What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a picture of it today since the sun was finally shining.

Wednesday I put the new Galespeed wheels on with new Michelin Power RS tires.  They look great but I haven't ridden on them enough to be able to give a ride report.  Leaving in the morning for Murphy, NC so I'll have lots of opportunities to try them out.

Front wheel weighs 8.8 lbs

Rear wheel weighs 12.0 lbs

Cush adapter weighs 1.2 lbs vs 4.5 lbs for the cush parts from the stock wheel.

I haven't had time to dismount the old tires to get wheel weights for comparison.

2018-08-18 16.16.28.jpg

30 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

Took a picture of it today since the sun was finally shining.

Wednesday I put the new Galespeed wheels on with new Michelin Power RS tires.  They look great but I haven't ridden on them enough to be able to give a ride report.  Leaving in the morning for Murphy, NC so I'll have lots of opportunities to try them out.

Front wheel weighs 8.8 lbs

Rear wheel weighs 12.0 lbs

Cush adapter weighs 1.2 lbs vs 4.5 lbs for the cush parts from the stock wheel.

I haven't had time to dismount the old tires to get wheel weights for comparison.

2018-08-18 16.16.28.jpg

That’s a good looking Bandit!

3 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Changed oil and getting ready to do clutch fluid in preparation for Monday's track day.

20180818_175305.jpg

Your Dog Looks constipated. To much cheese. What's His/Her name.

No problems today. Had a great ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

Had a great short morning ADV ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

No problems today. Had a great ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

17 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Had a great short morning ADV ride today. Started at Rockbridge and made my way east thru Shawnee, Corning, Bur Oaks, Crossed 78 headed down to Sharpsburg at 550/377. Decided to swing back home on asphalt, 550,329,78,216 and 93 Home. 148.0 miles. 42.0 Mph moving avg. 3:31 Moving Time. Short, Fast, Morning ride.

Who the hell is a SME and why have they blocked your content on copyright ground?

21 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Sony music entertainment. He used a copy righted song and now it's blocked

EDIT: FIXED I removed ABBA's "Dancing Queen" and "Take a Chance on Me" music. Should be good to go.

• Haha 1

Purchased new to me SW Motech Blaze saddlebags from eBay and saved a ton of money.  Can't wait to get them installed. 

My poor bike needs some love, I have yet to do the annual oil change & she hasn't been washed since before I rode to the Gap...  :(  She's gonna have to wait though, Motoamerica is this weekend!!!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got the old tires dismounted from the old wheels so I could weigh them to compare to the new Galespeed wheels.  Best scale I have is a digital bathroom scale but it seems to be weighing consistently.  Weights are in lbs.

Stock B12    Hayabusa    Galespeed
            ---------             --------              ---------
Front       10.6           11.0                8.8
Rear        14.0                                 12.0
Cush         4.5                                   1.2

The biggest difference I notice is the 20% reduction in the front.  It feels a lot quicker to turn in and generally more nimble (if you can call just under 500 lb nimble).  The rear is a lot lighter at 28% but a big chunk of that is the cush drive.

A few more pics - 1st shows how much sleeker the rear hub & cush are, 2nd is where I drank my coffee every morning in Murphy waiting for the fog to lift, 3rd is a 4 day old Michelin Power RS.

2018-08-18 16.15.42.jpg

2018-08-21 09.32.21.jpg

2018-08-23 20.38.46.jpg

Tuesday everybody’s mommy called and complained to the superintendent when we had school. So, my school decided they would contribute to raising the softest generation ever in America and cancelled today. I took advantage of their softness and took a ride. 154-170-7-WV2-WV27-WV88-WV250-WV310-WV50 into Maryland. Once I hit Maryland I punched in Home on the GPS. I had to get Home in time to pick up my girls from practice. I rode 550 miles, only bummer was I rode over 200 on the slab. It was cool to hit roads I have never been on and add Maryland as a state I’ve rode in. WV 50 between Grafton and Maryland is a cool road and whatever backwoods road my GPS sent me on to get to 68 definitely had some sweet spots when the road wasn’t all cobble stoned. 

8qJY7cY.jpg

• Upvote 2

Today, 0730 take off.  Did a breakfast street ride to Union Street Diner in Athens.:dukegirl 328-56-Diner-56-691-78-216-93-Home just before 10am.:D I beat the HEAT.

I love the breakfast and coffee at this place.

[IMG]Z

• Upvote 4

On 9/5/2018 at 7:42 PM, B-Mac said:

Today, 0730 take off.  Did a breakfast street ride to Union Street Diner in Athens.:dukegirl 328-56-Diner-56-691-78-216-93-Home just before 10am.:D I beat the HEAT.

I love the breakfast and coffee at this place.

[IMG]Z

What hand guards do you have on your Z?