What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

3 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Technically I’ve been riding the same bike for about 4 years. There’s just been a lot of others in between. The new one will slow that cycle down to a grinding stop.  $$$

Yep. Last fall. Loved it. Wife absolutely refused to ride on it though. Partially my fault I’m guessing. That damn thing just loved finding the edge of the tire. Sooo moved on to my first new bike. New. I said new ?

8BB92421-059B-411B-AFAB-1BA41CBB9BE8.jpeg

And the wife will ride that? 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike has new coolant, oil, oil filter, and brake fluid. Triumph engineers are sadomasochists. Why the hell do I have to remove the tank to flush the coolant reservoir!? Why is the coolant reservoir attached to the frame by a 10mm nut and an 8mm bolt? Never mind the fact that the coolant drain pours all over the exhaust... 

34 minutes ago, Casper said:

Why the hell do I have to remove the tank to flush the coolant reservoir!?

Removing the tank to change coolant is somewhat common. On my current bike, and the last one, it was needed so you could get to the radiator cap.

Edited by Tonik

38 minutes ago, Casper said:

Bike has new coolant, oil, oil filter, and brake fluid. Triumph engineers are sadomasochists. Why the hell do I have to remove the tank to flush the coolant reservoir!? Why is the coolant reservoir attached to the frame by a 10mm nut and an 8mm bolt? Never mind the fact that the coolant drain pours all over the exhaust... 

Isn't it because they (the sadomasochists) don't expect you to have multiples of the same tool?  That's what a little bird told me the other day...  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Isn't it because they (the sadomasochists) don't expect you to have multiples of the same tool?  That's what a little bird told me the other day...  :dunno:

No, I mean there were two attachment points. One was a stud out of the frame with a 10mm nut, and the other was an 8mm bolt going into the frame. 

1 minute ago, Casper said:

No, I mean there were two attachment points. One was a stud out of the frame with a 10mm nut, and the other was an 8mm bolt going into the frame. 

Huh, then I have no fricken idea...  stupid sadomasochists!

Went out for an hour today, massillon to mt Eaton and back. Put a SERIOUS dent in the bug population down there. Cleaned my visor before I left and it was paved with insect carcasses midway through the return leg. Also, and I didn't have this issue on my last bell star helmet or the bell vortex before that, but I keep getting bugs inside my helmet via the forehead vents. 

2nd test run with the phone charger yesterday. Ran GPS nav, GPS tracking and steamed Pandora with the screen off and only lost 1% in about 15 min. Also noticed my rear TMPS is cutting in and out. Come on and goes off. Not sure if that is due to the chargers interference or not. Jury is still out on that. 9v fast charge adapter is ordered.  

• Haha 1

600 mile service today. Oil change with rotella t6 and a wix filter. I'd like to personally flog whoever put the filter behind the header and then surrounded it with fairings. Also the guy who designed the fairings needs shot. They look amazing but are a bitch. Book says to completely remove them. That's an all day job. Gsxs forum says undo 4 bolts on lowers and the plastic clip that holds them together in the front and you can snake your hand in there. After much cussing and screaming and a trip to autozone for a filter socket the job is done and I only broke one little plastic clip. Very thankful the valve clearances don't need inspected till 14,500 miles. That is going to suck. 

Also installed some mirror risers. Now I can see behind me. 

20180519_152006.jpg

20180519_152012.jpg

8 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Turns out the flasher unit I got was a piece of shit. Worked intermittently so it's getting returned at the cost of the vendor, thank you Amazon. Blinkers look nice tho

I put a cheap Chinese ebay variable flasher in with my leds.

37 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I put a cheap Chinese ebay variable flasher in with my leds.

Yeah, me too. Guess you got the good one. 

I'm tempted to just build one from a 555 timer and a few capacitors and resistors but will probably just buy one...

Adventure ready?

i-bHwNrrL-L.jpg

Installed my skid plate and 17" knobbie tires in addition to the USB and heated gear ports I added over the weekend. 

Hope to take dirt roads down to WNF near Marietta on Thursday and camp the night. 

I was surprised how much the knobbies changed the look of the bike. Hopefully they are equally effective at changing the capabilities.

12 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Adventure ready?

i-bHwNrrL-L.jpg

Installed my skid plate and 17" knobbie tires in addition to the USB and heated gear ports I added over the weekend. 

Hope to take dirt roads down to WNF near Marietta on Thursday and camp the night. 

I was surprised how much the knobbies changed the look of the bike. Hopefully they are equally effective at changing the capabilities.

Why 17"??

9 minutes ago, Qman said:

Why 17"??

That's what the bike has. 

I swapped the Pilot Power RS tires, for something hopefully a little more off road worthy. ?

If I find myself doing enough off road I will look for some 21/18 wheels.

Before the change.

i-fvXFvjh-L.jpg

Edited by CBBaron
  • Like 1
  • Beer 1