What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

315 miles on the Yamaha & 300 miles on the Voyager, Saturday & Sunday.

810 miles on the Voyager Monday to right meow. I just walked in the door from a service trip to Harrisburg, PA. Got a little wet last night, but hotel'd up in Somerset before the real shit hit the fan. Finished the last stretch this morning. 

I am absolutely infatuated with the Voyager. I was contemplating swapping the FZ6 for a FJR, but that is completely out the window as of this moment. What a fantastic motorcycle. I am not even slightly sore or road fatigued. I am tired from the lack of sleep that hotel hopping does to me, but none of that lies with the bike. I just can't sleep when I travel unless I self-medicate. 

The saddle could be better, but it is far from terrible. I can go a whole tank without stopping, no problem. It just could be a little firmer. I can feel the pan in my upper thighs after about 100 miles, or so. If I switch leg positions I can deal with it, but I would also like a bit of lumbar support. That will be the only major change I do to it that I can see. Suspension is what it is. I was 2-up, ripping up and down OH-800, on Sunday and it did very well. 

So, many thanks to @Tonik for the smashing deal on a mile chewing maniac of a bike. I promise to take good care of her. (I even bought a mitt and chamois to keep in the saddlebag. I washed it twice this week, already.)

20190703_094734.jpg

20190701_202912.jpg

Screenshot_20190702-205322_NOAA Weather Radar.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such great news!!! I love that bike, I’m so glad you’ve falling head over heels for it too!  Now you and Jim need  to work on Tall Tracy to take a spin on a cruiser so she can appreciate the finer things in moto long distance life 😉

😂😉😂

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Qman said:

I did something extremely stupid.  I basically lost concentration while stretching in the saddle, cruise control on, nice straight road, veered right into the grass, tried to correct, the front dug, rear came around, and i basically hi-sided and slid for a good while back out into the road.  Testament to the crash bars on the GSA... I stood her back up and rode another 4 hours.  Only major thing might be the swingarm at the axle is ground down and might need attention with the internal seals, etc....yet to be determined. Also I cant stress enough the importance of good (full) gear....I'm bruised, shoulder is kinda jacked, but otherwise unscathed.  Try tossing yourself down the asphalt at 60mph , sliding, rolling, and tumbling with what the average Ohio motorcycle rider wears.  

Crashing sucks, glad you and the bike are ok. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, Pauly said:

315 miles on the Yamaha & 300 miles on the Voyager, Saturday & Sunday.

810 miles on the Voyager Monday to right meow. I just walked in the door from a service trip to Harrisburg, PA. Got a little wet last night, but hotel'd up in Somerset before the real shit hit the fan. Finished the last stretch this morning. 

I am absolutely infatuated with the Voyager. I was contemplating swapping the FZ6 for a FJR, but that is completely out the window as of this moment. What a fantastic motorcycle. I am not even slightly sore or road fatigued. I am tired from the lack of sleep that hotel hopping does to me, but none of that lies with the bike. I just can't sleep when I travel unless I self-medicate. 

The saddle could be better, but it is far from terrible. I can go a whole tank without stopping, no problem. It just could be a little firmer. I can feel the pan in my upper thighs after about 100 miles, or so. If I switch leg positions I can deal with it, but I would also like a bit of lumbar support. That will be the only major change I do to it that I can see. Suspension is what it is. I was 2-up, ripping up and down OH-800, on Sunday and it did very well. 

So, many thanks to @Tonik for the smashing deal on a mile chewing maniac of a bike. I promise to take good care of her. (I even bought a mitt and chamois to keep in the saddlebag. I washed it twice this week, already.)

20190703_094734.jpg

20190701_202912.jpg

Screenshot_20190702-205322_NOAA Weather Radar.jpg

I can’t even imagine how good the wing is when the dude who rode this bike says the wing is 20x better than this wonderful bike. 👍

Road 16, 421, Roan Mtn, Green Mtn...road 450 miles today. Did 400 yesterday. Barely any slab. Almost zero rain. Now at Iron Horse planning my way north and talking my way out of slabbing it all the way just because I can. 

20190705_163807.jpg

20190705_205521.jpg

• Upvote 3

If it wasn't raining, it was hotter that hell. Even some of the rainy parts were hot. Balls out all day just to stay cool. That 1700 just pours heat. I may have found the cause of global warming. God damn!

430 miles. Most of today was spent on 23 & 119, but I did hit the gap, TN-66, 97 & 77 hitting Pennington Gap. However, 66 & 77 were both closed and I couldn't get to 58 like I had hoped. So, I lost 2 hours on a gamble and cooked for the next 5 hours on 23/119. Cruise was set at 80 mph and the bike rolled through the rain like a fat Fred Astaire. Rain doesn't faze it. I have never felt that comfortable rolling that quick on any of my previous bikes, with the Multistrada being a notable exception. It rolled in the wet, but I got drenched every time. The downpour I rode in today got me wet, but I was dry shortly after outrunning the storm. 

Fuck was today hot, though. 

20190706_141830.jpg

Edited by Pauly

Stopped at the pony to look at IXS jackets to match the cheap ixs pants I bough a few weeks ago.  Ended up with a 3 season textile jacket ($79), 2 sets of nice ixs rain gear ($23/ea) and a new Nolan N104 Absolute Helmet ($69) for da wife for a a touch over $200!

A0C7D3FD-5324-4732-B75B-D0C495E27CD9.jpeg

9A950DD5-5568-4E44-9D69-183DE09376A2.jpeg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, max power said:

Stopped at the pony to look at IXS jackets to match the cheap ixs pants I bough a few weeks ago.  Ended up with a 3 season textile jacket ($79), 2 sets of nice ixs rain gear ($23/ea) and a new Nolan N104 Absolute Helmet ($69) for da wife for a a touch over $200!

A0C7D3FD-5324-4732-B75B-D0C495E27CD9.jpeg

9A950DD5-5568-4E44-9D69-183DE09376A2.jpeg

Max which IXS  jacket you bought? 

On the teailer for legit reason this time. She broke. Just a battery....i hope. Wasn't going to waste money on a walmat or parts store battery so i towed her home. 

Turned the key and every thing lit up. Hit the button everything died. Few min later everything would light up again, hit the button same result. Started on a jump but as soon as jump was disconnected bike would die. While on the jump I could get voltage to increase while revving so it seems to be changing.

Wait a couple days till R.D. can get me a new battery. Battery is 5 years old and has around 55k miles on it. Hot day parked in the Sun is another good indicator that its the batyery.

20190708_202544.thumb.jpg.a09c772713c751526e080ed724171a84.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Started on a jump but as soon as jump was disconnected bike would die.

Kaw FI does this when a battery goes bad. Even running if the battery has low voltage the ECU will shut down.

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Kaw FI does this when a battery goes bad. Even running if the battery has low voltage the ECU will shut down.

Good info. Kinda puts my min at ease a little. I was really concerned when it wouldn't  stay running. 

Well that fucking sucked.

Saturday took the wheels off to get new tires. I added a hidden receiver for a cooler rack under the rear fender so that had to come off. Sunday I put the new tires on, then put the receiver back on.

Snapped a bolt that goes into a block that is welded to the trunk brace.

Good half inch sticking out but it wouldn't budge. So I needed to heat it, but it's right up against the right saddle bag. So that had to come off. To get that off I had to pull the seat, two panels below the seat. The backrest so I could pull all three trunk panels off....then I had to unhook all the shit in the saddle bags.

Manual release cable that goes to the left bag and a manual release cable for the trunk. FM antenna, GPS antenna and a fucking Bluetooth antenna for the passenger because it's too far to the front one I guess. Heated the bolt and it came right out.

That took all of Sunday afternoon and night.

Monday I chased the threads and got the receiver back on.

From 5 PM until now to put it all back together.

Edited by Tonik
  • Haha 2