JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Adventure ready?

i-bHwNrrL-L.jpg

Installed my skid plate and 17" knobbie tires in addition to the USB and heated gear ports I added over the weekend. 

Hope to take dirt roads down to WNF near Marietta on Thursday and camp the night. 

I was surprised how much the knobbies changed the look of the bike. Hopefully they are equally effective at changing the capabilities.

What tires?

19 hours ago, max power said:

What tires?

Shinko 244 in the front and Shinko 700 on the rear. I set them both up tubeless. I had no problem with the street tires tubeless on these rims but they were a better fit for the width of the rim. We shall see this week on the Shinkos

Edited by CBBaron
  • Like 1

I installed a new set of roadsmarts on the FJR and did some much needed cleaning on both bikes. FJR is now prepped and ready to go for my trip to Virginia Beach this weekend. The MT has been getting all the attention, so now it's time for the FJR to do what it does best, eat up miles and miles of twistys all day long.

20180523_194431.thumb.jpg.6eee8fa17750375b1bbfb78354f66916.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Vaquero got a full 2-1 exhaust. Not crazy loud but I can hear it idle now. Also installed a quick release back rest for the wife. Mileage is up and I’m better than half way through the break in period. 

2C4A223A-4A5D-4C9B-8173-CD0D128629E6.jpeg

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Qman said:

Yes, The Suzuki is my ADV Bike. The Honda belongs to a friend. He left it in my care after a short trip we took for me to check it out. I completed the Service on it and have put just over 1K miles of dirt,gravel,chip.seal and curvy asphalt on it. It's a fine machine but it's not something I would trade my 2016 V2 for. He and I are doing a lap of the TOT starting on the 9th. of June.

• Beer 1

Finally got an LED flasher unit that works so no more quick blinky. Ordered another set of koso signals for the front along with some adapter plates to fill the hole in the fairing and bring the signals out a bit. Should be here weds. Ripped around a little this morning running errands. 

Installed led flashing brake lights and led headlights in the FJR. Got another windshield for the MT and got it installed as well. FJR is packed and I'm heading for virginia beach tomorrow around noon after work.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Made it to Virginia Beach. 490 miles through the WV mountains and across 64. Got rained on for 4 hours. Overall, not a bad ride.

The most miserable day of riding in the rain is still better than a day of not riding. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

New grips and chain clean and lube. Also returned all the suspension settings to factory because the PO didn't say anything about them. Turns out compression on the right fork was significantly different from the left. 

0527181650.jpg

On 5/27/2018 at 6:02 PM, cptchaos said:

Turns out compression on the right fork was significantly different from the left. 

The axles are stiff enough that it's not a big deal. You can fit different spring to average out a different rate and some forks have done compression on one side and damping on the other 

Had a 620 mile ride home yesterday on the FJR. Got the bright idea to go up through Delaware and across Washington. Big mistake. Took me 4 hours to go 90 miles. So today I had off work, got the MT buttoned up in touring trim. New set of Road 5s ordered to throw on it before the Gap trip.

20180529_160557.thumb.jpg.89fc5284974481f4c4eba03ea372b662.jpg

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

I installed new rubbers on the shifter and left side peg. After 74,000 miles they were both done.

Dang, I'm about to put my third shifter peg on. I only get about 20k out of one. 10k then rotate and another 10k.

• Upvote 1