What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New exhaust on the way for the R1. Found a smokin' deal on a Hindle 3/4 system plus the servo buddy and block off plates needed. Might even get a free windscreen. Yay Ebay. 

Edited by what
  • Like 1

@Danimal keep an eye on that JT chain. I put one on my 600rr and it was spitting O-rings within like 5k miles. I’ve had good luck with their sprockets that’s why I decided to give their chain a try. 

Put new race rearsets on grom last night to replace the smooshed ones from my crash a couple weeks ago. Shifting is a lot crisper and so is the brake pedal - an added bonus is extra ground clearance for cornering vs the stock pegs. A good upgrade in general. Only downside is the grom was a little upset with me for crashing it and cut my arm to ribbons over the course of the work :p 

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

Changed the rear tire after work, damn cords were starting to peak.  Then took it to a closed course in Mexico ;) and broke in the new tire proper. 

20191024_172745.thumb.jpg.4843774026137bf60da374a8386ddcd3.jpg.1df9db4fcf6a89f826cf9d35617aefdf.jpg

I see we have a similar break in procedure. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Big girl wanted more too, she was still climbing hard in 5th gear with the bags on. :lol: 

Pretty sure there’s no end to that motor. My nuts disappeared before the power did. 

14 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Pretty sure there’s no end to that motor. My nuts disappeared before the power did. 

Yeah that's kinda what happened. Looked down speedo was a tick over 150 and my sphincter  got smaller.  :waaa:

190-50 tire on right now is why the speedo is so far off.

Charging my Shorai.  Had the ignition on for 30 minutes earlier in the week to download the ecu map and the next cold day no start. Charged it up enough to start it and uploaded another map and road it around. today no start.

It has the head light cut off when not running and Lithiums are suggested to use it to warm the battery up when cold.  Generic SLA in the other bike has been fine.

4 hours ago, what said:

R1 got sent to the shop today. Got some baseline dyno pulls, and a flashed dyno pull. Exhaust and full tune happening tomorrow or Monday. Will have to see where we end up. 

Going full send 🤙🏽  The sound will be awesome 

• Beer 1

No dyno stuff until Monday or Tuesday :( Fedex can suck a fat one. 

Good baseline/flash numbers on the R1 though!

Baseline - bone stock:

20191025_151532.jpg

Flashed, no tune, still stock exhaust with cat (in red):

received_403745740302484.jpeg

Edited by what
Pitchersssss

i rode my thicc boy diavel around a bit for errands today and tested out the heated jacket liner (firstgear/warm n safe) after i got everything hooked up.

It is amazing.  why oh why didn't i have one of these for all those cold ass mornings heading down to SEO and all those cold ass nights heading back home after the ride was over?  so toasty and nice.

1 hour ago, jbot said:

why oh why didn't i have one of these for all those cold ass mornings heading down to SEO and all those cold ass nights heading back home after the ride was over?

Cuz you are a dumbass? Now get gloves that plug into your liner.

• Like 1

Dyno tune finalized on the R1 by Jake at The Dyno Shop in Powell (seriously, go here if you need any tuning or really any work done to any bike - yes, even Harleys). 184 rear wheel horse ponies (170 stock), 79.6 ft lbs of torque. 

Fueling mapped. Spark angle mapped. Throttle position mapped throughout the rev range and for each gear to give a more linear progression/feel - this fixes the "snatchy" throttle people dislike on the newer Yamahas. A couple different power modes have been applied, but in general, mode A is going to be where this bike lives. 

Took the bike for a little test ride today just to make sure throttling felt good. This bike never stops pulling... Most importantly though, I fit on this bike. The seat and tank give me all kinds of room to stretch out and tuck in, it's really pretty amazing. I can even lock my legs into the tank like 99.9% of the rest of the motorcycling world, this is a new thing for me since my legs have been too long to actually lock in on any other bike so far. Feeling comfortable on a bike is a large part of going fast on that bike. I'm looking forward to getting to the track in the spring to really get a feel for the new blue beast. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 2