What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

Nice 300 mile run to the bucket with the wife. Did not stop at the bucket, it was packed full of people.

if i knew you were heading that direction i would have warned you, saw the big ride planned in multiple online community to ride to muskie, as if all of a sudden ohio motorcyclist discovered the muskie :)

9 hours ago, durk said:

About 400 miles today. I started out at a medium pace. Then I ran into @NinjaDoc, @Skinny guy, and @Muckles . The pace increased instantly. Hope I didn’t ruin your fun gentlemen. Sorry my ride with you all was short lived. I needed to be home by 5. 

always a pleasure to ride with you.  If you ever get a half day at least during work day let me know. We can do quick loop of close by roads. and i promise i wont experiment with county roads lol . 

5 hours ago, CoDAF said:

575 miles. Left the house at 7AM. Home at 8PM. What a day! 

20200502_120724.jpg

20200502_142519.jpg

missed you pauly, but glad you guys had a blast. very nice. Good thing we didnt come down 16 lol  575 is tough miles even for a big bavarian tank, but jamie did on fz... daaayuum  

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

Let's us know when you are comfortable rolling with them, we can move you up from the slow group to medium.

hahah in all honesty this time there was no bait and switch.  i warned him and double warned him. But he was really good lvl headed rider. Will be a good addition to all the northern guys trekking down to ride seo. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

missed you pauly, but glad you guys had a blast. very nice. Good thing we didnt come down 16 lol  575 is tough miles even for a big bavarian tank, but jamie did on fz... daaayuum  

Easiest miles I have ever done. The ride quality of that giant bike is unreal. I left my house at 7, took 77S to 800 in Urichsville to the river, and was parked at the Certified in St. Marys at 9:30. It just goes without so much as a wiggle or shimmy. We were in Clay by noon, having left the Certified at 10:40. I can say we were putting the moves on 16S, but I do not think we were pushing the envelope. We had the right amount of mojo for an awesome ride. 

I checked my phone in Clay and had nothing from you guys. We decided we wanted more, so I made an impromptu route adjustment and we made our way to Webster County via some tasty mountain passes. 2 hours later, we were snapping pics in the town square. That is when I finally got your texts, but still had zero signal. Nothing I could do for you guys, so we took 15W from Webster Springs to Flatwoods, then found 5W and brought it back to 16. We finally found fuel at Barkers, in Smithville. My dash said I had 19 miles of fuel left. My last fuel stop was the Certified, in St. Marys. That 8 gallon tank is impressive. We had some food and chatted with an older Harley guy on a beautiful white FatBoy. He complimented the BMW and was fairly knowledgeable about the model. We talked about rides, roads, routes, etc. He was polite and we tried to return in kind, but once he changed the subject to Covid-19 conspiracy theories, we fired up the engines and waved goodbye. Not today, friend. Today is a mental health day and I am burning daylight. 

16N to St. Marys like a flash. Jamie took point and I got to hear the delicious snarl that MT-10 delivers. I believe that is one of the sexiest noises a motorcycle can deliver. Too bad it comes at a price of 15mpg. :lol:

It was already almost 6PM by then, so we just opted for 77N. I set my cruise and listened to Joe Satriani and Steve Vai shred some strings. 

It was an easy day for me. The BMW kept me cozy and handled the two "oops" moments where I was going faster than I thought I was. In that regard, it is a tricky machine. The environment is so much less harsh on the GS that you don't realize how quick you are moving until you come to a corner too hot and just about shit yourself. Even then, it just handles it. It is hard to explain how good that bike is, so I won't even bother. I will just say what I told Jamie when he asked me if I see it in my garage in 5 years... Yes. Unless I crash it, in which case I will drive to the BMW dealership the next day and buy a brand new one without hesitation. Maybe not the Adventure model, but certainly another 1200 GS. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, CoDAF said:

Too bad it comes at a price of 15mpg. 

Please tell me that’s an exaggeration. I get 35-40 mpg on the CBR. My truck gets better gas mileage than 15. 

14 minutes ago, durk said:

Please tell me that’s an exaggeration. I get 35-40 mpg on the CBR. My truck gets better gas mileage than 15. 

He is exaggerating a bit, I seen Jamie get 16 on a good day 😂

40 minutes ago, durk said:

It’s pretty bad. My biggest complaint of the MT honestly. Amazing bike but it’s thirsty.

34 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

He is exaggerating a bit, I seen Jamie get 16 on a good day 😂

7 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

It’s pretty bad. My biggest complaint of the MT honestly. Amazing bike but it’s thirsty.

That’s ridiculous. How much fuel can it carry? You’d have to stop every 50 miles or so with my fuel capacity. 

Just now, durk said:

That’s ridiculous. How much fuel can it carry? You’d have to stop every 50 miles or so with my fuel capacity. 

I believe he is in the low 30s, Rick. He can go 100+ on a tank, but I thin 150 might be pushing the limit. 

39 minutes ago, CoDAF said:

I believe he is in the low 30s, Rick. He can go 100+ on a tank, but I thin 150 might be pushing the limit. 

