What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, max power said:

Grom?  How did they fuck it up that fast? Spend its entire life outdoors?

Groms are hoon bikes. The story I got was the dude crashed it, got injured and his wife made him sell. He mainly used it as a daily driver. Supposedly.

Runs fine and already has bars on it, though they are kinda wide. Will have to see how they feel at the track. May cut them down or get some more narrow ones. Need to get a number plate, some LED strips for front blinkers and some sort of LED headlight so it can stay 'kinda' street legal as a race bike. I also need to drop some new springs and oil in the front and toss a new spring on the shock, so another $200 or so. Can't complain... all-in after everything I need to do (which honestly isn't a lot) I will be under $2,000 on this Grom.  This will be my main/only street bike after the Triumph sells. Deal's Gap next year gonna be interesting :)

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Qman said:

174 miles Sunday.  31F when I left home...got up to 43.  Beautiful Ohio day.  Less bugs, less traffic, less bikes...I like this time of year...except for those rutty deer running all over.

IMG_20181111_135617016_HDR.jpg

Heated gear? 

I replaced my old fuel pump with one from high flow. Thanks @2talltim for the suggestion. They did not have a regulator replacement, but pretty much everything else. The old pump may have just needed the filter replaced. $70 still beats the over $300 Honda wants to replace it  

5e4do3H.jpg

3 hours ago, durk said:

I replaced my old fuel pump with one from high flow. Thanks @2talltim for the suggestion. They did not have a regulator replacement, but pretty much everything else. The old pump may have just needed the filter replaced. $70 still beats the over $300 Honda wants to replace it  

5e4do3H.jpg

No problem.  My hi flow is still going strong.  I think the connie has run better than ever since the change. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...