What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

Well that fucking sucked.

Saturday took the wheels off to get new tires. I added a hidden receiver for a cooler rack under the rear fender so that had to come off. Sunday I put the new tires on, then put the receiver back on.

Snapped a bolt that goes into a block that is welded to the trunk brace.

Good half inch sticking out but it wouldn't budge. So I needed to heat it, but it's right up against the right saddle bag. So that had to come off. To get that off I had to pull the seat, two panels below the seat. The backrest so I could pull all three trunk panels off....then I had to unhook all the shit in the saddle bags.

Manual release cable that goes to the left bag and a manual release cable for the trunk. FM antenna, GPS antenna and a fucking Bluetooth antenna for the passenger because it's too far to the front one I guess. Heated the bolt and it came right out.

That took all of Sunday afternoon and night.

Monday I chased the threads and got the receiver back on.

From 5 PM until now to put it all back together.

That thing is a POS. I’ll give you 1500 for it 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tonik said:

Well that fucking sucked.

Saturday took the wheels off to get new tires. I added a hidden receiver for a cooler rack under the rear fender so that had to come off. Sunday I put the new tires on, then put the receiver back on.

Snapped a bolt that goes into a block that is welded to the trunk brace.

Good half inch sticking out but it wouldn't budge. So I needed to heat it, but it's right up against the right saddle bag. So that had to come off. To get that off I had to pull the seat, two panels below the seat. The backrest so I could pull all three trunk panels off....then I had to unhook all the shit in the saddle bags.

Manual release cable that goes to the left bag and a manual release cable for the trunk. FM antenna, GPS antenna and a fucking Bluetooth antenna for the passenger because it's too far to the front one I guess. Heated the bolt and it came right out.

That took all of Sunday afternoon and night.

Monday I chased the threads and got the receiver back on.

From 5 PM until now to put it all back together.

And that is why there are sportbikes!

1 minute ago, max power said:

Not sure where to put this and don’t have time to look. Any of you central  Ohio bubbys have a small motorcycle trailer I could borrow for the next week?

Want to haul my Xr650 to the beach

I would have put it in its own thread for better exposure. Helpful mod that I am, I can move it.

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Hay Mud Bone, you can use my trailer.

You got a small one I can pull behind the Subaru? My 7 x 12 is total overkill & sticks out 3 feet on each side. 

I know you have one just couldn’t remember what size

Edited by max power

14 hours ago, mello dude said:

Was only going to replace the rear tire, when suddenly I got an attack of the "while I'm at it disease"...  (dammit, I did it again!) 

20180617_231740-M.jpg

With everything still there including the handlebars and throttle I am thinking you could turn that into the fastest jack ever.

• Haha 1

More suspension upgrades on Injun. Rear springs and shock swapped from a 2017 version that were upgraded to progressive springs at the factory because the 15-16 springs were garbage.

These are the old 2016 springs.

20190711_154126.thumb.jpg.085b969886b4b8b46821e7784ff627b9.jpg

Side by side comparison.

20190711_154515.thumb.jpg.165fc556747ea9f9ff42a81e6b01a461.jpg

Newer 2017 and up springs.

20190711_155646.thumb.jpg.ae43ef7d788ca166fb0b6481bda6c707.jpg

20190711_160325.thumb.jpg.2e92aa8440edd773547214726426c24b.jpg

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, 2talltim said:

More suspension upgrades on Injun. Rear springs and shock swapped from a 2017 version that were upgraded to progressive springs at the factory because the 15-16 springs were garbage.

20190711_154515.thumb.jpg.165fc556747ea9f9ff42a81e6b01a461.jpg

Newer 2017 and up springs.

OK, but the new ones are NOT SHINY! :)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Shoop said:

OK, but the new ones are NOT SHINY! :)

You know the original choice of spring was because they "looked" better. 

I guess they found customers actually preferred something that worked.

Little taillight addition to the Injun. LED running light and flahing then solid bright brake light just below the lisense plate. For some added visibility.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1

Annnnd. We have tassels... :nono: Thought we were going to clip them off when we put the leather wraps on the grip. But...No, she likes them.

Not my bike but I had to put them on. Yes dear. Heated grips still get pretty warm through them.

20190716_205907.jpg

20190716_205850.jpg

20190716_205801.jpg

20190716_211021.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1