What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

On 2/27/2018 at 9:56 PM, 2talltim said:

With the miles and beats and bangs mine has taken over the years she isn't worth much to anyone but me. Ive seen far nicer units than mine sell for less than $5k

With 72,000 miles on my 2009 FJR, she isn’t worth much, except to me.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replaced the front brakeline hardware on the SV. Was able to bleed the brakes as well (took what it seemed like forever) but got em bled. Now I need to replace a relay and re-solder 4 connections, hopefully that fixes my headlight not turning on issue.

• Upvote 1

Put my new to me pro-cycle seat (thanks Danimal) on the DR and had the wife sit on it with me.  Seems like it's gonna be a much bigger upgrade than expected.  Nice and wide on the back, which she likes and narrow up front for standing.  A little taller than the Suzuki low seat I had on it so I'm not flat footed anymore but not too bad and will likely be worth it for comfort.  Probably need to get some bar risers now.  

Really digging this thing. 

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Cleared the catch can on the xr, runs better.   Still needs more love to catch up with Andy's...  new trailer is great,  should easily hold four big bikes, or one decent sized tractor.

20180317_190949.jpg

7 x 12?

Took the Connie  for a ride today. Finally got my fork cartridges installed and had to try them out. Very composed. Can’t wait to get the shock. 37 degrees really wasn’t bad for an hour or so with that big fairing and gear. 

On 3/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, jacobhawkins said:

Cleared the catch can on the xr, runs better.   Still needs more love to catch up with Andy's...  new trailer is great,  should easily hold four big bikes, or one decent sized tractor.

20180317_190949.jpg

Looks like a damn nice trailer. I like how y'all take your picture in front of it beaming with pride. Very Greenacres-ish. 

Nice tractor too. I'm jelly. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, max power said:

Looks like a damn nice trailer. I like how y'all take your picture in front of it beaming with pride. Very Greenacres-ish. 

Nice tractor too. I'm jelly. 

Hey man, not every day ya pick up your dads 15 year old Deere with a 28 year old truck on a brand new trailer!  If it all went to hell, we needed to remember the good times we had before we made it to the end of the driveway! 

• Haha 2

Started working on the zrx today and learned a new trick. Replaced the single valve springs with doubles and dropped in a set of bump sticks with a little more lift. All that without removing the head. Put 2’ of rope down the cylinder so I wouldn’t drop a valve and used a fancy spring compressor from a fella on the zrx forum. Still gotta adjust the lash,swap the ignition and wire in a new cdi unit. 

FB497151-87AF-4E3A-BEE2-90EEDE566AE3.jpeg

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

How do you like the bar end mirrors? I am thinking about getting a set. 

Well idk yet. I had them below the bars and they were completely useless when moving. Now that I have moved them up, I haven't rode with them adjusted correctly. The mirrors I got are just cheap eBay ones.