What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

26 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Rode the MT to work today. Trying to get the rear tire to last until time to leave for the Gap trip. 1600 miles and it is into the wear bars. 

I have the opposite problem. Tire won't make the entire gap trip but still plenty left on it. So ill be putting it back on later in the season. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the track bike to Autobaun last Monday. They were running the full course, couldn't pass that up. 

But the top case and panniers on my demo. I will be on the road 11 days starting next Tuesday! 

Got the forks rebuilt on the KDX, along with the new head stock bearings. Can't wait to ride it. 

Absolutely nothing and it kind of pisses me off. Busy with car stuff and the fairlane is about ready to drop the throw out bearing and needs the rear springs done ASAP which is happening next week. :(

Lubed cables on the wind screen mechanism. Bleed the rear brake and clutch slave. Gave the new Neotec 2 its maiden voyage and so far loving it. So much quieter than the original neo. Adjusted the LED headlights lower to keep people from flashing brights at me.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:48 AM, 2talltim said:

I have the opposite problem. Tire won't make the entire gap trip but still plenty left on it. So ill be putting it back on later in the season. 

I should be good on the back tire, 3000 to 3500 left on it. My front has 6000 on it, need to finish it and get a new one before the rally.

Got the break in oil out of the Vaquero and most of its first service done before running out of time. Pulled the forks to add a little heavier oil and big boy single rate springs. Good riddance to the excessive brake dive and progressive springs. Added a fork brace on recommendation from @Tonik and it really takes the flex out of the front end. This bike won’t be nearly as much fun at the gap compared to the ZRX but sure will be comfy getting there. 

DD08505E-0DE5-4D67-B959-C232DA8ABE3D.jpeg

Edited by Killer_kaw

Mounted the koso blinkers on the front. So much better looking than stock  it way more visible than flush mounts. Bright as fuck too. Triple tree stand came yesterday, so put that together and played with it. Contemplating ordering some reflective tape for the wheels to make them pop a bit and keep with the blue and black theme. Any recommendation? I've used yakuza before but they peel off and I don't like that they're in 4 pieces per side. Revzilla has some rim striping tape with decent reviews, anyone tried it? 

Also contemplating luggage options. I doubt I'll use the bike for any serious overnight touring, just need something to keep odds and ends in and my lunch for work...that doesn't look horrible. Tried my tank bag on it but was not happy with what it did to the paint. Open to suggestions there. 

As soon as I have help I can set my sag. I don't wanna screw with any settings till that's done.  Also considering a saddleman seat. Stock unit gets uncomfortable after an hour or so. 

Could have sworn the blinker was lit when I snapped this. 

20180531_210347.thumb.jpg.c0fdc0c3954946db656566127726e0fe.jpg

45 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Also contemplating luggage options. I doubt I'll use the bike for any serious overnight touring, just need something to keep odds and ends in and my lunch for work...that doesn't look horrible. Tried my tank bag on it but was not happy with what it did to the paint. Open to suggestions there. 

I use a Givi Tanklock tankbag that doesn't touch the tank. If that doesn't suit your needs, check out the Nelson Rigg CL-1060 S or ST. I have a ST and it has enough room for a full size lunch box.

20180529_160557.jpg.6e2a290eba1cff75f24739a314f971d9.thumb.jpg.2a5f17b1842faca169adadd4377ff729.jpg

Edited by JustinNck1

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

I use a Givi Tanklock tankbag that doesn't touch the tank. If that doesn't suit your needs, check out the Nelson Rigg CL-1060 S or ST. I have a ST and it has enough room for a full size lunch box.

20180529_160557.jpg.6e2a290eba1cff75f24739a314f971d9.thumb.jpg.2a5f17b1842faca169adadd4377ff729.jpg

The tank lock is a neat system, I just cant get past how it looks. I may just get the cortech sport saddle bags....the back seat isn't really big enough to hold a tail bag large enough for my needs that doesn't look like a big brick. 

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

The tank lock is a neat system, I just cant get past how it looks. I may just get the cortech sport saddle bags....the back seat isn't really big enough to hold a tail bag large enough for my needs that doesn't look like a big brick. 

I looked into the SW-Motech Blaze saddlebag system. Very nice, but pricey. The way it mounts makes it easily removable.

I'll look into that. So far I've only needed storage for my lunch commuting to work but it would be nice to have more than the tiny compartment under the back seat for storage for things like a flashlight, extra shirt, visor etc. 

12 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Contemplating ordering some reflective tape for the wheels to make them pop a bit and keep with the blue and black theme. Any recommendation?

https://motoinkz.com/

really like these products. Install not bad and they hold up well. 

13 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Tried the Givi tanklock on my GSA...Wouldnt stay latched.  That mounting mechanism is way cheep.  Sent it back and ordered the SWMotech setup...SO much more robust mounting system.  I like the Givi bags, but that mounting is a joke.

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Literally zero info on their site. I emailed them to ask. If no reply I'll go with these: 

http://shine-graffix.com/product-category/motorcycle-wheel-stripes/

These are the best. I swear it's amazing!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y3PXO6K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Having them precut and and already curved to your wheel size.... Damn.