What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

2 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

How's the beam? Like factory just brighter? 

Some LED bulbs have built in cut-offs. I had projectors on the SV that did a decent job of cutting it off. (It was ok but I didn't care because I typically didn't ride at night and the light that did get dispersed just added to my safety.)

@2talltim is the most recent to install into non-projector housings. May want to ask him how these went. From what I'm reading about the Auxbeams, they have some sort of internal cut off.

From Amazon:

• Throw super bright light on the road evenly at appropriate angle without dark spots/foggy light. Solid beam pattern with sharp cut-off line, will not dazzle on-coming traffic.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Some LED bulbs have built in cut-offs. I had projectors on the SV that did a decent job of cutting it off. (It was ok but I didn't care because I typically didn't ride at night and the light that did get dispersed just added to my safety.)

@2talltim is the most recent to install into non-projector housings. May want to ask him how these went. From what I'm reading about the Auxbeams, they have some sort of internal cut off.

From Amazon:

• Throw super bright light on the road evenly at appropriate angle without dark spots/foggy light. Solid beam pattern with sharp cut-off line, will not dazzle on-coming traffic.

Depends on which ones you get. Yes mine have a awsome cut off line and dont scatter the light but mine look nothing like the ones in your pic. Mine mimic the halogen bulbs and have a reflector.

Screenshot_20180927-220423_Amazon.thumb.jpg.1799fdadfc44d33f3d2d8168afa0854c.jpg

Screenshot_20180927-220441_Amazon.thumb.jpg.00b59542b3eba64c1c7dd004eb23cbf8.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Probably doesn't help. Didn't you say you were having electrical gremlins with that 1000r?

Yep. I got so discouraged by it that I've just stopped riding it. I haven't tossed a leg over it in probably 6 months now. Some people here gave me some advice to troubleshoot, but I work so much now that I just haven't had time to mess with it, and when I do find free time I find other stuff that's more important... Now that I have a nicer car with AC the bike is less important since it's not my commuter... Maybe I'll yank the HID kit out and buy a back up battery jumper I can store on the bike somewhere and see how things go ... Just tired of getting stranded and having to go buy a new battery 

I Rode it 500 miles. It definitely was a bit chilly but had a blast. Pretty sure my fuel pump is on its way out. Squealing like a pig like the 1 I replaced last year. I’m going to have to get off my wallet and buy a new one instead of a used EBay replacement. I also need to sort out my front tire. I’m not sure if me being cheap has once again come around to bite me or not. I mounted Contimotions and the bars will shake like none other. I’m not sure if I need to just balance it or if it has issues. @Pauly I seem to remember you had some issues with these. Am I correct that you came to the conclusion the tire was just junk?

16 hours ago, durk said:

I Rode it 500 miles. It definitely was a bit chilly but had a blast. Pretty sure my fuel pump is on its way out. Squealing like a pig like the 1 I replaced last year. I’m going to have to get off my wallet and buy a new one instead of a used EBay replacement. I also need to sort out my front tire. I’m not sure if me being cheap has once again come around to bite me or not. I mounted Contimotions and the bars will shake like none other. I’m not sure if I need to just balance it or if it has issues. @Pauly I seem to remember you had some issues with these. Am I correct that you came to the conclusion the tire was just junk?

Bad tire. Same thing happened with the Multistrada. I installed Michelins and it went away. Those ContiMotions are absolute shit. 

16 hours ago, durk said:

I Rode it 500 miles. It definitely was a bit chilly but had a blast. Pretty sure my fuel pump is on its way out. Squealing like a pig like the 1 I replaced last year. I’m going to have to get off my wallet and buy a new one instead of a used EBay replacement. I also need to sort out my front tire. I’m not sure if me being cheap has once again come around to bite me or not. 

Check out Quantum pumps at www.highflowfuel.com I have one in the connie and so far very happy with it with about 4k miles on it. Lifetime warranty and very reasonable prices. I bought mine on Amazon so there is that option too. A few tuners and engine builders recommend them.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/

Edited by 2talltim

13 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Check out Quantum pumps at www.highflowfuel.com I have one in the connie and so far very happy with it with about 4k miles on it. Lifetime warranty and very reasonable prices. I bought mine on Amazon so there is that option too. A few tuners and engine builders recommend them.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/

My only fear is that it may be the regulator? It’s my understanding the regulator is built into the whole unit. Thoughts?

My regulator is definitely on the pump. I have read at least one situation where a guy replaced just the fuel pump but it did not fix the problem but when he bought the whole assembly from Honda, fuel pump, regulator altogether it fixed it. It sucks basically the pump alone I could get for $70-$80 but the whole OEM Assembly is around $300, and that is doing some shopping around. 

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

I had two or three sets prior to this last set. Never had an issue with wobble, but never had a single set last more than 2500 miles. Two rears were splitting. One rear turned blue from a gap trip. Never had any other tire do any of that. 

It twas that damn Porsche.

• Upvote 1