What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

11 hours ago, blue72beetle said:

So my brand new Grom had a bad vibration in the wheels/tires. I had read nothing good about the stock tires so rather than have them warranty it for another set of the same, I just bought some better ones and installed them. Didn't fix the problem. Many people said that the rims on the 2nd gen models have gone down in quality, that Honda has cheaped out on them. So I bought a set of 1st gen Grom wheels in gold (overseas market), and what do you know, the vibration is gone. 2nd gen wheels were junk.

Plus the gold rims look PIMP

IMG_20190724_174347-L.jpg

Yea the stock rubber is junk. You put pilot power's on it? That's what I have and it completely changed the bike for me. Realized it needs a steering damper pretty bad after I took it on track.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, blue72beetle said:

These are Pilot Pures. First I had Pirelli Angels on the SF rims, but when the gold rims came in I had the Pilot Pures put on them. Iron Pony had them in stock.

Kenda Kwick KD1's are a solid tire and only cost $75 or so for the set - for future tire purchases. It's what we race on.

Some of the castings with the Grom wheels is wonky, people seem to prefer the gen1 wheels since they were made by Enkei. Enjoy the little bike, maybe take it to a kart track sometime :) 

After all my electrical issues and constant break downs I bought a portable jumper to keep with me.... So, on my very first ride, the pos had to find new ways to break down.... Fucking battery terminal separated... Luckily I was able to press it into the battery and hold it there long enough to get it started to get it home.... Fucking pos Walmart battery... It's all I could find local last time I broke down.... Time for ANOTHER battery.... I've had as many batteries as oil changes on this thing 

20190727_061040.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

Oh... And my car is not running right now so I rode the bike... Can't catch a damn break lol.... Hopefully I just need a tune up, it's missing like a MF... Plugs will be here in a few hours (special order)... But check how nasty and fouled up this plug is.. (this is the cylinder that was missing).... Probably didn't help driving it 30 miles in 105 degree heat with a misfire, but I had to get home 

267180.jpeg

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2019 at 10:08 AM, Steve Butters said:

Oh... And my car is not running right now so I rode the bike... Can't catch a damn break lol.... Hopefully I just need a tune up, it's missing like a MF... Plugs will be here in a few hours (special order)... But check how nasty and fouled up this plug is.. (this is the cylinder that was missing).... Probably didn't help driving it 30 miles in 105 degree heat with a misfire, but I had to get home 

267180.jpeg

I'm thinking you have a/some bad valve seals. 

On 7/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, Skinny guy said:

Put full Akrapovic exaust,sprint air filter,relocated iat and installed Bren Tune Stage 2 ecu tune all I can say is WOW

On the BMW?  As if that bike needs more power!! :-)

40 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm thinking you have a/some bad valve seals. 

Yea a tune up didn't do shit.... I ordered a kit to do a compression test.... Gonna go from there... Just driving and then all the sudden it started missing when I came to slow down in traffic... Completely random... Sucks not having a running car when it's hot as fuck outside 

1 hour ago, Steve Butters said:

Yea a tune up didn't do shit.... I ordered a kit to do a compression test.... Gonna go from there... Just driving and then all the sudden it started missing when I came to slow down in traffic... Completely random... Sucks not having a running car when it's hot as fuck outside 

Ouch to happen while  driving is probably worse that valve seal. Good luck brotha. 

Yea... It's only got 82k miles on it and I bought it with 32k and always run full synthetic, change oil timely, run premium gas... I'm thinking I just ran out of luck. We'll see what the compression test says. Used engine is about a grand and I have no idea how to swap it but you bet I'm going to give it a crack.... Hopefully it's not needed, but I'm not getting my hopes up... Ford doesn't sell remans for this car and a new engine is almost 6k.... Gonna buy a hoist and an alldata subscription and give it a go though

Positive note.... I've been wanting to ride the bike more... Guess now I have to lol... We're selling our current house so the car is just gonna sit until we get settled somewhere else

Edited by Steve Butters

Rode it after the worked ohlins rear install and fork oil change with racetech valves. Felt the same as before. Took the compression down from 2 of 17 turns to 1/4 turn in at both ends. Big difference.

Bought a plane ticket for a fly and drive purchase in 2 weeks in florida with all the modern electrics. Not sure if it will be a keeper to replace the current bike or just a temporary curiosity experience. haven't demoed one.

image.png.2278773fbe9cbd75e094922dd9d3f119.png 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Admired it a bit while hoping for rain. Ecu sent off for Ivan to work it over. Would feel better about timing if it put down buckets. 

The fuck man, we have the crew rolling your way Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The fuck man, we have the crew rolling your way Saturday.

Well it’ll be back together Friday. But............HS football scrimmage Saturday. It’s Juniors senior year! I’ll have to join the hate parade another day.