What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pauly health update... today was the first day off meds since Monday. My ear only needed a lidocaine boost yesterday morning. That is some good stuff. My voice is 90% recovered and my sinuses are doing better, too. I coughed a lot of nasty out of my chest yesterday and last night...which was disgusting, but needed to happen. Ever since that episode, my voice has been steadily coming back. I am hoping to be good to roll by next weekend. I need a good ride. 

I have bought nothing for my bikes, but I did swing by the Charlotte Duc store and picked up a ball cap that says "DUCATI". Now everyone can stop assuming I am superior to them and just acknowledge it as fact. 

Tonik was talking about getting a new nut so I went ahead and got 6.  Couldn't find brass so aluminum will have to do.

Nice parts through Amazon from ProBolt.  Helicoiled and drilled for safety wire made them too cool to pass up as an impulse buy.  About $3 apiece after shipping.

Sprocket Nuts 2K.jpg

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Tonik was talking about getting a new nut so I went ahead and got 6.  Couldn't find brass so aluminum will have to do.

Nice parts through Amazon from ProBolt.  Helicoiled and drilled for safety wire made them too cool to pass up as an impulse buy.  About $3 apiece after shipping.

Sprocket Nuts 2K.jpg

ProBolt is awesome... great stuff! My bike has titanium fender bolts... 😎 lol

https://www.probolt-usa.com/

Wait you put Aluminum bolts on your drive sprocket? Dunno if I would do that...

I know they are made of 7575 T6 Tensile probable 85ksi... but still

Anybody else do that? 

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized the horn and signals on my new bike are swapped positions from the old one's controls. I thought it was just the reach being different making it more difficult.  Who would put out the same model with them changed? I haven't put the horn upgrade on yet any way so it has seen little use. 

• 2 weeks later...

544 miles today. Found some fresh pavement on part of 537, 145 is still super smooth, 800 has some fresh pavement, and 799 was freshly paved. I hope winter doesn’t screw it all up. 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:13 AM, Pauly said:

Yeah... my money is on a hole in the piston crown. Regardless, that shit sucks. Sorry, man. 

Scored piston wall... Needed a new engine. What would cause that? I keep up on the oil, Mobil 1. I'm kinda bad about air filters? Could that cause it? 

Edited by Steve Butters

I rode 150 miles on the bike in 2 and half hours this afternoon. Then I came home and rode the quad on my track for 30 minutes. Great day for powersports. I hope it’s not the last day I get to ride the bike. 

• Upvote 2

beautiful day. Prolly the last one. Lot of bikes out there today. Found a new riding buddy close to home, great rider, did about 180ish twisty miles real quick right before sunset. Even linked on sena and that made passes easy and safer, less wasted miles behind traffic, less stops and more riding time👍

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

beautiful day. Prolly the last one. Lot of bikes out there today. Found a new riding buddy close to home, great rider, did about 180ish twisty miles real quick right before sunset. Even linked on sena and that made passes easy and safer, less wasted miles behind traffic, less stops and more riding time👍

Next weekend saying it will be in the 60's. If it's not freezing ass cold and it's not in the shop getting um... beefed up a bit, I may take the R1 out.