What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Bar end mirrors... Just as good as weights 

Not as heavy as weights. More expensive than weights. I already have weights. They just don't fit...yet. 

I have a couple guys looking in their inventory for a 14x1.5mm STI tap. If any of them have one I will install helicoils into the bar and repurpose the Yamaha weights I have. 

Just. Need. To. Be. Patient. 

19 hours ago, Pauly said:

Now I have to spend some time considering which bar weights are the least aesthetically unappealing. There are some shit products out there. All the nice stuff is twice what I paid for the handlebar. 

I went with the RhinoMoto bar ends so i could use the OEM threads and CRG bar end mirrors. If you get the threaded insert part sorted out, it might be a good option for you,

Today's little project:

Step 1: gut one of your garage door opener remotes, remove the business end.

B: solder wires to either side of momentary switch on board. If you cant do this, just hit it with your purse a few times then ask your boyfriend to try. 

III: drill a hole in your fairing in a spot that's easy to reach with your left hand. Mount waterproof momentary switch. Wrap remote guts in several layers of electrical tape, solder to switch and secure to underside of fairing.

voila!

Now drink a beer, you've earned it.

20190331_152007.jpg

20190331_152052.jpg

20190331_152401.jpg

Edited by Gixxus Christ!
  • Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I went with the RhinoMoto bar ends so i could use the OEM threads and CRG bar end mirrors. If you get the threaded insert part sorted out, it might be a good option for you,

If I get the bar threaded, I can use my current ends and save myself $70. If I cannot find a tap, then I can just buy the Rhinomoto bar ends they make for the Renthal bar. So, your advice is kind of not helpful, yet appreciated because the Rhinomoto bar ends are the only acceptable aftermarket units I have seen thus far. I want a steel bar end, powdercoated black, that doesn't look like something out of sci-fi movie. 

Thanks for the tip on those. I can buy a set for $72, shipped. Not ideal, but way better than anything else I have come across. 

• Upvote 1

Got the replacement carbon fiber end cap in the mail today. Removed the can and saw that the damage was more severe than I had first thought, some dents and scratches to the underside and the surface that faces the swing arm. Virtually undetectable when it's on the bike, but still hurts my soul. After drilling the rivets I had to hammer the cap off with a drift because they use glue at the factory. Took a rat tail file to the rivet holes to remove any burrs, scrubbed the glue off and tapped the new cap on. Holes didn't line up perfectly, but a little work with a cordless drill and I could seat the rivets. Popped them all in and reinstalled the can. This post is useless without pics, and I dont have any right now. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

@durk how long did that tire change take?

I’m not sure. I got interrupted mid way through. If everything goes smooth I would guess it usually takes me around an hour to change a tire. 

Fortunately got to get out for few hours today. Back to my old bad habits or sacrificing sleep to finish work early and getting on a bike. Need to be better. Still fun to get out finally for proper ride. Kind of afraid  of corners as if new rider :( will take a long time to get back to the old groove I guess. 

Didn't really do anything to the bike but pick up a new tool for the garage. Going to be so nice not having to lay on the concrete or lean over to do things. Also it will slide perfecly under my Tahoe when not in use.

20190405_162045.thumb.jpg.d1b5541505bad2f63c7c973fc46f0fd0.jpg

• Upvote 1

I got my FJR out of hibernation. There was a mouse nest under the tail section and sunflower seeds inside the air filter. She fired right up! Took her out for a 120 mile ride.

Edited by Howabusa
  • Upvote 1

Got some work done. Put the refreshed shock back on. Got the wheels back on. Put the new r6 master cylinder on. New exhaust bracket. Re-torqued everything.

Still need to strip the stickers off my bodywork and reapply the ones for this year. Then remount said bodywork. Oil change and go!

4C4CC9EF-05CB-4982-8CF8-D56022077758.jpeg

4AFBA26A-5A44-47B0-92D6-891EF80C8513.jpeg

BCA885ED-3BA8-4411-AC05-E3DB1AFB76D3.jpeg

92B30368-E11F-497D-BC46-1FB293E55B14.jpeg

• Like 1

Got the 749 trackbike on the street for it's first legal trip around the block.  Then got the Sportclassic out and got some heat in it for the first time this year also.  First time ever to have 3 legal streetbikes in the garage at the same time.  Now just to get the 749 street body re-painted so it's closer to the same as the track body.

IMG_20190411_122731823_HDR.jpg

• Upvote 1

I walked around my bike a couple of times while doing chores in the garage.   The plan was to get stuff done and then head out for a couple of hours.   The wife came home with a "screaming" deal on some Arborvitaes that HAD to be purchased and planted today or the world was going to end.

:(

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2019 at 8:18 PM, NinjaDoc said:

Looks like Abba stand like design 

AFAIK ABBA only mate to the swingarm. These go in the frame engine mount holes. Then I can pull the swingarm and get a few more inches of center bias to keep the front up for fork work easier (Main goal, this is my 4th stand). Also have a round pivot for smooth lifting. Tacked it together. A few more welds and brackets for a lever and it's go.

image.png.18ccb501ffafbe79acf28c2fce769201.png