What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

3 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

@what you done anything to get the race bike ready for next season? 

New rear shock on, airbox mod done. Waiting on new Racetech springs that should arrive tomorrow. Need new tires, need to put number plate on and grab a new seat that isn't missing chunks. Pretty pumped for F3 this coming season. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dirt bike now 😁

At least sort of

i-8nTQcWm-L.jpg

Picked up a set of used dirt wheels with nearly new sprocket and rotors. Spooned on some new D606s and took her out to the farm for some fun in the mud. The 21/18 knobbies are definitely much better offroad than trying to run knobbies on the stock 17s. 

The wheels included a chain sized to fit the larger sprocket so now I can swap between dirt and pave setup with minimal hassle. The sumo setup is still alot more fun on pavement.:D

Also just got a 4gal tank delivered. That should be the last thing I need to make a good TAT vehicle. Hopefully next fall! :dirtbike2:

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CBBaron said:

I have a dirt bike now 😁

At least sort of

i-8nTQcWm-L.jpg

Picked up a set of used dirt wheels with nearly new sprocket and rotors. Spooned on some new D606s and took her out to the farm for some fun in the mud. The 21/18 knobbies are definitely much better offroad than trying to run knobbies on the stock 17s. 

The wheels included a chain sized to fit the larger sprocket so now I can swap between dirt and pave setup with minimal hassle. The sumo setup is still alot more fun on pavement.:D

Also just got a 4gal tank delivered. That should be the last thing I need to make a good TAT vehicle. Hopefully next fall! :dirtbike2:

Have you been Danimally inspired?? :-)

4 hours ago, Qman said:

Have you been Danimally inspired?? 🙂

Maybe partly. I'm just much, much slower to realize my ADV goals. 

A buddy of mine did the first half of the TAT last year. This fall I joined him for MABDR and realized 17" wheels were not ideal off-road and I needed a better range. So that motivated me to get the new tank and spare wheelset, though I had been planning to do so for a while. Like the DR650 the DRZ400 is just way too easy to farkle. 😁

19 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Maybe partly. I'm just much, much slower to realize my ADV goals. 

A buddy of mine did the first half of the TAT last year. This fall I joined him for MABDR and realized 17" wheels were not ideal off-road and I needed a better range. So that motivated me to get the new tank and spare wheelset, though I had been planning to do so for a while. Like the DR650 the DRZ400 is just way too easy to farkle. 😁

How did you like the MABDR?  I'm still very green off-road, but I did do the IDBDR last year..only crashed once!

3 hours ago, Qman said:

How did you like the MABDR?  I'm still very green off-road, but I did do the IDBDR last year..only crashed once!

That describes me and the MABDR exactly. 

The MABDR is scenic with easy gravel and rural pavement roads. Probably >50% pavement. There are 2 short challenge sections that were not a problem on the DRZ with 17" Shinko 244s. My friends on GSAs had more of a challenge but only 1 minor off. Some of the gravel, especially in the north half was really fast. Plenty of nice camp grounds in the national and state forests and parks. It was fun and a good shake down for my camping and packing. The hundred mile range on the DRZ was sufficient, though I did have plan a few short detours for gas and never pass one marked on the tracks.

From what I have read the western BDRs are much more challenging. The nice thing is both the start and end of the MABDR is within a days ride of Ohio.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Hoses installed. Fuel tank removed and heading to the radiator shop to be sealed. New rotors have no threaded hopes for the tone ring. Might have to modify the new rotors by hand. (Yes.. I am that good.)

20190104_143627.jpg

Are you up near me in at Skidmark or somewhere else?

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yes you are, yes you are.

Looking at the two pairs of rotors... the carriers are way different. The stock Brembo is a "snowflake" pattern and the new rotor has more of a "wagon wheel" design. I don't know if I can land on any material to hold the tone ring. 

Shit. 

On 1/3/2019 at 10:51 AM, Gixxus Christ! said:

Shopping for a dark smoke aftermarket windscreen, not having much luck, most reputable dealers are out of stock and I'm not gonna put a $30 abs Ebay part on that bike. Maybe next month the good shit will be restocked. 

could a window tint shop wrap it?

On 1/4/2019 at 3:30 PM, Pauly said:

Hoses installed. Fuel tank removed and heading to the radiator shop to be sealed. New rotors have no threaded hopes for the tone ring. Might have to modify the new rotors by hand. (Yes.. I am that good.)

Samco? happy? Those have been on my list for a while. 

19 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Samco? happy? Those have been on my list for a while. 

Samco hoses and clamps. 

They seem to be very high quality. Fit is top rate. The stainless clamps are pretty serious. To be honest, I am disappointed I had to buy them for a bike with 12k miles. I am not happy, but I am hopeful. 

3 hours ago, motocat12 said:

could a window tint shop wrap it?

I had thought of that, not sure if they'd be able to get it all the way to the edge tho. Idk, a guy I went to school with owns a tint shop, maybe I'll roll up there this spring.