What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

10 hours ago, Tonik said:

Shave the sides of it?

This is the plan unless i get comfy with it. More time on the bike will probably help. ?

8 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Yea 55 tire will make it even taller. With the Terrys seat and 55 tire I'm perfectly flat foot with zero knee bend.

Yes I’d say the 55 is out for me. Mostly just 2 up is sketchy   That and backing her down hill out of the garage on uneven ground. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my new demo yesterday and rode it home. It is a Tiger 800 XRT. Hopefully I will be able to keep this one for a bit. 

Still chasing my brakes on the race bike. I just can't get te feel I used too. Might have to rebuild the master. 

Not my bike but changed a rear tire on a sportster today. I'm confused, some bolts are metric some bolts are standard and you have to take the left shock off to remove the brake caliper bolts. Fucking Harley.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Not my bike but changed a rear tire on a sportster today. I'm confused, some bolts are metric some bolts are standard and you have to take the left shock off to remove the brake caliper bolts. Fucking Harley.

I hear they require way less torque! 

• Haha 1

Rode the MT for 170 miles or so. Got back home and washed the FJR. Then decided to take the FJR for a short ride. This was the first time riding the FJR since getting the MT. Wow, the bikes are incredibly different, but in a good way. Also noticed my top case has a crack in it.

20180422_170606.thumb.jpg.bddc7b72d692a501894b4396ebbfa4b2.jpg

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Rode the MT for 170 miles or so. Got back home and washed the FJR. Then decided to take the FJR for a short ride. This was the first time riding the FJR since getting the MT. Wow, the bikes are incredibly different, but in a good way. Also noticed my top case has a crack in it.

That sucks.

Did a test run with the cruise control today it worked great. Found out real quick not to hit resume in anything lower than 5th gear. Almost most did a cruise control  whoolie. Took it out sans fairings because i didn't want to take them back off if I had to tweak something. I live on a very hilly road and it held 55 in 6th grar (OD) and only lost 2 mph up the biggest hill before it kicked in. When i got back to the house I did realize the linkage had tightened up which is odd cuz I honestly thought it would do the opposite over time. That's when I discovered this.

20180422_125355.thumb.jpg.7bf473e6074f6cf4020b29b348d92a28.jpg

Not sure if I did it during the install or if it was a faulty part originally but there were enough threads to just reposition the bracket and shorten it.

20180422_140322.thumb.jpg.ac673554895d517010de1c3c2bf69dc6.jpg

• Upvote 1

Got out today after church for my first real ride this year. About 300 miles in 6 hrs. Not in riding shape yet. My neck is sore. Still it was a great day overall. I even got to meet up with @NinjaDoc. It was great to see you Nivin. 

N6y6FAk.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Fuckin told you it was at a bad angle.

Nothing to do with the angle and more to do with damaged part most likely from over tightening. 

Hard to see but here is final install with my wire harness back in front of it.20180422_134812.thumb.jpg.80ccc3b08bc19459df5adf8b3ea141c8.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

9 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

That's what happens when your chasing down a fucking race bike all summer.  :lol:

• Haha 2