What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

Oh No! Not a Dirt Bike. :cry: Will be waiting on your ass all day.:lol: You need 80+ bhp to do any real "Back Road Burning" yesterday was medium pace but hyper is balls out the best.:D

That is of course if you want to ride/tame a big heavy 500lb.beast of a motorcycle that can kick your ass if not careful. Go for it Jay, You all ready have blue riding gear. and you just turned 30.I am sure you and the mrs. with luggage should pull 70mph in that 6th. gear on the WR.:) Get a chest protector because you will receive rocks and gravel as I slide by.:banana:

OR, Jay could buy my GSA and kick all y'all's butts!  :crazy:

New T30 Evos and suspension adjustment on the FZ1.  Previous owner had 60 series tire on front.   The old tires were Contimotions, and they were not good.   Switched back to a 70 series up front and a 55 series in the back.  There is a significant improvement in cornering. 

• Upvote 3

Ordered a vagabond fender delete kit and a set of koso LED turn signals for the gsxs. Should all be here monday and I can get rid of the ugly hang-down. Will drastically improve the look of the bike. Also ordered some mirror extenders because a clear view of my elbows isn't helpful. Next check I'll order signals for the front, probably another set of the koso ones, dont think I'll do flush mounts. Shit,  need to order an LED flasher unit. 

22 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Ordered a vagabond fender delete kit and a set of koso LED turn signals for the gsxs. Should all be here monday and I can get rid of the ugly hang-down. Will drastically improve the look of the bike. Also ordered some mirror extenders because a clear view of my elbows isn't helpful. Next check I'll order signals for the front, probably another set of the koso ones, dont think I'll do flush mounts. Shit,  need to order an LED flasher unit. 

You'll be happy with the Vagabond kit. Very nice quality.

2 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

You'll be happy with the Vagabond kit. Very nice quality.

I shopped around and watched some videos. For the money the vagabond kit is great. Its built very well and reuses the stock plate light. Yoshimura kit costs $120 and isnt built as sturdy. Hoping the koso blinkers are as high of quality as their gauges are. Better be for $70 a pair. I know, it's kinda ridiculous to pay that for a set of signals but why buy a brand new bike and put cheap shit on it? 

Also, got the new top clamp for the hondarocket. Just gotta dremel off the stock gauge mounts and smooth it out and it's off to powdercoat. Then all I need is to pull the trigger on a new headlight bucket and I can complete rebuild/replace the front of that bike and have an adjustable front end and a sweet custom look.

Will definitely need a hand with that tho, if anyone is volunteering. Nothing too technical for me, just requires more hands than I have.

Email this morning says the wheels are backordered and expected delivery date is Aug 14!  At least that's better than an "unfixed" date like the silver ones.  I have a week to decide whether I want to cancel or wait it out...  :dunno:

I suppose I would probably have been more surprised if they had them sitting on the shelf.  The most recent of the two was last sold on a new bike in '07.

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Ordered coolant, oil, oil filter, and brake fluid. Any guesses what I’m doing this week? 

Not riding your bike as usual is my guess. Rest of us did that shit a long time ago. Now we just ride.

Edited by Tonik

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Not riding your bike as usual is my guess. Rest of us did that shit a long time ago. Now we just ride.

Is that why you’re on the internet talking shit on this beautiful day? I was in Hocking checking out campgrounds today. ?

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Worked 6-11, then got on the gsxs for a few hours. She got dirty, so it was a quick stop at autozone and home for a wash and wax. Baby loves bath time!

20180512_144307.jpg

20180512_144453.jpg

That is a great looking bike, the blue is a beautiful color! The fender eliminator will really streamline the bike.  

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Mounted a tire for some old guys FJR today. 

At least he understands the payment scale.

20180512_152918.thumb.jpg.1e7f2d70343a7d8d83d8444ed33d223d.jpg

The old guy says thanks! It was fun just hanging out and BSing with you.

Edited by Howabusa

17 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

The old guy says thanks! It was fun just hanging out and BSing with you.

Haha, no problem brother. The conversation was payment enough but i'll never turn down brews when offered. 

• Upvote 1

After much debate and takeing some advise and placing one order then changing my mind and canceling it. I have decided on a set of LED headlights. Went with the ZED/CSP stacked chip design with the cut off shield. Also decided no fan and no external driver since there is plenty if clearance behind my bulb. Also wanted some with decent reviews and easily returnable if they don't work out. So these are what I decided.

Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series LED Headlights with 2 Pcs of H4 9003 HB2 P43T PHILIPS CSP LED Headlight Conversion Kit 50W 8000lm 6500K Hi-Lo Beam - 1 Year Warranty

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GZ3S4P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_P999AbJQB8VZ3

This guy did a nice little work up on them. They are ones he refers to as the new style 

• Upvote 1