I typically try not to go much past 120. Light comes on near 130 usually. 

1 hour ago, durk said:

When I owned the MT, I was getting upper 20s lower 30s. I’d get gas every 100 miles but when I rode it to the gap I stretched it to 140.

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

hahah in all honesty this time there was no bait and switch.  i warned him and double warned him. But he was really good lvl headed rider. Will be a good addition to all the northern guys trekking down to ride seo. 

Yes, I was warned lol. I've always found its really hard to judge just by talking to people. Got to get out on the road with them to find out. It's nice to find a group of riders that have better skills, gives me a chance to learn.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Yes, I was warned lol. I've always found its really hard to judge just by talking to people. Got to get out on the road with them to find out. It's nice to find a group of riders that have better skills, gives me a chance to learn.

Nice attitide. Good for you and for us. Welcome. 

4 hours ago, CoDAF said:

Easiest miles I have ever done. The ride quality of that giant bike is unreal. I left my house at 7, took 77S to 800 in Urichsville to the river, and was parked at the Certified in St. Marys at 9:30. It just goes without so much as a wiggle or shimmy. 

I've been super impressed by BMW's adaptive suspension.  It feels comfortable, sporty, and planted all at the same time.  It soaks up the bumps  then sticks like glue in corners...other bikes are usually one or the other or a compromise.  It's confidence inspiring and the lack of getting bounced around prevents fatigue.

Jamie's MT is worse, he has a tune on it. Following him to the gap last year I could SEE the unburnt gas coming out of the pipe when he rolled on.

100 is tops on his bike.

37 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Jamie's MT is worse, he has a tune on it. Following him to the gap last year I could SEE the unburnt gas coming out of the pipe when he rolled on.

100 is tops on his bike.

Hmm, I never noticed that when I had it.

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I've been super impressed by BMW's adaptive suspension.  It feels comfortable, sporty, and planted all at the same time.  It soaks up the bumps  then sticks like glue in corners...other bikes are usually one or the other or a compromise.  It's confidence inspiring and the lack of getting bounced around prevents fatigue.

I really wanted to own one with active suspension, when ever I had rode rentals always been impressed by it. One of my biggest weakness/fear is uneven pavement or irregularities could never managed to pick speed or rhythm in there. 

29 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I really wanted to own one with active suspension, when ever I had rode rentals always been impressed by it. One of my biggest weakness/fear is uneven pavement or irregularities could never managed to pick speed or rhythm in there. 

It took me a couple rides to get used to it.  Like if there were bumps before a corner I'd expect to feel the chassis get unsettled a bit before  I leaned it in. I'd see bumps and prepare for them....but the bike stays planted over bumps and through the corner.

The learning curve is short. I notice the difference when riding the N400.

Edited by Tpoppa

The engine is amazing. The shift-assist is amazing. The suspension is amazing. The brakes are amazing. The fuel range is amazing. The ergos are amazing. 

It has nothing that isn't brilliant.. except the wheels. :lol:

30 minutes ago, CoDAF said:

250 miles on the Voyager. I believe the BMW has spoiled me. That Kaw rides like a jackhammer if the road isn't perfectly paved. 

Fucking ruined me, you dirty Krauts. 

The day you bought that virus of a motorcycle home I told you it’s going to eat up everything. I told you you were going to sell every other motorcycles :) and never look at other motorcycles. Your now a swan motorcyclist. Monogamotorcyclist :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoDAF said:

250 miles on the Voyager. I believe the BMW has spoiled me. That Kaw rides like a jackhammer if the road isn't perfectly paved. 

You need a Goldwing.

49 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You need a Goldwing.

I don't know. Watching you shell all that plastic really turned me off. The Goldwing may be a superior 2-up machine, but I will settle for 2nd best to avoid tearing into Fort Knox to change an air filter. 

Honestly, fresh tires would make a huge difference on the Whale. It is within 600 miles of 80k. I think the tires have about 8500 on them. I remember you saying they go quickly once they get this far. I already notice increased effort to dip into corners. She isn't as lightfooted as last season. 

That said, I am still perfectly content to 2-up tour on the Voyager. That bike isn't perfect, but it is pretty damn good for it's intended purpose. And it is a beautiful bike. I get more compliments on the Voyager than I have any other previous bike.

@NinjaDoc, the R1200 boxer is probably the best engine I have had in a bike. It is very similar to the 1100 oil-cooled twin the Multi had hanging from its loins. The Multi was my favorite bike, but the GS has bumped it down a peg. I love the engine in that bike. The refinement is finer than a Ducati. The build quality of the bike is unmatched. I knew the bike would be a BMW. I expected quality to be present, but I am legit blown away by its ability to haul fucking ass and not feel like it. It impresses me every time I ride it. I am unsure if I will have another BMW because of brand loyalty, or because I won't be worth a fuck without the tech kit that comes on the damn things. :lol:

2 hours ago, CoDAF said:

I can't edit my post. 

20200503_142913.jpg

• Beer 1