What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

After the rebuild, and after I put all the stuff back on, I wanted to make sure the Daytona was still good to go.  Had a great time at The Dyno Shop last night, nothing blew up that wasn't supposed to.  Going to be a great season.  110.8 whp and 46 ft/lbs.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

After the rebuild, and after I put all the stuff back on, I wanted to make sure the Daytona was still good to go.  Had a great time at The Dyno Shop last night, nothing blew up that wasn't supposed to.  Going to be a great season.  110.8 whp and 46 ft/lbs.

I need to do this to the Z. Need to find out if it has stock tune or has already been flashed. If its putting up anything over 130 at the wheel it has a flash I figure.  Also need to see where the AF is. 

8 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I need to do this to the Z. Need to find out if it has stock tune or has already been flashed. If its putting up anything over 130 at the wheel it has a flash I figure.  Also need to see where the AF is. 

$50 to do that at this place.  I thought that was real reasonable.  Guy was real thorough, went through everything.

Edited by jacobhawkins

2 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

$50 to do that at this place.  I thought that was real reasonable. 

I know independent motorsports is having a dyno day next weekend. I wanted to attend that  but there is 3 other things going on that day that want to do too. Need to decide. 

• Upvote 1

CBR dropped at Kerr's for valves and a few other basic maintenance needs.

Clutch springs replaced in the Grom.

XR kicked on with kick #5 after sitting all fall and winter. 

CBR and Grom going on the dyno soon.

44 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

9 days left until we leave for Summit, have a busy weekend ahead. 

20190412_224042.jpg

Looks like just a little bit of work to be done there. 

FINALLY got my WR450 to run properly. The problem that kept it starved for fuel for mid- to open throttle seems to have been the needle. Earlier I bought a rebuild kit and replaced everything except the needle. I thought it was better to keep the one that it came with because it had the adjustment slots at the top. The one in the kit does not have those slots. 

But because the symptoms sounded like the needle/main jet, I finally replaced the needle. Voila!  Finally! 

So, tomorrow, if it stops raining for a bit, I'll be out looking for dirt roads. 

Put down 425 miles in a little over 8hrs. Pretty good day for my first real ride this year. 800S from 22 to 26 pretty much sucks. 26S was good  all the way to 260N. 260 was in good shape heading north to 145. If you run 260S watch out for a dip just before getting to 26. Random photo on 260 or 145  

rsWRmhc.jpg

It was great to run into  @NinjaDoc

xMdLG3X.jpg

He’ll tell you he doesn’t remember how to ride, but if you get him on 164 he pretty much goes back to his old self.

NJGqo1I.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Dyno'd the CRB and the Grom.

Grom needs a new ECU to fix fueling issues and timing to run with the cam/piston/ported & decked head. 

CBR needs to be flashed to unlock the ECU, currently it's still factory restricted and peaking at 144whp with 71 ft lbs of torque. With a reflash it should gain 8-10 horsepower and 2 or 3 ft lbs of torque. Shop recommended running a thinner head gasket + tune to push close to 170whp (he has the exact same bike and dyno pulls to prove it's possible on the '08). Not sure I want to spend $500 on a flash + tune though. Maybe. We'll see. Need to get the Grom working right first and that's going to be close to that much. 

That said, someone buy my street triple. $4750 1 time ohio riders special. 😋

Edited by what

Started tinkering with the settings on my shock after a few hundred miles on it. Took 10 clicks out of the high speed damping and the ride is much less harsh. Still havent set my sag (need that 2nd person) but took some preload out as well and it's more suited for the craggy craters of massillon streets. Hoping to get a proper sag setup on it this weekend. Wondering if I should have opted for the progressive spring vs the linear one I got. Too late now. 

54 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I am a fan of setting everything at the very middle and working from there. 

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

^ Listen to him, he is an expert at setting sag.

Pauly, I will typically defer to you in matters mechanical. Would love some help setting my bike up. The suspenders on this animal are more sophisticated than I am used to. Guy at the distributor supposedly set the shock up for my weight and riding style, but as I mentioned above, must not have entered into the equation. Will do my damndest to stay sober this Saturday long enough to take a few hot laps around the hood and get her squared away if you're feeling helpful.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:02 PM, 2talltim said:

Is it getting its wrap?

Whats up with that bazooka tube dent?

I gave up on the wrap... for now. Just doing that one piece was a pain, not looking forward to doing any others.
The muffler was dented when I bought it. This past weekend I managed to:

Replaced the muffler with a non-dented one.
Replaced the fuel tank. (PO painted the old one)
Replaced the fuel filter while swapping the pump to the new tank.
Ripped out all the CA emissions stuff since the replacement tank is non-CA.
Replaced the two right fairings. (PO painted)
Installed switchbacks on the front turn signals.
Installed Auxbeam LED headlights.

Then rode to Iron Pony on Sunday with a friend (he's got a couple BMWs) and got some tags.
IMG_20190422_105132-L.jpg
IMG_20190422_160007-L.jpg