What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

Just about finished prepping my little Wr250r for long distance adventure.  Gonna live off her for almost 3 weeks this summer.

Flatland skidplate

Flatland radiator guard

Sandman case saver and sprocket guard.

Sandman chain guard.

Custom top rear aluminum mount plate

Brittania Lynx fairing with smoke screen

Switched 12v cigarette power outlet.

Zumo 550 GPS

GoRace shock rebuild with 18%  spring rate increase.

Forks raised 0.5 inch.

D606 tires front and rear.(To be mounted)

Heavy duty innertubes

IMS 3.1 Gal tank.

Zeta clutch and brake levers

Aftermarket wide Billet foot rests

Renthal hi bars

BikeMaster Heated grips

Seat Concepts full seat.

Moto Racks pannier mounts

Nelson Rigg pannier soft bags.( Not shown)

Pelican top case

wolfman tankbag

Tusk tire repair fender kit (not shown)

Iwyw tail light kit

Doubletake Enduro mirrors.

Fork SealSavers

IMG_20180415_125620157_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the sprocket change (15 to 14 and thicker to save spline), desmog, Dave's carb mods, went up from 50/152 to 55/158 jets and desnorkled.  Also no chance to test ride due to monsoon season.

Will start without choke. May have to drop down a step.

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7454.JPG

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Always said there was one thing missing to make my connie a truely perfect bike. Thanks to @JustinNck1 for giving me the connection on a half priced unit. All wired up and plumbed in just waitingfor a coil pulse adapter to come in the mail. Got about  $110 invested in it.

20180415_140256.thumb.jpg.c3de6c1c3cf9d51c12b20257be7944fb.jpg

20180415_140236.thumb.jpg.0183b5ec1f92a16e04934799204cc784.jpg

20180414_193337.thumb.jpg.357b8344f5a2e386d758c5cb3d085224.jpg

20180412_211400.thumb.jpg.115f2fe042e95c7e9bcef550560c3aff.jpg20180415_140644.thumb.jpg.819dff8ff0382c8f2a15d59da26644f9.jpg

20180415_135741.thumb.jpg.d0d295f4b7fc1969545613281bd7305d.jpg

You have more electronic bullshit on that bike than a goldwing.  Maybe you should just buy a convertible 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tonik said:

The angle on that cable looks pretty fucked up. Can you rotate that bracket up a bit so it is more of a straight shot?

Not really.  I tried the bolt just to the left of where it is now and it allowed it to have a snag or hang up that could result in the throttle sticking. It's actually pretty stout where it's at. That grey wire harness with the black zip tie and metal bracket hangs in front of all that that and reality supports everythibg as well. Ill click another picture of it tomorrow all cleaned up and supported.

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Not really.  I tried the bolt just to the left of where it is now and it allowed it to have a snag or hang up that could result in the throttle sticking. It's actually pretty stout where it's at. That grey wire harness with the black zip tie and metal bracket hangs in front of all that that and reality supports everythibg as well. Ill click another picture of it tomorrow all cleaned up and supported.

From the pic it looks like the cable is pointed to the left....so the cable is coming out of the housing at an angle, instead of a straight shot out the end of the housing to the throttle connection. It looks like the 

I am looking at that pivot point in the bracket, near the bottom. If that was loosened and then you took the left side of that bracket and pushed it up it might line up better.

Could just be shitty photography.

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

From the pic it looks like the cable is pointed to the left....so the cable is coming out of the housing at an angle, instead of a straight shot out the end of the housing to the throttle connection. It looks like the 

I am looking at that pivot point in the bracket, near the bottom. If that was loosened and then you took the left side of that bracket and pushed it up it might line up better.

Could just be shitty photography.

The cable does run a tad at a angle from the bracket to the TB linkage at closed throttle.but at WOT it is perfectly straitup and down. The ball on the TB linkage travels down and to the left. Not a perfect sinario bit the best it can get with out risk of a bind. There isn't enough room to angle it perfectly and the cable from the servo would have a really tight bend if tried to run it a different way. I think with my final product I did rotate it a few degrees clockwise to make it slightly less of a angle vs that picture. 

Just now, 2talltim said:

The cable does run a tad at a angle from the bracket to the TB linkage at closed throttle.but at WOT it is perfectly straitup and down. The ball on the TB linkage travels down and to the left. Not a perfect sinario bit the best it can get with out risk of a bind. There isn't enough room to angle it perfectly and the cable from the servo would have a really tight bend if tried to run it a different way. I think with my final product I did rotate it a few degrees clockwise to make it slightly less of a angle vs that picture. 

You asshole, waisting my time trying to help you with pictures that are not even of that you did. Dick.

Just now, Tonik said:

You asshole, waisting my time trying to help you with pictures that are not even of that you did. Dick.

Sorry that's my mock up pic...lol.. you really think I'd leave that rough non rounded backet that way with no washers or threadlock on the hardware? I'm a god damn professional hack not sone two bit one. :crazy:

11 hours ago, Danimal said:

The number 802 was simply the next free number IEEE could assign, though “802” is sometimes associated with the date the first meeting was held — February 1980

@what is that where it came from?  Nerrrrrrrd.  :lol: