What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

Rebuilt my seat/helmet lock with some old internal parts I had from the original that broke years ago.  Glad I'm a pack rat!

Once I got the seat off, I saw the wiring for my SpeedoHealer was frayed from rubbing against part of the frame.  Lucky it was only cut through the outer jacket and foil shield - all conductors are OK.  Some electrical tape to reinforce it and all is well.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Casper said:

Wish you were able to join for any of the rides this year. Would’ve been nice to see you. 

Living in Cleveland blows when it comes to good street rides. I really no longer have the drive to ride 2-3 hours to a meet spot.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Living in Cleveland blows when it comes to good street rides. I really no longer have the drive to ride 2-3 hours to a meet spot.

Didn’t you trailer last year or year before to the Epic ride? 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

You don't like  to ride....to go ride? :crazy: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last of the checks before the big trip in 11 days. Coolant, brake and clutch fluids, final drive oil and checked important bolts for tightness. The old silver turd is ready for 7000 miles of western us(of)a adventure. Day before the trip i'll recheck tires and seat in the the brake pads and finish packing. Other than that I'm ready to roll, well the equipment will be I hope i will be.  

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Casper said:

Ducky got an oil change. Tank bag should be here any minute. Tires tonight at Hoblick’s. Almost ready for its first trip...

Big thanks to @Hoblick for the tire change and conversation tonight. Great catching up. 

Side note, damn it’s nice to have cruise control. 

2CC6EDE7-9829-412A-AF6F-3A63B53C2454.jpeg

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Casper said:

Didn’t you trailer last year or year before to the Epic ride? 

Yup! And after that dinner it was the best decision I ever made. Full, sleepy, and had cruise control on the entire way home. No ragrets.

16 hours ago, 2talltim said:

You don't like  to ride....to go ride? :crazy: 

Not by myself on the slab for an hour and then another hour at least to something decent.

14 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Wealthy_affiliate_challenge_pussy.jpg

LOL call me what you want. The ride to the fun stuff is bullshit.

19 hours ago, Casper said:

Big thanks to @Hoblick for the tire change and conversation tonight. Great catching up. 

Side note, damn it’s nice to have cruise control. 

2CC6EDE7-9829-412A-AF6F-3A63B53C2454.jpeg

I wasn’t going to say anything, but that bike is Fugly! Your 675 was beautiful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

I wasn’t going to say anything, but that bike is Fugly! Your 675 was beautiful.

If the 675 had abs, traction control, cruise, hard luggage, and an upright riding position I would’ve kept it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Originally I was going to ride with my daughter today over to West Virginia but she was too sore from volleyball conditioning. So, I made my way solo to South East Ohio via some roads I have not rode in a while. Had a blast. Logged about 400 miles in like eight hours. If you have not ridden 145 north in a while, or never I suggest doing it. They have re-paved just north of 260 and the rest of it is in great shape all the way to 800.  The weather was just about perfect today for riding.  I hope some of you got to get out and enjoy it as well. It’s been a while since I have ridden on the street and to be honest I was starting to feel like @TimTheAzn. I was getting tired of the commute to get to good roads, but today reminded me that it’s worth it. Even tried to focus on some of the things I noticed about my riding style at my track day at mid-O. 

• Upvote 2