What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Salty bike for a salty pauly.

I decided to give Q4's a go on the CBR. Curious how many days I will get out of a rear. $340 total for a set from pony right now if you include the rebate from dunlop. 

If you need tires and like dunlops, buy before the end of April. Good rebate deal going per set. 

Edited by what

48 minutes ago, what said:

I decided to give Q4's a go on the CBR. Curious how many days I will get out of a rear. $340 total for a set from pony right now if you include the rebate from dunlop. 

Eh could be 1/2 a day or could be 2 days. Depends on the track surface, suspension setup, temp, pressures, and how hard you're getting on the gas!

13 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Eh could be 1/2 a day or could be 2 days. Depends on the track surface, suspension setup, temp, pressures, and how hard you're getting on the gas!

My q3+ rear lasted almost 8 track days and close to 1000 street miles. 

Kinda crazy. May be because Mid Ohio's abrasion level is actually negative so it heals tires rather than harms them. 

I'm hoping to get 2 days. And maybe 1 more if I can flip. Need to read up on that though. 

Edited by what

47 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Out throwing the MT around some SEO roads today. Just rolled into Caldwell for a snack at Arbys. 

I’m so jealous. It’s like 40 here and wind is blowing like crazy. I really need a powersports fix right now. I Tried to ride the quad yesterday while the ground was still frozen. I ended up snapping the master link not even a half lap around my track. Chain wadded up into case saver and broke the the case where the saver bolts into. No real damage to case other than now I’m missing a bolt hole for the new case saver I ordered. Starting to dream like @NinjaDoc of warm days where I can make it to SEO. 

What roads are you riding as you’re throwing the MT around? How are the roads down in SEO?

2 hours ago, durk said:

What roads are you riding as you’re throwing the MT around? How are the roads down in SEO?

144,550,377,78,260,26 to Marietta. All roads were in surprisingly good shape, really clean. 260 is getting pretty rough.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

144,550,377,78,260,26 to Marietta. All roads were in surprisingly good shape, really clean. 260 is getting pretty rough.

Thanks for the report. I’ll never forget the first time I rode 260 years ago and they had a rough road ahead sign posted. The road was full pot holes filled with gravel. Loose stone was everywhere. They eventually fixed it. Hopefully they’ll repair the current issues this year. I know last year the southbound lane had some drops in it. I typically run it north up to 145 so it didn’t effect me much. 

@JustinNck1 glad u got some miles, so jealous. When ever I see your bike I wonder if I made the right choice. I was sooo close to pull the trigger on a 10 :( 

@durk  last weekend on March , that’s the magic date. Think positive

Edited by NinjaDoc

17 hours ago, durk said:

I’m so jealous. It’s like 40 here and wind is blowing like crazy. I really need a powersports fix right now. I Tried to ride the quad yesterday while the ground was still frozen. I ended up snapping the master link not even a half lap around my track. Chain wadded up into case saver and broke the the case where the saver bolts into. No real damage to case other than now I’m missing a bolt hole for the new case saver I ordered. Starting to dream like @NinjaDoc of warm days where I can make it to SEO. 

Managed about 70 miles of backroads/gravel here in E-Central OH yesterday.  The rain has washed off a lot of the crud on the roads. New Metzelers feeling great.

• Upvote 1

Filled up the new, larger tank, strapped the new dry bag to the rack and actually rode to work today!

Heated grips on full blast kept the hands working. I thought that setting was for "well done" but was actually necessary this morning :D

Evening should be better. 

• Upvote 1

Got an hour ride in after work today. Even though the CBR is 13 years old now it still makes me grin from ear to ear. I specifically was grinning today as I grabbed a handful of throttle to lift the front wheel into the air or to blast past a car and catch the next set of curves. Can’t wait to be able to head south for some real fun. 

• Upvote 3

Took it out for a short spin, went out for a proper ride after almost 18 - 19 months. Feels extremely rusty, almost worried about corners like a new rider again. Gonna take some time to get the groove back. Still better than just staring at the bike in garage. 

large.92790534-FED7-4935-8806-764DEF8A6F20.jpeg.3f4c8a6da8a6068cb97f9831918d88fc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pauly said:

You sure that helmet will fit, @2talltim?

He said girlfriend, not wife. 

I sprayed my Grom's insides with slippery liquid, finished the new paint job on it and Jacob tossed on my new raised rearsets while I wasn't watching. 

Edited by what