What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

Just now, Qman said:

Did the rebuild work?  If not, check the rotor floats.  Blow them out with a pressure washer.  Sometimes debris builds up and wont let the rotor float.

Just got to work this morning, did not get a chance to test ride last night. and...YES!! it absolutely solved my problem she butter smooth again and a much better feel being all fresh. The rotor floats or buttons are all free that was the first thing I checked. They are not round on EBC rotors they are square so less likely to get clogged little better of a deign except for when they accually do get clogged. . 

• Beer 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again I have a fuel pump on it’s way out(squealing like a pig). I just contacted highflow and they are sending me a new one under warranty. I’m not sure what the heck I’m doing wrong but this will be the 4th pump in like 4yrs. I’m getting good at swapping them out.   

3 minutes ago, durk said:

Once again I have a fuel pump on it’s way out(squealing like a pig). I just contacted highflow and they are sending me a new one under warranty. I’m not sure what the heck I’m doing wrong but this will be the 4th pump in like 4yrs. I’m getting good at swapping them out.   

Damn that sucks. The one I put in the connie is still going strong. Little over a year and 10k miles. 

1 hour ago, durk said:

do you run close to empty often? 

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Damn that sucks. The one I put in the connie is still going strong. Little over a year and 10k miles. 

I maybe got 5k on it. I almost messaged you to ask you if yours was noisy. When I was messing with it today it was noisy on initial prime once the bike was warmed up. If I cycled it twice it was quiet. That was enough for me to call it done. On a positive note highflow was great to deal with. They are shipping me a new pump for the cost of shipping only-$9. I don’t have to return the old pump or anything. 

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

do you run close to empty often? 

My fuel light comes on between 130-140 miles. I often run close to those numbers. It usually takes around 3.5 gallons or so to fill it on a run like that. I don’t think I’ve ever had to 4 gallons in it. Supposedly it has a 4.8 gallon tank. Having a gallon or more left on a less than 5 gallon tank is not close to empty to me. LMK if you think different  

I should specify the pumps I have went through. 1)The original-somewhat understandable, 2) used OEM eBay- so?, 3) the current highflow-I asked the rep if there were known problems with this pump; his comment was “occasionally you get a bad egg” :dunno: 4) is in the mail-hoping for better luck. 

Bigger wind screen on the Injun today. Veteran owned company out of Colorado makes these.  Called freedom shields.  Very high quality and and they fit the stock quick mount.  1 in taller with a cuved top lip and much wider towards  the top vs stocker. Should get rid of the buffeting she said she gets righ at the top of her helmet.

Comparison.

20190823_154500.thumb.jpg.bf93976cdfdc5a78dbb3fb8542e29e47.jpg

New

20190823_173532.thumb.jpg.6de53454f1cfc57fd0badf1fa4172b5f.jpg

Old

20190823_154155.thumb.jpg.e7b5076ac5ff22da63f0ad211c0d167f.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

I rode the dick off of it today. Will run the other dick off of it tomorrow..and the last dick off of it on Sunday. 

20190823_094536.jpg

That thing must be a three peckered billy goat. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pauly said:

So many good roads today. So many more tomorrow. 

At some point please share what roads you are riding. I enjoy riding new roads to me that are good. 

Edited by durk

Just finished evicting the squealing pig from my gas tank. The initial test seems good, but since I go back to work tomorrow and the holiday weekend coming it will be awhile before I can give it a full day ride test. 

16 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Replaced the rubber on the Z1K with a more touring tire: (Bridgestone Battlax T30 EVO's) and said goodby to my trusted Pirelli Angel GT's they will be missed but need more touring for the next set.

48633150676_acf050e7a8_c.jpg100_0279 by

So you’ve got a tire changer?

Good to know. :D

Edited by max power

17 hours ago, B-Mac said:

It's a No-Mar changer with extra accessories and I am going to sell it very soon.

:lol:His cheap ass isn't buying it, he was just hoping to come and use whenever he needed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bowdog said:

:lol:His cheap ass isn't buying it, he was just hoping to come and use whenever he needed

If it doesn’t have to be bolted to the floor I’m interested. I have no freaking space left in my garage for any freestanding equipment,  much like Bowdog, the collector of motorcycles. 

Edited by max power
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, max power said:

If it doesn’t have to be bolted to the floor I’m interested. I have no freaking space left in my garage for any freestanding equipment,  much like Bowdog, the collector of motorcycles. 

Looks like he has the the hitch mount. Nomars aren't cheap. Maybe he'll cut you a bubby deal but still steep on the used side usally.

41 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Looks like he has the the hitch mount. Nomars aren't cheap. Maybe he'll cut you a bubby deal but still steep on the used side usally.

Looks like? It's attached the his god damn hitch FFS. It is the hitch mount.

• Haha 2