What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil change and swap out coolant for water wetter. Will be changing tires tomorrow. Get to try out my new no-mar setup. 

And also sacrificing many small animals to the one and only true god Cthulhu for no more rain and warm weather for all future track days. 

• Upvote 1

Rode to lunch. Gonna make a beer run. Nothing to do today but enjoy not fixing broken shit. 

Oh, I mean now that I fixed the neighbor's mower. For the rest of today... nothing to fix but the state of my mind. 

20190531_121431.jpg

Finally got my leg over my bike after suffering all week with a lower lumbar strain with sciatica and on top of that a fucking hamstring pull in the other leg. Turned 40 Sunday and shit just went downhill from there... thinking the warranty expired..... anyway after wasting several days of PTO and missing out on hundreds of dollars of overtime I finally put in a day of work and wasn't in too much pain so took the squid missile for a scream after work. 

Killed a lot of bugs, bike will need a wash (there's a thread for that now). Highlight of the ride was being stuck behind a wagon train of 40 mph SUV's coming back up out of amish country and having an opportunity to pass them all when I crested a very tall, long hill. At the bottom was a young amish man driving a buggy. So I flick left of center, grab a gear and screw it on, barreling down the hill aimed squarely at this amish bachelor (no beard) and switch back right of center in plenty of time for the safety of all livestock and people involved and I look over and he's throwing me the thumbs up and smiling as I pass him at triple digits.

Hope he makes the right decision come rumspringa, gets a job at autozone and buys a ninja 250.

I went to change the front brake pads but when I realized they were still half the thickness of a brand new set I decided against changing them. 

58 minutes ago, durk said:

I went to change the front brake pads but when I realized they were still half the thickness of a brand new set I decided against changing them. 

Did that right before my trip out west last year. Decided to put the new ones on anyway and hung the old ones on a nail in the garage to be put back on later.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 2:02 PM, Pauly said:

Took Spock for a ride. 

20190601_115253.jpg

that's the kind of bike's that made me quit working at a motorcycle shop lol especially with flat tires I had to push them up on the lift.  I fing hate those gd things!

Edited by serpentracer

His pace through the corners was quick enough to surprise me. I led down 44/542/39 and he mentioned he would like to go a little faster. I said he could lead on the way back, but to watch his entry speed and make sure to not ride faster than his eyesight can see. He zoomed along about 60mph and I only saw his brake light a couple times as he set up for the tighter corners. His lines need work, but they weren't terrible. He never had to readjust once he nosed into the turn, but he did run a little wide on a couple. He stayed in his lane, though. 

He needs some track time. That is my next project. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

His pace through the corners was quick enough to surprise me. I led down 44/542/39 and he mentioned he would like to go a little faster. I said he could lead on the way back, but to watch his entry speed and make sure to not ride faster than his eyesight can see. He zoomed along about 60mph and I only saw his brake light a couple times as he set up for the tighter corners. His lines need work, but they weren't terrible. He never had to readjust once he nosed into the turn, but he did run a little wide on a couple. He stayed in his lane, though. 

Don't be surprised if you see that brake light stay on during/after tip in after a few track days lol. 

On 6/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, Pauly said:

We are out at Pitt racing minis this weekend. Saturday 4pm-8pm is practice, Sunday morning/day is racing. Bring him by. 

Edited by what