What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, max power said:

Burrito buggy was the greatest thing on earth when I was drunk and 20 years old

The one experience I had was tainted by my then ex-room mate (who stole my shit) came up to be acting all buddy buddy. Was very close to an assault charge that night.

Thread related: Brought in yet another tire and wheel into Sills to get swapped for the weekend.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2018 at 5:55 PM, B-Mac said:

Here are some things I have done to make my z a little more comfortable for longer trips. Also race tech springs F & R.

29642556987_624e5626db_b.jpgZ1K Touring by

Im assuming the lowered footrest blocks are from motowerks? The ones that are now discontinued?

8 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I got a new T30 GT rear tire at IP. They are on close out for $105. I got out the door for $146. Also picked up a A-stars summer base layer tank top for $5.

The NFL commercial though. Bridgestone TV Commercial, 'Tires Just Like NFL Players. did the losing nfl players come through?

Edited by motocat12
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Anything past 50 degrees and sparks were flying!

Ycrs should help that a bit as well. 

Anyone need a graves 3/4 for a 15+ R1?

That looks worse than when I last saw that in real life! Probably just a better angle. My back probably didnt let me bend over that far.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, 2talltim said:

Im assuming the lowered footrest blocks are from motowerks? The ones that are now discontinued?

Yes they were from that shit company.

Order Date: Sat,  Apr 26, 2014

1    | KZ1-LFPGBLKS-BLK  | Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks      |    $47.00  |      $47.00 

Color: Black (black anodized)   

Model Year: 2013 Model                                     

The blocks were designed for a Ninja that has a smaller mount bolt. I had to drill oversize to fit the block on the bike. So I wrote them a nasty response. They must have check and found I was right.

I received your lowering kit, Did not fit "out of the box" had to drill oversize the peg mount and Peg's and instl. bushing. junk! just another American half ass company with sub- standard Quality Control measures in place. please take my $67.75 and hire someone that can do the job right. Or make household decorations. Leave motorsports and stay away from Aviation.

re: Our lowering foot peg blocks do fit. Instead of getting upset and using foul language, I'd recommend following our online installation instructions and contacting us beforehand, if you did not understand how to install the lowering blocks.

We would have gladly assisted you and you would be a happy customer now.

Obviously, you tried to jam them in, whereas the blocks install from the side, as the sticker on the packaging warned.

We have many customers who have them installed correctly on their Z1000. You are the only one who had a problem.
It really is a shame that you resort to blaming others for not understanding how to install things.

43 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

1    | KZ1-LFPGBLKS-BLK  | Lowering Foot Pegs Blocks      |    $47.00  |      $47.00 

The blocks were designed for a Ninja that has a smaller mount bolt. I had to drill oversize to fit the block on the bike. So I wrote them a nasty response. They must have check and found I was right.

I received your lowering kit, Did not fit "out of the box" had to drill oversize the peg mount and Peg's and instl. bushing. junk! just another American half ass company with sub- standard Quality Control measures in place. please take my $67.75 and hire someone that can do the job right. Or make household decorations. Leave motorsports and stay away from Aviation.

re: Our lowering foot peg blocks do fit. Instead of getting upset and using foul language, I'd recommend following our online installation instructions and contacting us beforehand, if you did not understand how to install the lowering blocks.

Obviously, you tried to jam them in, whereas the blocks install from the side, as the sticker on the packaging warned.

We have many customers who have them installed correctly on their Z1000. You are the only one who had a problem.
It really is a shame that you resort to blaming others for not understanding how to install things.

Maybe if you did it right the first time 🤷🏻‍♂️

42 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Well shit. My search is still on then.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, Travisty said:

Finally got the race bike back together after my crash at Blackhawk raceway. It has been about a month. The two pins in my left hand come out in 9 days.

https://youtu.be/JfeZbN0Wrjw

Dayton2.jpg

daytona.jpg

rough one, something on the track? the guy in front of you nearly lost it too...

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Finally broke in the grom properly.

2CDFA83C-9315-42A8-AAA4-6761067106C9.jpeg

Going to race it?  OMRL this weekend at G&J and October 6 at Circleville.  Some other groms and Z125s are regulars.  You could race against my clapped out XR in the F3 class... 

25 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Going to race it?  OMRL this weekend at G&J and October 6 at Circleville.  Some other groms and Z125s are regulars.  You could race against my clapped out XR in the F3 class... 

Tim actually race in OMRL yeah right lol.  Will shit brick if he shows up this weekend

42 minutes ago, kbrok said:

Tim actually race in OMRL yeah right lol.  Will shit brick if he shows up this weekend

Always the final race of the year in October.  Usually an endurance race then too.  Need teammates, @TimTheAzn...  2 hr race, must have at least 2 riders, as many as 4, each rider must race at least 30 minutes.  Good time.

• Upvote 2

Mounted a set of Contimotions because I needed to replace my Roadsmart 3s and $150 to my door sounded good enough for now. Took a quick test run in the dark at 8:30 and they felt a lot smoother than my 3s with nearly 7000 miles. I’ve ran conti’s before but never on the 1000. We’ll see how they hold up. 

12 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Pirc and njmp those weekends. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, B-Mac said:

I will send you a photo of the block. Very simple design. Bolt holes have to be the right size. Jacob hawk can make a set.

Cool.

BTW: Sent a email to motowerks and ask why they were discontinued and all they said was due to lack of sales. :lol: