What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the B bike torn apart. Needs the suspension refreshed, exup removed and a dyno tune. 

20181231_184006_resized.thumb.jpg.272fdddaf36440946f64b0597d993bd7.jpg

The R1 got some new front suspension over the winter and a big front geometry change. Needed to get longer brake lines due to raising the front end. Other than that, some Evoltech rear sets and a shock refresh and its good to go. 1 more month until Jennings!!!!

20190112_155703_resized.thumb.jpg.e57b102e7af3b481b2c41649a038b91d.jpg

Maybe havent gotten everything done in one day but working on it bit by bit. 

• Upvote 3

Gave both bikes a much needed bath. I figured it was time to do a maintenance assessment to see what needs done before spring. Both bikes need a front tire, FJR needs a fork flush, and the MT needs an oil change. Really starting to get cabin fever.

• 4 weeks later...

"But what's happening?" - Stiffer(dual) valve springs going in to help deal with the increased lift from the new cam and raised rev limiter (by 3,000 rpm) however, the head is getting ported first. Considering tossing a high comp piston in since the jug is already loose and it would be a super easy swap. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think, HOPE, that I finally fixed the carb in my new-to-me WR450. 

I've been trying different things most weekends since I bought it in December. Poor thing sat for most of two years without being ridden. It barely ran when I first got it. Ran a tank of fresh gas through it, but no change. Got better after I cleaned out the carb but from 1/4 to mid throttle it still had no power and stuttered. I had found the pilot jet had some fibrous stuff mostly clogging it. I drilled it out, then later replaced the jet. Small improvement.  I'll skip the several steps and parts replaced that didn't work. This time I checked all of the circuits and found some of the same fibrous crap completely plugging the line from the pilot jet into the throat. Got it out with a wire.

The bike started up fine. Idled great. But it's SNOWING now, dang it, and it's supposed to be below freezing till Friday.