What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Can't wait to hear how that leather on the grips works in the rain.

Being leather I figure it's going to be one of those replace every year or two things. And she had black leather wraps on the vstar and loved them, even in the wet. 

Edited by 2talltim

Just now, 2talltim said:

Being leather I figure it's going to be one of those replace every year or two things. And she had black leather wraps on the vstar and loved them, even in the wet. 

Gotta love a woman that loves leather.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Gotta love a woman that loves leather.

The tan leather was absolute selling point on this bike for her. Almost as equal as the fact that it fits her perfectly. If it didn't have the tan leather she didn't want it. 

:spank:

Edited by 2talltim

On 7/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, blue72beetle said:

Completed a SaddleSore 1000 on my Connie last weekend. Went from Knoxville to Memphis up to St Louis back home to Fort Wayne. Did it in 16.5 hours. Didn't take any pictures, only got rained on once between Terre Haute and Indy.

How are those non "A spec" tires holding up?

2 minutes ago, durk said:

Rode close to 300 miles today with my oldest daughter. We both had a blast. 

rI9Glmi.jpg

You both do all those miles without any kind of support? Man that makes my back hurt just thinking about it. You ever look into those handles for passengers you can mount around your gas cap? Yea you cant use a tank bag but ...

49 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You both do all those miles without any kind of support? Man that makes my back hurt just thinking about it. You ever look into those handles for passengers you can mount around your gas cap? Yea you cant use a tank bag but ...

No problems with my back or hers. Knees are what bother both of us. My hips, butt, and neck get sore at times. We usually have to stop about every hour, so occasionally just take a little longer break. I’ve thought about the handles in the past, but don’t see it helping my issues. Someday I’ll get wise and buy a sport tourer. Maybe once both girls are through college and I can afford it. 

48 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

She's a beast!  When is she getting her own bike?

At one point she had interest in getting her own, but fizzled after I got her a dirt bike. Probably best she doesn’t. No matter how much I tell her not to drive like her dad and slow down she doesn’t. I know, do as I say not as I do rarely works. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, durk said:

At one point she had interest in getting her own, but fizzled after I got her a dirt bike. Probably best she doesn’t. No matter how much I tell her not to drive like her dad and slow down she doesn’t. I know, do as I say not as I do rarely works. 

Is she old enough to drive??? Sure doesn't look it!

58 minutes ago, durk said:

No problems with my back or hers. Knees are what bother both of us. My hips, butt, and neck get sore at times. We usually have to stop about every hour, so occasionally just take a little longer break. I’ve thought about the handles in the past, but don’t see it helping my issues. Someday I’ll get wise and buy a sport tourer.

Sounds like someone needs a Adventure bike!

• Upvote 3

Found out my back strain was much more serious. 2 bulging discs and one ruptured. Pain is starting to subside now but was pretty intense through all of June and most of July. Still managed to put over a thousand miles in tho. Heading out in a few.

10 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Found out my back strain was much more serious. 2 bulging discs and one ruptured. Pain is starting to subside now but was pretty intense through all of June and most of July. Still managed to put over a thousand miles in tho. Heading out in a few.

Surgery? What's next?

4 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Surgery? What's next?

Epidurals for pain and PT to strengthen my back and prevent further injury. Surgery is a last resort, we are trying to sell our house and buy a new one and I cant afford to be on temporary disability for 6 weeks at 80% of 40 hours when I work 50+ to stay comfortable. 

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

2 crushed vertebrae, 1 slipped disk, 2 bulging. Only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm on the bike. That seating position just makes it go away.

Being on the bike is definitely less pain than driving my impreza. Seating position is 100% the reason. 

4 hours ago, durk said:

No matter how much I tell her not to drive like her dad and slow down she doesn’t.

Remember the little drive she took in the new wagon?  Sport+ down the on ramp!!  Get on it!  haha  At least she has a dirt bike to learn a little how they handle so if she ever decides to get an ADV or street bike it'll come easier.  

Can't find it now, but Katie and I saw a stand up comedian tell a joke about at the minimum teaching your daughter enough about mechanical things to not be impressed by a guy with a V6 Mustang.  The fact that she rides on a CBR1000 pretty regularly should take of that!  Nice work my friend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Remember the little drive she took in the new wagon?  Sport+ down the on ramp!!  Get on it!  haha  

She often references that as one of her best memories during her JO Volleyball stays somewhere. Thanks buddy now she basically tells me my Maxima is not as impressive as the wagon. 

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

At least she has a dirt bike to learn a little how they handle so if she ever decides to get an ADV or street bike it'll come easier.  

She no longer has the bike. She wasn’t riding it much, so I sold it. 

So my brand new Grom had a bad vibration in the wheels/tires. I had read nothing good about the stock tires so rather than have them warranty it for another set of the same, I just bought some better ones and installed them. Didn't fix the problem. Many people said that the rims on the 2nd gen models have gone down in quality, that Honda has cheaped out on them. So I bought a set of 1st gen Grom wheels in gold (overseas market), and what do you know, the vibration is gone. 2nd gen wheels were junk.

Plus the gold rims look PIMP

IMG_20190724_174347-L.jpg

On 7/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, Gixxus Christ! said:

Ugh, sorry to hear.  I throw mine out weirdly every so often and it’s debilitating.

Have you tried hanging in an inversion table? Probably not going to help the rupture but may help the bulging disc‘s slide back into position. My buddy has a real nice one and whenever I screw my back up I go hang in that thing and it does wonders