What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a quick test ride in with the new MCCRUISE cruise control system finally installed.  And it even WORKS!  And it didn't kill me!  Freakin' awesome for those long freeway grinds.

It isn't that hard to install, the harness connects to all the bike's connectors (clutch switch, front brake switch, rear brake switch, TPS connector, diagnostic port), no cutting or splicing.  They even added a canbus bridge so I can piggyback the KTM race dongle.

Good folks at this company "down under".

Rode to work this morning. Realized without heated grips, summer gloves don't do too well under 40 degrees. Hit some good twisty roads on the way home from work. The MT is a thirsty beast. 95 miles and the low fuel light came on.

7 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Rode to work this morning. Realized without heated grips, summer gloves don't do too well under 40 degrees. Hit some good twisty roads on the way home from work. The MT is a thirsty beast. 95 miles and the low fuel light came on.

Not much of a Sport-tourer with that range!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Is that typical range on those?

The bike is varies alot depending on riding style. It gets decent mileage cruising on the highway, but I am in break-in period. So I've been fluctuating rpms on twisty roads.

OK, another tank of fuel ran through the MT tonight. Made it 107 miles and still hasn't turned the low fuel light on. Rode the exact same route as the last tank, rode it like a hooligan just like the last tank. I think I just didn't get it all the way full last time.

• Beer 1

Yeah!  Needed an evening like this....rode the SDR to my oldest son's game, and had a blast lofting that front wheel over and over.  Third gear is my favorite, roll that throttle a little past half at 65mph and it will just carry the front for a quarter mile.  Second gear wheelies are scarier - anywhere near 1/2 throttle and the front jumps up quick.  I don't even try power wheelies in first anymore, 'bout looped it out last year and filled my shorts.

I know you guys are all itching to ride this season, and SO AM I!!  Glad to see folks are getting out for some play time.

• Beer 1

Got the zrx on the road and it ran great. Got it Home and now it refuses to turn over again without jumping the Main relay. There’s a serious gremlin in that wiring harness. Damn safety features and anti theft crap. 

Rode it to work. Was a late decision to do so, since they were forecasting rain originally. Thankfully everything went smooth. I unhooked the tender, checked the tire pressure, turned the key, hit the start switch and away I went. I left about 20 minutes later than normal but only arrived like 10 minutes later than I usually do ?. All is well with the world today.  

Edited by durk
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, durk said:

Rode it to work. Was a late decision to do so, since they were forecasting rain originally. Thankfully everything went smooth. I unhooked the tender, checked the tire pressure, turned the key, hit the start switch and away I went. I left about 20 minutes later than normal but only arrived like 10 minutes later than I usually do ?. All is well with the world today.  

It was chilly this morning. I was numb 7 min into my ride to work so it was ok after that.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

It was chilly this morning. I was numb 7 min into my ride to work so it was ok after that.

I wore multiple layers and my 30 minute commute was not too bad. Probably would not have wanted to head out for an all day ride. 

Ordered valves and springs to go with the new fork legs for the vintage Honda. Once everything is in my garage I'll snap some pics before and after. Free rides on her at the meet n greet, but the clutch was slipping at full chooch last year... shit, guess I better order a clutch kit too....

• Beer 2

Since the weather was crap here in Northeast Ohio I left the motorcycle at home and trailered the quad 150 miles east to Majestic Trails. Had a blast leading/chasing my buddy around the trails in sunny 55 degree weather. Had 1 hiccup with my head pipe cracking all the way through. Did some trail repair, good enough to get an extra run in but ultimately had to leave a little earlier than normal. Overall it was a great day on the quad. Today was a great test to see how I did with the rebuild and it seems as though it passed the test. 

• Beer 1

Got the bandit back in one piece today, new front brake pads and lines (sheared off when it went off the trailer) and new battery. Fucker fired right up, took it around the block my dad lives on and then it started raining. Vintage hondarocket also fired up instantly. Hope to get them both home soon. 

• Beer 1