What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone need service done at Pony or any other dealers now might be the time. Called Pony today about some recall work for my wife's Scout and she said drop it off anytime and they will get it done right away. She said they are slow to dead for customers. You have to call them for appointments they aren't open for walk in and the store is closed but service is operating 10-5. Don't wait till this shit is over with like everyone else and decided then its time to get their spring work done.

10 hours ago, CoDAF said:

I bought a new rear tire for the GS. Now to find someone that will mount it. 

Those wheels are a pain on manual machine or to spoon on. Not much of a drop center on them. I've done a couple for a local guy. 

8 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Those wheels are a pain on manual machine or to spoon on. Not much of a drop center on them. I've done a couple for a local guy. 

Yeah. I used to have all of the tools for BMW and Victory Vision wheels. Sold them all with my NoMar. Shit happens. 

20200409_144820.jpg

On 3/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, motocat12 said:

Ordered a SH866AA voltage regulator off a newer parted zx14. I suspect it's a series model from the ID that will run a cooler stator. But without the pricing the well known SH847AA pulls.

Installed. 13.3v at Idle 14.3v up to 8000rpm. It's inside the nose fairing so I can't check it for heat.

Finished installing the FZ6N conversion kit.  None if the fasteners fit properly, parts were missing, the main stay is poorly constructed and all the tapped and thread holes are off.  It is also nearly impossible to install without cutting the wiring and relocating the connectors and flasher inside the frame (stock FZ6S they are  out front in the fairing).   I'm happy the bike is now naked, and I wanted an OEM look, but in hindsight I probably would source custom parts and use a round headlight bucket.  I may still do that. 

smaeer2.thumb.jpg.88468e8b580916ef10f457d8c04722e7.jpg

smaller.thumb.jpg.a836746e226a969b1575c76cf47d1ce5.jpg

18 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Digging the naked look but not sure about that particular headlight either... Is that headlight different than the "euro" one from the FZ1N? I have always liked that headlight on the FZ1. This one looks a little different. 

It's a knock-off kit from China, but it is a copy (visually and aesthetically but not in quality) of the European FZ6N.  I think the FZ1N does have an entirely different headlight though.

I got to ride it.  The rain didn't start until I was literally turning onto my street on the way home.  I told the Universe to go Fcuk itself a little less emphatically than usual.

IMG-2619.thumb.JPG.e8eee33d693134fe004019e453377154.JPG

• Like 1

paid the $5 for a craigslist ad. 7 emails in 12 hours.

obviously there's the spam bot thing. But one guy has emailed twice.. for a total of 3 words.(*edit* lol I have 3 emails from him from october before he went quiet)

aprilia interest

available?

also

Checking on your aprillia

Are you firm on the price or open for negotiations? Not trying to low-ball you, I promise!

Is this a millennial thing maybe that they don't know how to work to a decision/meeting?

I added a line, full price offers replied to first.

21 hours ago, motocat12 said:

obviously there's the spam bot thing. But one guy has emailed twice.. for a total of 3 words.(*edit* lol I have 3 emails from him from october before he went quiet)

aprilia interest

available?

also

Are you firm on the price or open for negotiations? Not trying to low-ball you, I promise!

Is this a millennial thing maybe that they don't know how to work to a decision/meeting?

This answers my question on if ill ever give CL another go now that they are charging. If they charge and weed out the BS spam and BOTS I'd give them a go. Hearing this, fuck them and their $5.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

This answers my question on if ill ever give CL another go now that they are charging. If they charge and weed out the BS spam and BOTS I'd give them a go. Hearing this, fuck them and their $5.

Heck I hardly even check craigslist anymore due to the huge decrease in listings. Facebook Marketplace is definitely taking a majority of that.

22 hours ago, motocat12 said:

aprilia interest

available?

also

99.9% of emails from CL are bots or scammers. Eventually they will all circle around to "do you have a VIN report?" and then try to get you to use their VIN service, or try to get you to send them more photos so they can scam other people using photos of your bike.

Insist that you speak to anyone you're talking to on the phone, or get some sort of proof they are a person before you give out any info. Selling bikes online sucks.

Edited by what

13 minutes ago, what said:

99.9% of emails from CL are bots or scammers. Eventually they will all circle around to "do you have a VIN report?" and then try to get you to use their VIN service, or try to get you to send them more photos so they can scam other people using photos of your bike.

Insist that you speak to anyone you're talking to on the phone, or get some sort of proof they are a person before you give out any info. Selling bikes online sucks.

This is true.

But...I have sold a number of bikes on CL.  PITA, yes.  But for $5 you do get in front of a good number of actual buyers.

Online options are few.  FB Marketplace pretty limited, and you are subject to Facebook rules, they cancelled the add for my Vulcan twice because it "an inappropriate item to sell on Facebook."

1 hour ago, what said:

I forgot about those. i did ask for his #. told him i was comfortable with the bike history if he wanted papers he would need to get it. If they send I link (affiliate?) I get something to report.

@Tpoppa I put vinyl wrap with a price and #. with all the head turns I normally get I think they would be better impulse buyers then the CL virtual tire kickers asking questions answered in the ad.

Getting a notary will be fun....

Edited by motocat12

Sunday, Got in a nice 120mi. ADV ride around WNF. I have never seen the back roads around WNF Monday Creek so rutted up and fucked up from the 4WD contingent. Won't be long before the powers that be take action and screw us all.

April ADV Lite Ride.JPG

2020 April ADV Lite-00-08-40-471.jpg

2020 April ADV Lite-00-08-44-638.jpg

• Like 1