What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

With the miles and beats and bangs mine has taken over the years she isn't worth much to anyone but me. Ive seen far nicer units than mine sell for less than $5k

I’m screwed then. I bought this one to rack up a bunch of miles and get banged around a bit. :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

I’m screwed then. I bought this one to rack up a bunch of miles and get banged around a bit. :lol:

Then your doing it the right way. Set it up the way you want because later in the game you will feel like it's not worth the money to do it. There are things i wish I had done in the beginning that I won't do now because I feel she's on the down hill slope of ownership.

Edited by 2talltim

17 hours ago, what said:

I did 1.0kg sonic springs and 20wt oil when I had my forks redone on the SV. You would probably want 0.90/0.95 with 15wt oil or something around there if you go the Sonic route. The front end felt really good after just swapping springs and oil btw. I did not get the emulators. 

I have gsxr forks. Not sure of the internals, but knowing the PO there's a potential for some fuckery in there. :lol:

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I have gsxr forks. Not sure of the internals, but knowing the PO there's a potential for some fuckery in there. :lol:

oh that's right. i would imagine stock springs would work for you in the gsxr forks, assuming they're still in there... 

Finally gave up trying to adapt to the bars on the Tiger 800. Put bars from a Tiger Explorer on. Just a bit higher and more sweep. So that was the project for yesterday. 

Felt better on the shoulders and elbows after a brief test.

Rode about 30 miles through CVNP. Saw some crazy shit making my way back through Fairlawn and Copley border where there were like 10 cop cars and then at least another 6 unmarked explorers with guys driving them with dressshirts under armor vests then saw a summit county swat truck. Wasn’t curious enough to turn around and follow where they were going.