about the 07 and I'll post up when I get the answer.

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

So, you're in the market then?

Nope. Anything I could pick won't hold a candle to the GSA. I am completely set for a few hundred thousand miles. 

..or until Jim is finished with his Goldwing. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Not sure about your BMW, but on mine when I pull the front brake lever, the bike decides which brakes are applied based on some German algorithm that considers many factors.  A light squeeze on the front brake lever will only apply the rear brake in certain situations (you can actually feel it in the rear brake pedal).

It's actually a really good system and works seamlessly.

I think mine is the same, but don't really know. I just know the entire system is the best I have ever used.

I do know that I can set mine in "Enduro Pro" mode and the brakes unlink, the rear ABS is disabled and front ABS is set to "offroad ABS", whatever the hell that is. Not that I will exert the energy to plug in the dongle to activate the "PRO" modes. Plain, old factory settings are sufficient for my riding style. 

New saddle for the Voyager. It was beyond time for an upgrade. I wanted to send the factory seat in for a custom build, but 50% of the saddle users couldn't tell me what they wanted in a saddle. At the very least, this saddle gives me more data to make the next move..if need be. At the very best, this saddle sees this FRB through 70k miles of new adventures with me at the wheel. Other than fuel range and the nuclear furnace under my balls, this bike is really awesome to ride..and far cheaper than anything able to take its place. 

This saddle is a bit higher than factory, but I think that is mostly because it doesn't squash like the OEM saddle. I could feel the seat pan 20 minutes into a ride on that one. 

20200709_182452.jpg

20200709_182443.jpg

20200709_182459.jpg

20200709_182811.jpg

Edited by Pauly

The pics in my post were weirding me out, so I readjusted the risers in an attempt to have aesthetically pleasing pinch gaps. I noticed the left riser has considerably more gap than the right. That is the difference between $400 Wunderlich risers and this $125 set. :lol:

15943353022558321342205767125758.jpg

1594335347399534498835200275892.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, Pauly said:

I used to trail brake exclusively with my rear. Then @what told me it was dumb. So I stopped. Now I just downshift to oblivion or stop being a bitch and carry too much corner speed. Now? My brake pads are mint and I buy tires every other week. 

Bruh... we need to have a talk :lol:

• Beer 1

Pauly, the Rox risers I put on my VStrom didn’t do that.  You should send that photo to Rox and see if there wasn’t a manufacturing defect of some kind, or they sent the wrong parts.

Edited by Wahoo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

Pauly, the Rox risers I put on my VStrom didn’t do that.  You should send that photo to Rox and see if there wasn’t a manufacturing defect of some kind, or they sent the wrong parts.

They're correct. When I said "considerably", I meant somewhere in the ballpark of .010".

I know. I have issues. :(

• Beer 1

On 7/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, 2talltim said:

FYI...the rear stock kawasaki brake pads on a C14 will last 82k miles :lol:

Need to make a trip to pony in mansfield tomorrow morning. They are holding a set of EBC HHs for me.

lol, there's still 4k left in those...

6 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Planning a off road excursion?

Sure sounds like he is on the right track for some off road fun. I love me some E-07 Dakars.

ROX risers, 50/50 tires, Look out! Pauly will be doing the German Sturm Truppen stand up gravel riding in no time.😀

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Planning a off road excursion?

Planning on doing more aggressive exploring. 

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Sure sounds like he is on the right track for some off road fun. I love me some E-07 Dakars.

ROX risers, 50/50 tires, Look out! Pauly will be doing the German Sturm Truppen stand up gravel riding in no time.😀

Dan recommended them to me. 

webgsajump.jpg

Edited by Pauly