What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say, "I rode to work today for the first time in over a month." but I feel like such an underachiever compared to riding to Buenos Aires for an oil change...  😮

I've been lurking and following your trip on that other forum, Dan, and enjoying it all the way!

I rode today. Left the house around 8:45. It was super chilly this morning and plenty of salt on the roads, but I didn't have one slip or slide. Heated vest and grips were warm enough that I enjoyed pretty much the entire day. The 30 minute slab from driveway to meetup was kind of boring, but it beats sitting on an airplane for 3.5 hours. Perspective is a very stong educator. 

I love riding the BMW. I love auto-blippers. I love heated grips. I love cruise. I love riding season. I love all of this shit. Let's get this season on its way. Speed safe, all. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

New Michilin Commander 3s and new Highway Bars for the Injun today. Give it the old first of the year look over tomorrow then the Connie gets some love.

20200308_154318.jpg

20200308_150155.jpg

20200308_145349.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

15 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Are those the Rivco aero pegs?

Yes. I am happy with them, they don't drag in the corners. So far they are the only ones for our bikes that don't....as far as I am aware. They take getting used to as they spread your legs out a bit more because they mount so wide. Not as comfortable as the pegs I am used to but they are good.

You can try them on mine, just be careful as blue is far faster than red.

Edited by Tonik
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Huh

Found a foot position on the peg that wasn't too painful so I got a few sessions in after the crash/sprain. I can't walk on it or put much weight on it at all. It's actually probably going to end up being a pretty bad one. Will have to see how it feels tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Got out for about 350 miles yesterday for the first real ride on the BMW R1200R.

It is an amazing motorcycle, and perfect for a long trip.   

What year is the BMW?