What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

Found out that if you lose power, the Shorai battery charger does not default to 'store' mode. The battery had enough juice to prime the fuel pump and that was about it. 

After getting the battery charged back up, started the track bike for the first time since last year. Took a few cranks but started up, the idle seemed off from what i remember. /shrug

Cleaned the chain really well, looks brand new again. 

Still need to do an oil change and change out the anitfreeze. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Hard to see but here is final install with my wire harness back in front of it.

Glad to see you got if fixed right finally. Hopefully this won't happen to you again.

Started replacing all the coolant lines on he bike only to realize once I had the system drained and pulled apart that I forgot to order the two hoses for the oil cooler.  DANN IT! Probably be a week before I can get them. 

8 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Started replacing all the coolant lines on he bike only to realize once I had the system drained and pulled apart that I forgot to order the two hoses for the oil cooler.  DANN IT! Probably be a week before I can get them. 

Call Kennedy's in elyria, their stock is amazing. I can pick up and Fed ex them. Just give them my real name for pick up.

Finally started putting the upgraded forks together for the bandit. Then realized the copper washers I have won't clear the bore, so sorta stopped there. Got the spring spacers cut, gold valves have been finished for a while now. If I can source a set of 10mm copper washers tomorrow I can have them built. Maybe. 

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

Call Kennedy's in elyria, their stock is amazing. I can pick up and Fed ex them. Just give them my real name for pick up.

Probably a slim to non chance but I'll give them a call to check today. Hell if they had them I'd just drive up to get them. 

Already placed an order through PartsZilla and paid for Expediting shipping but one of them is a non-stock item says allow additional 2 to 3 days.

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

Dumbass

Normally I'd  beat myself up over something like this too but Kawasaki put those two hoses on a different page of the parts diagram versus all the other coolant lines. Who knew a bike would have 9 seperate hoses to run coolant through.

Edited by 2talltim

14 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I stopped in this morning and bought all they had in stock. Then burned them.

Good less donut money for you. Fat ass.

Well the plan now is to put the bike back together fill with coolant and just drain and recover the coolant when the other hoses come in from partszilla.

30 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Good less donut money for you. Fat ass.

Well the plan now is to put the bike back together fill with coolant and just drain and recover the coolant when the other hoses come in from partszilla.

I can afford it, and it was worth every penny.

Coolant filled and system bleed. Oil changed. Garage cleaned back up. As long as there are no leaks over night the fairings go back on tomorrow. She's been naked for about 3 weeks now.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

New can. Just a touch bigger than my coffee mug. Cone engineering sure makes pretty stuff. Do not follow to my right. It will  give those loud ass pirates a run for there money  

5664A72B-855E-4B20-B5EE-7AD7BAD203D3.png

18FE2006-CB06-42E7-A69C-B68EC91138FD.png

Edited by Killer_kaw
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Sure did. But only because I noticed the cooler during the valve adjustment and wondered what the hell it was. 

Did you change your coolant lines? or are you saying you just noticed those? If you did change them how did you get the one between the water pump and the thermostat housing done. I seen it as impossible without tearing the half the bike apart so I said fuck that one and threw the hose in the tool box for some other time. Its a small enough line with a really thick wall and it's not in a expossed area so I'm not worried about it. 

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Did you change your coolant lines?

Nope mine looked fine. May be different anyhow. Was thinking mine went from the thermostat housing on back of the block to the right side of the radiator. Pretty sure my water pump had one hose to the radiator and the other to the cooler. Did look to be a pain to replace since everything is Jammed in there. 

2 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Nope mine looked fine. May be different anyhow. Was thinking mine went from the thermostat housing on back of the block to the right side of the radiator. Pretty sure my water pump had one hose to the radiator and the other to the cooler. Did look to be a pain to replace since everything is Jammed in there. 

Look closer there is a very small hose off the back of the pump housing that runs under the throttle bodies and over to the back side of the thermostat housing almost impossible to even see it until the bike is stripped down naked. 

Mine didn't look terrible if it were not for the 7000 mile trip out west this summer I wouldn't have done mine either.

Well she's all back together. A list of shit I did.

*fork seals and fluid 

*install cruise control

*install R&G frame sliders

*new coolant hoses, o rings, thermostat and coolant change and flush 

*oil and filter change 

*blew out air filter and cleaned the intake and ram air tubes

*final drive oil change 

*cleaned coated battery terminals

*disassembled the rear preload knob and got it turning easier 

Think that's it. For now 

20180425_190921.thumb.jpg.b99475870a4304656abe4f198967cb8c.jpg

20180425_190929.thumb.jpg.0dd18550c77ff2d3ee70e3a8e351d241.jpg

20180425_191002.thumb.jpg.91e83906501e5245b1a196da80d466b1.jpg

20180425_191019.thumb.jpg.ded807c03aff90555ddcab5a90fc0970.jpg

20180425_191046.thumb.jpg.c4062a25fadd5f354494cbc3431ad8b1.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

On 4/22/2018 at 1:51 AM, motocat12 said:

Touring screen that might fit the lines of the bike better than the original. Rick's starter relay. Weatherproof Maxi fuse holders inplace of the main fuses. 

Tried to start it yesterday;Battery weak again (12v dash indicated no load 9.5v starting) and relay shorted closed the 3rd time it was triggered. I'm triggered. shot wd40 in all the wire connections behind the front fairing today.

Edited by motocat12