What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

8 hours ago, GSX-Sam said:

Fuckin ruined the Z. 

Oh look at this sleek, fast motorcycle...it would be a shame if someone bolted a fucking bucket to the ass end.....

How long you known me? You haven't figured out by now I'm the function over form type? And how is it ruined? I just improved this bike functionality and the occasions I can ride it 10 fold. Five seconds the box comes off, another 10 min I can have the arms and plate off. All this while not affecting its performance or ridability . And before you say aero and wind drag look at the 6'4" monkey behind the bars.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

All I'm thinking is how big is your lunch??????  

Well since I work a lot of 12hour shifts and almost zero healthy options to eat from our vending service, i take a lot. I also eat my breakfast at work and usually take a couple powerade zeros. 

I agree Tim.

Sometimes our needs must be met. I got this box free when I purchased my 2014 V-Strom. I have only use it for trips to the shooting range but it's a nice item to have on hand.

45197158412_d098047215_n.jpg

30307934547_9b1b8311fd_n.jpg

Edited by B-Mac

8 hours ago, 2talltim said:

How long you known me? You haven't figured out by now I'm the function over form type? And how is it ruined? I just improved this bike functionality and the occasions I can ride it 10 fold. Five seconds the box comes off, another 10 min I can have the arms and plate off. All this while not affecting its performance or ridability . And before you say aero and wind drag look at the 6'4" monkey behind the bars.

How long you gotta be on this list to know that justifying, rationalizing, explaining wont work!

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, B-Mac said:

I agree Tim.

Sometimes our needs must be met. I got this box free when I purchased my 2014 V-Strom. I have only use it for trips to the shooting range but it's a nice item to have on hand.

45197158412_d098047215_n.jpg

30307934547_9b1b8311fd_n.jpg

Slick mount B-mac. That looks much better than the ones cantilevering the box out behind the rear tire. 

OTH that is a fugly looking box, especially on such a slick looking machine. The Vstrom is atleast similarly fugly :D

5 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Slick mount B-mac. That looks much better than the ones cantilevering the box out behind the rear tire. 

OTH that is a fugly looking box, especially on such a slick looking machine. The Vstrom is atleast similarly fugly :D

I think that's why Suzuki was giving them away with the new purchase of the 2014 V-Strom. The flat rack that replaces the rear seat is a $$$Hepco-Becker$$$ pice that works great with soft tail bag or dry bag. 

[IMG]

20 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

The flat rack that replaces the rear seat is a $$$Hepco-Becker$$$ pice that works great with soft tail bag or dry bag. 

[IMG]

That flat rack is also decent as a pillion seat in a pinch.

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Returned from a 6 day ride with the wife to western KY/TN loop of back road areas. Great riding, cool morning starts, not much fall colors. Got home recovered bikes and gear. Slapped a new tire on the V-Strom and am ready to go again.

45379806662_404767a7fd_z.jpgKY1 by

30490748737_ddcc48f32b_z.jpgKY4 by

30490748397_057c7f007a_z.jpgKY5 by

45379807632_cfd970f756_z.jpgKY7 by

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

I got out for an hour and half or so ride after work today. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the bike. Only way it could have better is if I had more time to ride. I get Election Day off. I’m hoping the rain clears out that they’re calling for and I get a longer ride in then. 

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I brought my HF tire changer to work and set it up out of the way in the corner of the shop.  At lunchtime I helped a buddy change the front tire on his Ninja 650.  He doesn't have a front lift that will work with the fairing so we put a strap around the upper triple and lifted it with the forklift!  Should have got a pic...

We knew we could get away with it because our two safety guys were at an OSHA class all day!!!  😀

He brought the rear wheel in today and well do that one at morning break.

3 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Yesterday I brought my HF tire changer to work and set it up out of the way in the corner of the shop.  At lunchtime I helped a buddy change the front tire on his Ninja 650.  He doesn't have a front lift that will work with the fairing so we put a strap around the upper triple and lifted it with the forklift!  Should have got a pic...

We knew we could get away with it because our two safety guys were at an OSHA class all day!!!  😀

He brought the rear wheel in today and well do that one at morning break.

I used straps attached from a hand-fork-lift to the frame of my old ducati to do an entire front-end swap 2 winters ago. it was stable. 

1 hour ago, what said:

I used straps attached from a hand-fork-lift to the frame of my old ducati to do an entire front-end swap 2 winters ago. it was stable. 

We were planning to use the 20 ton hoist but the safety guys locked it out before they left for the OSHA class.  😕

Rear tire is on, we'll balance it on afternoon break in about 20 mins.

Edited by MSerfozo

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

We were planning to use the 20 ton hoist but the safety guys locked it out before they left for the OSHA class.  😕

Rear tire is on, we'll balance it on afternoon break in about 20 mins.

I used an A frame ladder and ratchet straps to lift the front of mine... Gotta get creative when stands costs so damn much 

Installed THIS on the R1200GSA.  

https://www.weisertechnik.com/shop/ultrabrights-extreme-bmw-motorcycle-led-turn-signal-indicators-axhzr-dsc8k

Pretty happy with the product.  Very clean look for added lighting.  Very bright lights.  But not cheap.  One thing, there's no real waterproof-ness to the lens assembly, so you gotta wonder how this will last through rain and washing.  There IS a 4 year warranty.  Someday I may order the front kit, that turns your signal indicators into bright white running lights.

Edited by Qman