What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/4/2020 at 5:01 PM, 2talltim said:

Social distance ride and picnic at the lake. Applebees curb side pick up was great. @JustinNck1 and his gal joined us too but got there after these pics.

20200404_134519.jpg

20200404_134627.jpg

20200404_134506.jpg

Screenshot_20200404-171158_Real-Time GPS Tracker 2.jpg

I learned at work once that "gal" is a racist term for black women..... You racist. 

8 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

I learned at work once that "gal" is a racist term for black women..... You racist. 

Based on that I guess the answer is "yes I am a racist" . Learned to not argue with people like that. Just agree with them. For some reason the argument empowers them more than just agreeing with them for some reason. 

17 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Based on that I guess the answer is "yes I am a racist" . Learned to not argue with people like that. Just agree with them. For some reason the argument empowers them more than just agreeing with them for some reason. 

I have used this term my entire adult life and have apparently not offended anyone that I know of. This association of the term with racism sounds made-up. Never heard this before.

12 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I have used this term my entire adult life and have apparently not offended anyone that I know of. This association of the term with racism sounds made-up. Never heard this before.

That's what I said too. I was once a supervisor in a call center and had an employee file a complaint against one of my employees for using the word. I googled it and it's a real thing supposedly lol. Check for yourself. 

Ya racists. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Here's a legal case where that word is specifically mentioned as one of the complaints (one of the top Google hits on this subject) .... I think it's one of the craziest things. But hey, people get offended sometimes. Just sharing. Say whatever you want lmao. 

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/litigation/briefs/armstrong.txt

(link NSFW due to language/slurs) 

SmartSelect_20200406-050155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

Here's a legal case where that word is specifically mentioned as one of the complaints (one of the top Google hits on this subject) .... I think it's one of the craziest things. But hey, people get offended sometimes. Just sharing. Say whatever you want lmao. 

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/litigation/briefs/armstrong.txt

(link NSFW due to language/slurs) 

SmartSelect_20200406-050155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cool story Boy.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Cool story Boy.

Okay, the only derogatory dictionary definition I have found for "gal" was in the so-called "Urban Dictionary"--which is a bullshit source of made-up words and definitions, probably coined and compiled by bored high school students. These words come and go each year. A few years ago, "ratchet" was a really big deal with teens. Many students asked me to say this word and then burst out laughing. I still don't know what it's supposed to mean. The whole thing, including the "gal" racist allegations, is beyond stupid.

7 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

A few years ago, "ratchet" was a really big deal with teens. Many students asked me to say this word and then burst out laughing. I still don't know what it's supposed to mean

RatShit

After one last ride with the aerodynamic torture device that is the FZ6 fairing, I finally removed it.  I wanted to like that fairing and tried a couple different windscreens but the only one that didn't turn my helmet into a knuckle ball was comically tall for this bike.

New parts should arrive today.  Hopefully I'm not down long and all the wires find a home without me having to cut and shorten anything.  I really like the new view from the cockpit.  

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, durk said:

I’m guessing that would be an ego check 

The guy got on the gas heading into a nice "S" curve.  I thought he was going to accelerate through it.  He checked up at the last second.  So I passed on the inside.  Kind of a dick pass, but I had room.

Edited by Tpoppa

15 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

The guy got on the gas heading into a nice "S" curve.  I thought he was going to accelerate through it.  He checked up at the last second.  So I passed on the inside.  Kind of a dick pass, but I had room.

Somewhere a CBR rider is angrily posting about the beemer that passed him on the inside.  Or, more likely he is pretending it never happened and will tell no one.